Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

Manager - best option imo.

Imo i think the best thing for norwich to do is appoint a manger very quickly so that he is able to bring in a couple of players during the transfer window. also nobody at the club fills me with confidence to sit in a care takers role ( gunn, martin etc ). so i feel the boards best option is to get a somebody in who is very highly motivated and can get the best out of the current crop and back him with a couple of loan signings untill the end of the season. when the season ends the board will know what league we will be in so will be in a better position to appoint a longer term replacement.

i definatley think the best option would be to put worthy in, try and get dion back as assistant/coach and sign hucks back till the end of the season on a player/coach basis. these are three highly motivated men who are well respected within the club aswell as knowing the club inside out. as reported worthy would probally be able to keep his post at N. ireland aswell. as the trio all love the club and would probally accept this short term involment, financial costraints should not be an issue.

so to confirm a mangment trio of Nigel Worthington, Dion Dublin, and Darren Huckerby would be my suggestion to the board.

thoughts??

[quote user="lincoln canary"]just read on EDP that hucks has ruled out a return, so a duo of worth and dublin[/quote]FFS No! haven''t we learn''t anything!

Seriously?

Nigel Worthington is currently manager of Northern Ireland. Meaning we''d have to pay them compensation. More money we don''t have, when decent enough managers are available on a free.

Dion said he wants a break from day to day football, is enjoying working for Sky and has a young family who lives in the Midlands. Even if we were daft enough to offer him a role - remember he has no badges - I very much doubt he''ll take it.

Finally Huckerby. Again, contracted to San Jose Earthquakes. Again, no badges or relevant experience. And has the charisma of a lemur. Hardly management or coaching material.

We can''t afford to gamble with this appointment by making sentimental, rose-tinted appointments as you suggest. We need experience, we need stability, we need affordability. Sadly, your recommendation offers none of those. 

I''d doubt Worthington would come back, as has been said a few times on here, the personal abuse he endured towards the end of his time here would be enough to put anyone off.

However, I''m warming to the idea of him being brought back for the rest of the season. If he was able to pull us out of trouble and guide us to a respectable final position, he would at least be able to bury the memories of his public execution against Burnley [and maybe some of the dark times leading up to that rainy afternoon], and maybe even rebuild some bridges.

However, if it all went wrong...

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

Seriously?

Nigel Worthington is currently manager of Northern Ireland. Meaning we''d have to pay them compensation. More money we don''t have, when decent enough managers are available on a free.

Dion said he wants a break from day to day football, is enjoying working for Sky and has a young family who lives in the Midlands. Even if we were daft enough to offer him a role - remember he has no badges - I very much doubt he''ll take it.

Finally Huckerby. Again, contracted to San Jose Earthquakes. Again, no badges or relevant experience. And has the charisma of a lemur. Hardly management or coaching material.

We can''t afford to gamble with this appointment by making sentimental, rose-tinted appointments as you suggest. We need experience, we need stability, we need affordability. Sadly, your recommendation offers none of those. 

[/quote]

well thats glen roeder then. worthy wouldnt have to leave his post, so no compo there. dion has no badges? who gives a f**k we all know what his motivational skills did for the club, roeder had all his badges so that obviously makes a good coach. as for hucks yeah i agree with you, everyting else i do not