Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

who is your first choice as NCFC new manager

Boothroyd with his deffensive coach Malky & Dion as attacking coach while learning a bit more about the managment side,sorry but the wife would be gettin some serious loving 

I think it will be Boothroyd but it really makes no difference.

While the Smiths remain its just another sticking plaster.

The over whelming favourite is Boothroyd, obviously. I''d love to see him come in with Malkay as a coach. Maybe they could bring back Huckerby!

Ferguson is ridiculous, he''d never leave a club rolling in money and at the top of their league. But then again, the predicament the club is in we couldn''t afford to get in Wroxham''s manager, let alone Peterborough''s. Ince is rubbish and too expensive, Robins is worth a punt, Curbishly is in with a shout, but again probably too expensive.

Let''s see what the manager merry go round brings us.

any decent manager who agrees the job on the understanding he can buy his own players/bring in on loan proven players will do me...over the years - we''ve dallied with foreign free transfers/league 1 players of the season/scottish bargains/aged prem inbetweenies with suspect injury records/young green raw loanees from prem sides,,,and now carl cort...ouch///unless we spend money via the traditional and proven route - we will always be having a punt and taking a risk...and more often, it ends in tears///

The only way out of the long term hole we''re in is a miracle escape, some positivity around the place and the slim potential for that to attract an investor or two who can relieve our current board. I don''t honestly care who''s at the helm if they can get us into a position like that!!

But if I was boss I''d approach Boothroyd and Malks.

Martin Allen 50% win ratio, seems to have a done a good job at every club he''s managed. But not very likely to happen as he only fairly recently signed a 3 year contract with cheltenham. And with the current bunch of imbeciles running the show i wouldn''t be surprised if they gave the job to the manager of the local tesco.

While Boothroyd may be the choice I would be inclined to go in a different direction. He may not be qualified but I would love to see the club take a chance on Dion Dublin. I know this will provoke a reaction citing "inexperience, we tried that with Grant, we can''t afford the risk given the position we are in etc", however, there is no guarantee that a re-tread manager that would be willing to take on the Norwich job would achieve survival. Dublin proved throughout his playing career at the top level and below that he really is a consummate professional and, in his last stint with us before retiring, it seemed that he had a positive influence on everyone around him both on and off the pitch. Whoever the choice is we need someone that has the potential to be around the club for the next three seasons at least, even if we take the drop, so that we can begin a true re-building process with younger players being taught how to approach things not just from a technical standpoint but also to develop the right attitude.    

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

While Boothroyd may be the choice I would be inclined to go in a different direction. He may not be qualified but I would love to see the club take a chance on Dion Dublin. I know this will provoke a reaction citing "inexperience, we tried that with Grant, we can''t afford the risk given the position we are in etc", however, there is no guarantee that a re-tread manager that would be willing to take on the Norwich job would achieve survival. Dublin proved throughout his playing career at the top level and below that he really is a consummate professional and, in his last stint with us before retiring, it seemed that he had a positive influence on everyone around him both on and off the pitch. Whoever the choice is we need someone that has the potential to be around the club for the next three seasons at least, even if we take the drop, so that we can begin a true re-building process with younger players being taught how to approach things not just from a technical standpoint but also to develop the right attitude.    

[/quote]

I''d be happy to have Dion alongside someone more experienced but watching him in his new career on the television I can''t see it happening.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

I''d be happy to have Dion alongside someone more experienced but watching him in his new career on the television I can''t see it happening.

[/quote]

Wasn''t one of the deciding factors in Dion''s retirement that he wanted to spend more time with his family in the midlands? A managerial position in Norfolk wouldn''t allow him to do that any more than a playing position would. I doubt he will be involved although I''d love to see him back.

I would like to see Tilson here.  I wanted him when we got Grant and again before Roeder.It will however be Boothroyd because there will be no compensation to pay.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Roberto Martinez but thats not realistic.. so i will say Jim Gannon of Stockport... look at his record...

jas :)

[/quote]

Good shout.