Sign in to follow this  
Fluff

Has Stringer gone senile?

Having had the privilege of being coached as a kid by Dave Stringer and placing him high in my list top people, it saddens me to read his "Why not Webb" comments regarding giving Keith Webb ago!  I sincerely hope he isnt losing his marbles!

I played one game with Stringer for Gorleston Minors a few centuries ago and thought exactly as you.

We have all suffered many frustrations with our club but if Webb got the job I will have to take the wife out on Saturday afternoons!!

I nearly fell off my chair when I read this. The one thing it tells me is Stringer (who was on the interview panel for the last 2 appointments) needs to be NO WHERE near the panel when the club appoint a new man! He has obviously lost his marbles!!

CF

[quote user="Carrow Fink"]

I nearly fell off my chair when I read this. The one thing it tells me is Stringer (who was on the interview panel for the last 2 appointments) needs to be NO WHERE near the panel when the club appoint a new man! He has obviously lost his marbles!!

CF

[/quote]

Correct - it is an apalling suggestion in my opinion. The Binners would have a field day if our next manager comes from Kings Lynn!! Someone had the audacity to compare him with Nigel Clough! I think not.  

First thing I thought when I read this was that KL would want a decent pay off for the best thing that''s happened to them in a long time.

Then I tried to work out why we might actually want him...

I couldn''t [*-)]

[quote user="Carrow Fink"]

CF

[/quote]

Exactly, its certifiable![:S]

As a coach (before he was manager) he was second to none and I still believe had Chase given him the £1m he wanted before the cup semi, we would have done the double.  HOWEVER dreadful judge of caracter where managers are concerned!

Recommending Grant made me concivnced he has lost the plot.  Subsequent events point to a need to get him into a padded area quick sharp.[quote user="Fluff"]

Having had the privilege of being coached as a kid by Dave Stringer and placing him high in my list top people, it saddens me to read his "Why not Webb" comments regarding giving Keith Webb ago!  I sincerely hope he isnt losing his marbles!

[/quote]