Sign in to follow this  
Robbo007

Craig Moore to be the one.....

A friend of mine told me a while ago that we were interested in the lad a while back, however recently he has been transfer listed and Blackburn have had a 500k bid accepted. Apparently he has rejected them and is in talks with another premiership club. Through a process of elimination I can only see him interesting us, Fulham and Bolton. Due to his price, experience, and the fact that he will miss the first month of the season at the olimpics (won''t bother worthy too much as he will want to give last seasons squad a chance), i think there is a fantastic chance of him being at the club

Fingers crossed. He''d be good. He "failed to agree personal terms" with Blackburn though. If this is regarding £/week I would have thought we''d be struggling. Blackburn will have offered more than us

i''ve heard it was down to Blackburn offering only a two yr contract, starting when he got back from athens and not now. unsurprisingly he wasn''t happy!!

DDiM: I''m gonna have to disagree with you about Blackburn offering more. I think they''re really quite hard up at the moment, what with the legacy of the ''free-spending Rovers'' having ended when Jack Walker sadly passed away.
Last season they seemed to take ages haggling with Huddersfield to get Jon Stead on as cheap a transfer fee as possible and in the last year and a half - 2 years they''ve hardly splashed the cash. Whilst we''re not blessed with deep pockets either, we''ve the ''luxury'' of having a fresh input of funding, ie promotion, compared with the likes of Blackburn, Everton and other perennial strugglers.
I''m remain optimistic about signing Craig Moore as I agree he''d be a rather good player for City.

p.s. : lack of internet access is irritatingly limiting my time on this board but I will hopefully be back on 24/7 asap. Look forward to chatting further with you soon...

If we could get Craig Moore I personally think it would be an excellent acquisition for us, but the point DD made of wages being a stumbling block could effectively mean we wouldn’t be able to get him. Although saying that I wouldn’t of thought we would have been able to afford Helvegs wages. You would think Moore would be quite keen to play with ex team mates in Ferguson and Amorouso, but maybe he’s being put off by players having arguments with Souness. It wouldn’t be too bad if he missed the start of the season as Charlton can play with Fleming instead.I think it would be a case of great if we could get him.

I did think that Temp when I was writing it!! Visited my girlfriend in Preston the other week and Crewe did seem a fair way away! Oh well. Glad to see that Geography A-Level didn''t go to waste from me then! ;-)

Guys,

This got posted on a major news site in Aussie just tonight.

Moore deal scrapped
From correspondents in Glasgow
August 4, 2004

SOCCEROO Craig Moore''s $1.5 million dream move to Blackburn Rovers was scrapped today after a major hitch was uncovered in his medical.

But he could still be on his way to the English Premier League with new boys Norwich City.

Full story: [link]http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,10340304-23215,00.html[/link]

Which is contrary to what Worthy has said.........who knows? Maybe Worthy is denying it to deflect interest from anyone else (Smegson?), maybe we are really not interested at all. Time will tell.

Missing a month at the beginning of the season??? When we need him the most???

And likely to come back tired/unfit/injured???

No bloody way, wouldn''t touch him.