Sign in to follow this  
Huh?!

Aidy Boothroyd odds go from 5/2 to 8/11

He is now favoured to be the next City boss.  Do you think he would bring Makaay with him as his no.2?  Would you want him here??

I wouldn''t mind him.  He did well at Watford, they both know the club, and Malkay''s well loved with the fans.  We could do a hell of alot worse than that duo.  Problem is we don''t have amazing players, so whoever we get needs backing and time to build.  We''re becoming the Newcastle of our division and it''s not good for team morale.

I think Boothroyd is capable of firing up the players and Malky should at the very least sort out the woeful defending. Boothroyd has experience of getting a team promoted and will hopefully have learnt why it then went wrong at Watford after relegation. At least they both know the club which I think is an advantage although Roeder and Grant have cleared out almost all of what existed when they were here.

Quite a few Watford fans around here, and all were very disappointed when he left - they all felt the rug was pulled from under him. If he were appointed, along with Malky, I dont think there could be too many complaints at this time..........wait for it

A Boothroyd and Malky would be fine by me, because of the above reasons but my only concern is at Watford they won promotion through long ball tactics, whether you''re prepared to watch it if it brings results or not, we simply can''t play it with the current squad

I think he is the best candidate who is likely to take the job.  Long ball tactics might play to our strengths with the mighty Carl Cort now heading back to match sharpness......

[quote user="ncfcstar"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]He would be acceptable.[/quote]

Never happy.

[/quote]

FFS its only choice of words star, grow up!.

Would be happy with Bothroyd, but would want Malky back as well as No.2-he fits the "knows Norwich" requirement and could be the next Manager in waiting if we also had that in mind if and when (good grief, I am speculating on who might eventually replace a Manager we haven''t even appointed!) Boothroyd left.

He or Robins, though would anticipate the club might want an older, "wise" head working with him. Am sure Robins would be interested. He, of course, as well as Malky, would neccessitate compensation.

At the moment, they look to be the only genuine contenders, the Board won''t consider Ince -he certainly won''t "get" Norwich and may turn out to be a younger Roeder-and the flock of also rans (Holloway, Jewell-PER-LEASE!!) are mentioned only to use up column space.

Getting Worthington back, in any capacity, not a good idea and hopefully the Board realise that.

Would be pretty underwhelmed with Boothroyd, and if he wanted to play the same tactics as at Watford, he''d need to change half the squad which we know isn''t an option, but I can''t see him playing a different game. In actual fact, Roeder was thinking along the right lines with the style of play, unfortunately his signings and squad selections made this irrelevant.With the players we have, we''d be better focusing on a passing, possession game, and looking to get the ball into feet for players like Lupoli, Curo etc. This would also fit in with players like Hoolahan and Croft, who are far better at running at players with the ball at feet, than they are picking out crosses.Back to Boothroyd, and Watford were worse than us in their Premiership season and nothing Boothroyd did then was vaguely effective, at least we got some great results against bigger teams such as the 2-0 win over Man Utd.For me it has to be Bowen to be given the job, he was there at the time we actually played attractive, passing football, has great respect for the club and due to his time under both Bruce and Hughes, is likely to have developed some good contacts at the top level. Get him in with both Crook and Butterworth as assistant and defensive coach and we could see a bit of magic happen again...Indy.

Just had a message from a mate in Norway who says don''t touch Aage Hareide with a bargepole, as he appears to be in the frame.  Everyone in Norway totally underwhelmed by his performance as national boss and also information has it that he is even more arrogant than Rodent (is that possible?).

Bowen has ruled it out though hasn''t he?

So we shall all just have to be patient and see who the board have chosen.

Although they better make it fast lol time is running out with the TR. [:)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Bowen has ruled it out though hasn''t he?[/quote]Being fair, if you were assistant manager at a club who have the money to make you redundant with a thought, would it be sensible for him to come out and state he''d like to come here?Very few people who are currently in employment will actively state they''d like a job elsewhere, and often rule themselves out, only to join not long after when an official approach is made.I really hope we actually do make an official approach, at least we''d know one way or another if he genuinely didn''t want the job.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Bowen has ruled it out though hasn''t he?[/quote]Being fair, if you were assistant manager at a club who have the money to make you redundant with a thought, would it be sensible for him to come out and state he''d like to come here?

Very few people who are currently in employment will actively state they''d like a job elsewhere, and often rule themselves out, only to join not long after when an official approach is made.

I really hope we actually do make an official approach, at least we''d know one way or another if he genuinely didn''t want the job.
[/quote]

lol true, can''t see it though.

Being an assistant manager is a lot different to being The Manager, as we found out with Granty.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Being an assistant manager is a lot different to being The Manager, as we found out with Granty.[/quote]Very true, but we can''t discount everyone in this position just because Grant wasn''t great in the role.Look at what happened when people like Stringer and Walker made the step up...

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Bowen has ruled it out though hasn''t he?

So we shall all just have to be patient and see who the board have chosen.

Although they better make it fast lol time is running out with the TR. [:)]

[/quote]A strange choice of tense though in Bowen''s words reported in the Beeb article -"But it will be a very hard to leave Manchester City at the moment with what''s happening here."

If this is true then he is a done deal:http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1537479/ShowPost.aspx

[quote user="city4life"]He is now favoured to be the next City boss.  Do you think he would bring Makaay with him as his no.2?  Would you want him here??[/quote]