Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Roeder - few tears shed

Wow!  That''s an incredibly scathing article.  I always got the impression Lakey never had much time for him but even so, that''s really let the cat out of the bag and confirmed what many of us suspected.

Makes me more angry with the board for employing him in the first place, considering we heard all the same stories coming from the other clubs he had worked at. [:@]

[quote user="National express super guard "]you need to manage with discipline I agree with that, but at least be human, something roeder obviously couldn''t balance. how did he expect players to relax and enjoy their football, when he''s like that[/quote]I think the problem with Roeder, and other managers who act similar, is that they look at successful managers like Clough, Shankley & Ferguson and try and replicate the discipline those managers dished out.  Problem is, anyone who knows anything about, say for example Brian Clough knows he was a master of man management and he wasn''t always a hard task master.  He let players relax the night before games, he would put his arm round those who needed and he chastised players when approriate.  Above all he had the respect of the players.  Roeder was (judging from interviews, meetings etc) abrasive most of the time and how can respect anyone like. The other thing about Clough, Shankley et all had a sense that they we

doing it for the fans, Roeder appeared to despise us at times.  The

fans will out last any manager.That''s we he''s gone, he has demanded respect without earning it (like some how he is owed it) or showing it to anyone else.Did anyone get the feeling that he thought that City and the Championship in general was beneath him?

Very good article.

Alot of us sensed a lack of communication and understanding between Roeder and the players.

Horrible, horrible man. Good riddance!

ON THE BALL CITY!

Sums up how much he has destroyed our club really.

What shocks me most is how long he managed to stay in the job - if all this is true, which I assume most of it is!

what a horrible unrespecting little oik!! Good riddance to him and may we all look forward to what will hopefully be the current boards final appointment!! 

I know I am going to get absolutely slaughtered for this, but this question just refuses to leave my mind every time I have heard him interviewed and also after his AGM appearance.He often refers to his brain tumour, so… do you think that some part of his brain was changed/permanently affected after his operation… and no, I''m not trying to take the p**s. Any form of neurological surgery is fraught with danger, and maybe removing a large tumour has affected GRs sense of reasoning etc, etc.Please don''t get offended, it is a reasonable question, but please don''t go down the joke line with it, its not intended that way!