Sign in to follow this  
one 4 the future

Thanks 4 survival

I know the Roeder reign has ended with a bit of a sour taste,but i for one would like to say thanks to the man for our survival last season.At times this campaign he has made my skin crawl with his arrogance & arroused my anger with some of his decision making i.e team selection & certain departures,O.k this season hasn''t followed the script but he has paid the ultimate price.Managing Norwich City has never been an easy job and with the current board still running the show that''s not about to change for whoever fills his shoes.Please don''t use this thread to abuse the man as it''s time to move on if you still feel it''s necessary then please feel free to start a ''lets finish him off thread'' or something. 

I thought this was a thread reminiscing about an old tv programme.  Oh well.Yeah thanks Glen for keeping us up then ripping the guts out of the entire playing staff and leaving us in a worse position than when you arrived.

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]I thought this was a thread reminiscing about an old tv programme.  Oh well.

Yeah thanks Glen for keeping us up then ripping the guts out of the entire playing staff and leaving us in a worse position than when you arrived.
[/quote]

Very true!

Fair enough on the position,but what gutts the loanees that will come back or the back room staff that we no nothing about or just another Huckerby dig or the rumour that Dion would have signed for another year if it wasn''t for Roeder even tho he had already delayed his skysports job for one year?     

[quote user="one 4 the future"]

I know the Roeder reign has ended with a bit of a sour taste,but i for one would like to say thanks to the man for our survival last season.At times this campaign he has made my skin crawl with his arrogance & arroused my anger with some of his decision making i.e team selection & certain departures,O.k this season hasn''t followed the script but he has paid the ultimate price.Managing Norwich City has never been an easy job and with the current board still running the show that''s not about to change for whoever fills his shoes.Please don''t use this thread to abuse the man as it''s time to move on if you still feel it''s necessary then please feel free to start a ''lets finish him off thread'' or something. 

[/quote]Fair comment - and as we all know management is made up of lots of disciplines, qualities and - luck - good or bad. Roeder brought Ched Evans in - well spotted Glenn and well done for that. But do we owe survival then more to Roeder or to Evans? Put it this way, suppose Ched had got injured just when we needed him...

[quote user="Binky"][quote user="one 4 the future"]

[/quote]Fair comment - and as we all know management is made up of lots of disciplines, qualities and - luck - good or bad. Roeder brought Ched Evans in - well spotted Glenn and well done for that. But do we owe survival then more to Roeder or to Evans? Put it this way, suppose Ched had got injured just when we needed him...[/quote]Are you serious saying that Ched kept us up single handed? While it''s easy to have a pop at Glenn, he did some things right, and for that I say thanks too.

[quote user="one 4 the future"]

[/quote]

We spoke to Glenn this evening and he appears to have survived being sacked.

Thankyou Glenn, what you did last year is very much appreciated by me.Good luck finding a good club where you are given a fair chance by the supporters... go somewhere where they know more about football then these lot in Norfolk.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Binky"][quote user="one 4 the future"]

[/quote]Fair comment - and as we all know management is made up of lots of disciplines, qualities and - luck - good or bad. Roeder brought Ched Evans in - well spotted Glenn and well done for that. But do we owe survival then more to Roeder or to Evans? Put it this way, suppose Ched had got injured just when we needed him...[/quote]Are you serious saying that Ched kept us up single handed? While it''s easy to have a pop at Glenn, he did some things right, and for that I say thanks too.Not exactly - but without Ched Evans goals - ie without him in the team - I do not believe we would have made it to safety. It got very close at the end (and some thanks are due to QPR committing suicide at Carrow Rd). GR brought in Evans - a great move and full credit to him for that. But as a manager, I think he was veery poor or downright terrible. You or I could probably ensure survival with a fat enough cheque book. The great managers are those who make limited resources go a very long way so that results exceed expectations (Ron Saunders for example - and Boothroyd?) or can command respect over a long time (Clough, Ferguson etc) - or both (O''Neill). Roeder is none of those and without a massive personality change, he will always rely on signing a Ched Evans, a Leroy Lita, a Martin Taylor etc to get any kind of result IMO. I think he is probably a very good coach - and should stick to that.[/quote]

[quote user="Binky"][quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Binky"][quote user="one 4 the future"]

[/quote]Fair comment - and as we all know management is made up of lots of disciplines, qualities and - luck - good or bad. Roeder brought Ched Evans in - well spotted Glenn and well done for that. But do we owe survival then more to Roeder or to Evans? Put it this way, suppose Ched had got injured just when we needed him...[/quote]Are you serious saying that Ched kept us up single handed? While it''s easy to have a pop at Glenn, he did some things right, and for that I say thanks too.

[/quote][/quote](Re-posted)Not exactly - but without Ched Evans goals - ie without him in the team

- I do not believe we would have made it to safety. It got very close

at the end (and some thanks are due to QPR committing suicide at Carrow

Rd). GR brought in Evans - a great move and full credit to him for

that. But as a manager, I think he was veery poor or downright

terrible. You or I could probably ensure survival with a fat enough

cheque book. The great managers are those who make limited resources go

a very long way so that results exceed expectations (Ron Saunders for

example - and Boothroyd?) or can command respect over a long time

(Clough, Ferguson etc) - or both (O''Neill). Roeder is none of those and

without a massive personality change, he will always rely on signing a

Ched Evans, a Leroy Lita, a Martin Taylor etc to get any kind of result

IMO. I think he is probably a very good coach - and should stick to

that.

[quote user="Captain Controversy"]Thankyou Glenn, what you did last year is very much appreciated by me.Good luck finding a good club where you are given a fair chance by the supporters... go somewhere where they know more about football then these lot in Norfolk.[/quote]well done you''ve been controversial, but not enough, and now you look stupid. Roeder is a one season manager, and now we now that.Thanks for last season Glenn, but the teams performances this year have ruined my enjoyment of watching my club.