Sign in to follow this  
Sheffield uni Canary

Age Hareide???

[quote user="Plastic Scouser"]And therein lies your problem we8wba.  You ain''t a fan.
[/quote]

never heard of the bloke, thought some was asking his age to start with, but guessing thats his first name

personally i would say no, i imagine him to be quite similar to the guy at southampton. a relagtion dogfight is a completey differant animal to managing a national side.

on the flip side we might sign roeders target iverson! being the sam nationality perhaps he can persuade iverson to stop playing hide and seek in the frozen food section of asda

[quote user="Sheffield uni Canary"]

http://new.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/Sport/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED15%20Jan%202009%2010%3A24%3A26%3A963

Any thoughts???

[/quote]

yes I have a thought. if he doesn''t get money to spend  then it makes no difference who gets the job. Hareide would be no better or worse than some of the other candidates, but if he gets no money to spend then no doubt posters will all be slagging him off in 12 months time, after he''s been shown the door by our wonderful Board.

Boothroyd now the favourite, a Manager regarded as not good enough to stay in his seat at Watford. The truth is that Boothroyd is probably a decent manager, but will be completely useless to appoint him if he doesnt get funds. No money and he will be getting the same results as at Watford. It really doesn''t matter who unless there''s some money there.

try oh-ge (as in get without T) Har (as in hargreaves) eid (as in aid) e (eh)

Thats as close as I can explain...If someone really cared :)

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Sheffield uni Canary"]

http://new.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/Sport/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED15%20Jan%202009%2010%3A24%3A26%3A963

Any thoughts???

[/quote]

yes I have a thought. if he doesn''t get money to spend  then it makes no difference who gets the job. Hareide would be no better or worse than some of the other candidates, but if he gets no money to spend then no doubt posters will all be slagging him off in 12 months time, after he''s been shown the door by our wonderful Board.

Boothroyd now the favourite, a Manager regarded as not good enough to stay in his seat at Watford. The truth is that Boothroyd is probably a decent manager, but will be completely useless to appoint him if he doesnt get funds. No money and he will be getting the same results as at Watford. It really doesn''t matter who unless there''s some money there.

[/quote]

Totally agree!

First i would like to say hi to everyone as this is my first post,        I belive this guy would be an ideal as our next manager, Just comes down to if we can afford him.he was the national manager of norway but currently out of work because he resigned that position,Very well thought of in the scandanavian leagues with success with some of there top teams most recently rosenburg.also ex-player has stated interest in the job, no betting odds what i can find do the bookies know something?

By the way, his name is Åge Hareide, not Age.
Å is a Norwegian letter, often written double A (Aa) in countries where the letter Å (å) doesn''t exist.

Å is prounanced almost like oh without the h.
Not easy to explain...

For people who are interested, there are also two other letters in the Norwegian alfabet; æ (Æ) and ø (Ø).
You find those letters in names such as Ole Gunnar Solskjær or Ole Andreas Hjørungnes (myself).

I hope Åge Hareide will be our next manager, but I really don''t think he will be offered the job.
He played for Norwich City from 1982-84.

[quote user="Lurkio"]First i would like to say hi to everyone as this is my first post,
        I belive this guy would be an ideal as our next manager, Just comes down to if we can afford him.
he was the national manager of norway but currently out of work because he resigned that position,
Very well thought of in the scandanavian leagues with success with some of there top teams most recently rosenburg.
also ex-player has stated interest in the job, no betting odds what i can find do the bookies know something?
[/quote]

Wake up call Lurkio - see my post elsewhere - have a good mate (Norwegian) who reckons that Hareide is a walking disaster area - not well thought of by fans and more arrogant that Rodent (apparently).  So definite no even though he is ex-City.

Just to clarify the above, these are the exact words from my Norwegian pal :

''A rumour here in Norway is that our former national coach, Åge Hareide, could be offered the job. DON''T, not even if hell freezes over. This man is pathetic. If you thought Roeder was arrogant, this bloke is worse. Can''t take any criticism and wind himself up on the slightest hint of resistance from the media or the people around him.
Looking at his record as a manager for our national team, you might think “it’s not that bad” - 24 wins from 58 games. Well it’s not. The truth is that Hareide’s Norway never managed to qualify to neither the World Cup nor the European Football Championship and every single game that meant something, WE LOST.

STAY AWAY.''

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

Just to clarify the above, these are the exact words from my Norwegian pal :

''A rumour here in Norway is that our former national coach, Åge Hareide, could be offered the job. DON''T, not even if hell freezes over. This man is pathetic. If you thought Roeder was arrogant, this bloke is worse. Can''t take any criticism and wind himself up on the slightest hint of resistance from the media or the people around him.
Looking at his record as a manager for our national team, you might think “it’s not that bad” - 24 wins from 58 games. Well it’s not. The truth is that Hareide’s Norway never managed to qualify to neither the World Cup nor the European Football Championship and every single game that meant something, WE LOST.

STAY AWAY.''

I   L I K E   B I G  L E T T E R S ! ! ! ! ! ! !

[/quote]

People always have different opinions.

For me, Hareide is a top quality manager.

He did an ok job for Norway without any class players in his squad. It''s a long time since Norway used to beat England and other top European countries (England look as themselves as a top football team...). This only means that Hareide is used to manage a team with limited quality.

Arrogance? I don''t think that''s the correct word. Diplomatic is better if you ask me.

Hareide was pretty bad for the Norwegian side, but he was very good with Rosenborg, Helsingborg (Sweden) and Brøndby (I think it was that - in Denmark) These clubs play more like Norwich than Norway does, passing the ball well, etc. I don´t think he would be that bad, and as for the arrogancy - he can´t compete with Roeder at all, but who can?

Norwegian players? Yes, perhaps he could bring in a few, but the greatest player ever is at the moment in USA... So BRING HIM BACK!!

All in all - it will be Aidy Boothroyd won´t it?

Roberth

Norway