Sign in to follow this  
The Chirp

Simon Lappin...

Surely now we will see LAppin play for city again? i never thought he ws that bad... in fact for themoney we paid i thought he was a bargain of a squad player...

i bloody hope so! his left foot ent half bad! beats playin an unfit right footed player on the left!

Not bad at left-midfield.  Looked awful at left-back more often than not.  An okay squad player who gets the odd goal, but not someone I would necessarily have in my first eleven.

Roeder''s treatment of him was bizarre in the extreme though.  Hope we find out one day what really happened.

Has anyone seen face of Robert Eagle this season?

The so-called ''not ready yet'' youth squad were making the bench ahead of him?!

Any chance of him making a return (to those that have seen reserve games, how has he done in these?)

[quote user="Largey"]

The so-called ''not ready yet'' youth squad were making the bench ahead of him?!

Any chance of him making a return (to those that have seen reserve games, how has he done in these?)

[/quote]

Think he''s disappeared into a black hole along with the rest of the reserve team!

[quote user="Largey"]

I hope if he does get a game, he is bloody good!

[/quote]

Totally agree. He could have done a much better job than most players have this season. Especially at left back, and left wing!

Short, slow, leightweight and with no strong attriute such as dribling or crossing - erm why do you want to see him again?[quote user="Largey"]

[/quote]

I never really rated Lappin. To me he is just a very average squad player who has a half decent left foot on him, but definitely not good enough for the first team. Didn''t really understand all the commotion when he wasn''t getting played.

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]Short, slow, leightweight and with no strong attriute such as dribling or crossing - erm why do you want to see him again?[quote user="Largey"]

[/quote][/quote]Well, I suppose partly to see if you are right Ren. You see I saw a good first touch and an excellent crosser of the ball as well as from dead ball situations. Truth is no-one really knows because Roeder froze him out (because we had so many other, full time, good, ball players no doubt) for over a year - despite praising him for a spectacular performance in the Arsenal reserve match, a victory Lappin effectively controlled from a CB position! I agree he is no great shakes at full back - and so, I suspect , would he.. Grant asked him to step in for a while in place of Drury and he did his best. He is a midfielder! Read some of the old Pink Un reports - eg the 2-2 draw v Ipswich. If you dont think he puts a good ball into the box, sorry but you''re barmy - or have you not seen the efforts of Fotheringham or croft in that respect? That said, don''t expect a wundershow on his first appearance after so long.

[quote user="JJ"][quote user="Largey"]

[/quote]

Think he''s disappeared into a black hole along with the rest of the reserve team!

[/quote]

He is actually the captain of the reserves, even though we don''t have a reserve team.[^o)]

[quote user="Reckoner"]

I never really rated Lappin. To me he is just a very average squad player who has a half decent left foot on him, but definitely not good enough for the first team. Didn''t really understand all the commotion when he wasn''t getting played.

[/quote]On that basis who is? I would like to see Bell on the right, sharing the role with Croft (Bell is the better crosser of the ball) and when Croft is playing, have Lappin on the left (sharing the role with Pattison) to do the same.

[quote user="Dogger "]

He is actually the captain of the reserves, even though we don''t have a reserve team.[^o)]

[/quote]

Really?  I didn''t know that.

Suppose its for another thread, but have our reserves actually played any more football since we pulled out of the league?  Keep hearing about the odd ''behind closed doors'' game, but I honestly wonder if the likes of Lappin and Eagle - regardless of their abilities - have actually had any more matches than last season?

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]Short, slow, leightweight and with no strong attriute such as dribling or crossing - erm why do you want to see him again?

[quote user="Largey"]

[/quote][/quote] Couldn''t get any worse than Bell''s delivery lately. Even his set pieces are getting worse.

In short, no.

I''m only aware of about 5 games they have played behind closed doors, obviously you would have thought there being more but still way off the amount needed for the likes of Renton, Lappin and Eagle.

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="Largey"]

I hope if he does get a game, he is bloody good!

[/quote]

Totally agree. He could have done a much better job than most players have this season. Especially at left back, and left wing!
[/quote]

I think I read that differently from you i.e. given all the clamour for Lappin to be given a game, he had better be good !