Sign in to follow this  
shortfatb

The Smiths

I know a lot of people really want the Smiths to bugger off and I too would like new investment and new direction, but it seems to me that they must really want to go but nobody wants to buy into the club. I honestly believe that if they could get out the club, not with a great a  profit but also not with a horrible loss they would disappear in an instant. Two people in their late 60''s surely can''t enjoy this level of stress and sh*t on a daily basis. I think if she could continue to have an input into the catering and he could just turn up and watch they would go for it.Whilst the Richest in Football Lists put them as being with £15m, a large element of that is still the money they have in the club, and whilst for normal people that would still leave them comfortable for the rest of their lives, I can see why they would want a bit of the money back, but I don''t understand why they would want to continue on such a miserable path with the club having no money, no success and constant personnel changes.   

I don''t want The Smiths to bugger off, I''d love for them to reunite. Heaven Knows I''m Miserable Now- what a tune! Quite apt in the current climate of the football club as well!

[quote user="Marty"]Stop me if you''ve heard this one before................[/quote]It''s not that I am trying to be any kind of apologist for them, I just think they must be p*ssed off that they put all their cash in to City, f***ed it up, or had others f**k it for them and are now stuck with their pension in a nose diving basket case of a club.

or -

Heaven Knows I''m Miserable Now (Roeder, The Fans)

or

Still Ill (The Club)

or

Nowhere Fast (The Club Again)

or

What Difference Does It Make? (Manager without Transfer Kitty)

or

Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want (Board Out, Cullum/New Investor In)

or

I Want The One I Cant Have (Cullum Again)

or

Well I Wonder (New Manager?)

or

I Won''t Share You (Delia)

Finally

Asleep (The River End!)

Bit of a Smiths fan me, and with ticket for the Mozzer gig at Yarmouth in May!!!

[quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Marty"]Stop me if you''ve heard this one before................[/quote]

It''s not that I am trying to be any kind of apologist for them, I just think they must be p*ssed off that they put all their cash in to City, f***ed it up, or had others f**k it for them and are now stuck with their pension in a nose diving basket case of a club.
[/quote]

no, no, that was a Smiths (Mancunian 80''s band, popular with lonely single males and not know for their cheerful lyrics!) based joke!

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

or -

Heaven Knows I''m Miserable Now (Roeder, The Fans)

or

Still Ill (The Club)

or

Nowhere Fast (The Club Again)

or

What Difference Does It Make? (Manager without Transfer Kitty)

or

Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want (Board Out, Cullum/New Investor In)

or

I Want The One I Cant Have (Cullum Again)

or

Well I Wonder (New Manager?)

or

I Won''t Share You (Delia)

Finally

Asleep (The River End!)

Bit of a Smiths fan me, and with ticket for the Mozzer gig at Yarmouth in May!!!

[/quote]

what about:

Bigmouth Strikes Again (cullum and his pointless comments about roeder being sacked, when it has nothing to do with him)

What She (delia) Said (lies)

I think you got most of the obvious ones though!

oo oo oo Some girls (delia) are bigger than others

What about:

''Delia take a bow'' (obviously a slight change from the original which was ''Sheila'' but meaning is it time to go?)

''This night has opened my eyes'' (The board after Tuesday''s woeful performance)

I started something I couldn''t finish (Roeder)

Sweet and Tender Hoolahan (Just because it''s a great song!)

[quote user="shortfatb"]Sorry, my mistake. Do you think if I changed the name of the thread it would get back on course?
[/quote]

Nah, this is much more fun; allows us to forget about the football for a while:-)

[quote user="sig"]

[quote user="shortfatb"]Sorry, my mistake. Do you think if I changed the name of the thread it would get back on course?[/quote]

Nah, this is much more fun; allows us to forget about the football for a while:-)

[/quote]OK, knock yourself out. 

[quote user="Belinda Honeychild"][quote user="Marty"]Stop me if you''ve heard this one before................[/quote]

That joke isn''t funny any more.

[/quote]

replies with a short drum roll followed by a cymbol crash a la post punchline style!

(in other words do not know enough Smiths songs to get a logical yet amusing reply!)