Sign in to follow this  
Rum Ol Boy

Appointment of new manager

Now that Glenn Roeder has finally left the Carrow Road hotseat there seems to be a lot of posters suggesting that a manager is "close". Do you not think that following two very unsuccessful managerial appointments the board will wait for the dust to settle and attempt to make a good choice this time? Following the flack Delia and Co have been receiving over the last year I doubt very much "Boothroyd will be unveiled soon" or "Holloway is being interviewed". I feel that the current board has run its course but probably in their mind THIS is their LAST chance to pull this club out of the mire........It really would not surprise me if the search does go on over the next two weeks, I hope they look long and hard at the situation and don''t just jump at the first available applicant. I really don''t know who I would like to take over the reins but this will be pivitol in our season.......I see no quick appointments being made so stop looking at the odds on Ladbrokes and starting rumours!!

The club does not have time to find a messiah to save it has to be done now, it is mid january the club has no manager and lack of personel so Delia & co have to act now, taking time to appoint like they have previously has only brought misery, its time to speculate to accumulate!

OTBC since 1969

I can see your point, but I just feel they will wait until the last minute to appoint a successor.......its a tough situation because on one hand they need to be sure of the appointment but also they need to give the new man a gap in the window to add to the squad.........

[quote user="singing canary"]

i should imagine this has been in the pipeline for a few weeks now .

my guess is they know who is taking over, and even the players comming in .

[/quote]

Would have thought so, the fans have been restless for a few weeks now, and I''m incline to agree with S C on this, they can''t leave it to long

I was about to say would the board be so devious as to scout around before sacking Roeder but in their situation I think they probably would

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"]I can see your point, but I just feel they will wait until the last minute to appoint a successor.......its a tough situation because on one hand they need to be sure of the appointment but also they need to give the new man a gap in the window to add to the squad.........
[/quote]

Not that he''s the definitive source of info or anything, but Waggers is saying the board are hoping to have a team installed by Saturday.

SSN have now said the board are in the process of deciding on a team to take charge on Saturday.....now is it me or apart from Gunn theres not really much at the club so maybe you''re right..interesting

I agree singing canary.I have had a feeling since the January transfer window opened that the board were giving Roeder the opportunity to turn things around and that any funds/signings would be dependant on how well he did in the first couple of weeks.I really would not be surprised to see a new manager unveled by the end of this week even if he does not take charge for Saturday and then 3 - 4 new arrivals to follow him through the door.Maybe this is why the board has been so quiet in the face of fans uproar.

P.S I did state a few weeks ago that Roeder is not well thought of in the North East and is seen as suffering from second season syndrome as well as being arrogant.Me thinks his managerial career may now be at an end.