Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

who is your first choice as NCFC new manager

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

1 name only(realistic names only please).....d.ferguson

[/quote]

I thought you said realistic? Why would he move from a cash rich club to a penniless outfit like ourselves?

It will surely be someone out of work so we don''t need to pay compensation, so Boothroyd would be my choice.

[quote user="canaryjock"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[/quote]

I thought you said realistic? Why would he move from a cash rich club to a penniless outfit like ourselves?

It will surely be someone out of work so we don''t need to pay compensation, so Boothroyd would be my choice.

[/quote]lol...we have a better chance of getting d.ferguson than a.ferguson thas my piont :-)[Y]

[quote user="canaryjock"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Many people were saying we didn''t have the money to sack Roeder and they were wrong, I personally think that if Ferguson was their choice they''d find the money from somewhere to pay the compensation. If we can''t entice a manager away from Peterborough we might as well pack up now.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]If not Tilson, Boothroyd.[/quote]

Totally agree. I think Tilson has experience, drive, determination, great eye for talent and an ability to work on a budget. He''d be my first choice. But if not, Boothroyd.

how about some ex city players

phelan, bowen, robins,

with some ex citys guys as coaches

iwan,  fleming,  malky, dublin,

get some familiar faces in, that can show these players some passion, and beleive, not an outsider, but no useless like peter grant

Roberto Martinez at Swansea would be good, probably wouldn''t have much of a chance of getting him though.

[quote user="city till i die"]

how about some ex city players

phelan, bowen, robins,

with some ex citys guys as coaches

iwan,  fleming,  malky, dublin,

get some familiar faces in, that can show these players some passion, and beleive, not an outsider, but no useless like peter grant

[/quote]

I would rather not have any ex players with the possible exception of Robins. It always seems that whenever we need a manager the old nostalgia kicks in and people come up with the same names. Dublin has said on more than one occasion that he''s not interested in coaching so I think we can rule him out.

Curbishley, Jewell, Robins, Paul Ince, Worthington, Boothroyd.

I would give all of them a chance. most of them have not done so well recently but beforehand achieved pretty impressive records at their clubs.

Darren Ferguson. I don''t think compensation would be an issue. Remember we have a substantial sell on clause with Joe Lewis which could be negotiated away.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Darren Ferguson. I don''t think compensation would be an issue. Remember we have a substantial sell on clause with Joe Lewis which could be negotiated away.[/quote]very good point.

Martinez was a good shout although, as you say, fat chance of luring him here .. I just hope we don''t bring in a ''hoofball'' merchant although have to say I have absolutely no faith in this lot to make a sound appointment. Has it even occured to them that we find ourselves in this position on an annual basis because of their lousy appointments? ggggrrrrrr

Can''t wait to see who they have lined up to pick the team on Saturday ... Splat the Cat? ... Razz the Clown? ... the canary fairy? ...although it could be argued could they makes this any worse?!

OTBC

Hope it will be Curbishley, but can''t see it happening.Wouldn''t mind Tilson, plays good football and has achieved miracles at Southend.