Sign in to follow this  
Lewie - Holt Our Saviour

Ian Dowie to be NCFC manager till the end of the season?

I heard that the following is going to happen,Bryan gunn manages this Saturdays game.Ian Dowie Takes over as manager until the end of the season.I''m not sure if this is true or not my step dad got told this by a mate of his.This doesn''t sound to bad: "On 21 December 2003, Dowie was appointed manager of Crystal Palace,

inheriting a squad with low morale and occupying 19th place in Division

One. However, under his leadership, the club went on an impressive run

that included 17 wins from 23 games after he took over, until the end

of the season, enabling the club to finish in sixth place in Division

One, just scraping into the Division One play-off places."

Team Nat From To Record
G W L D Win %
Queens Park Rangers Flag of England 28 September 1998 16 October 1998 2 1 1 0 50.00
Oldham Athletic Flag of England 31 May 2002 19 December 2003 82 31 23 28 37.80
Crystal Palace Flag of England 22 December 2003 22 May 2006 123 50 44 29 40.65
Charlton Athletic Flag of England 30 May 2006 13 November 2006 15 4 8 3 26.66
Coventry City Flag of England 19 February 2007 11 February 2008 49 20 21 8 40.81
Queens Park Rangers Flag of England 14 May 2008 24 October 2008 15 8 3 4 53.33
Decided to remake topic title was already used.

I have heard that Dowie is going to be put in as well, as the talk inside carrow road from someone who

works there has also mentioned this.

Get your money on Dowie...

God help us if he is.  People say they dont want Boothroyd, but who would want the man who has had zero success and a string of sackings since his only half decent effort at a well funded Crystal Palace...

[quote user="Jakesacanary"]

bullsh*t  Ricky Martin is taking the helm Saturday I KNOW....................DONT PANIC

[/quote]

THAT`S THE MOST FRIGHTENING THING I`VE HEARD FOR A LONG TIME

[quote user="wolfie"][quote user="Jakesacanary"]

bullsh*t  Ricky Martin is taking the helm Saturday I KNOW....................DONT PANIC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why wolfie - at least use someone who manages a team, and one that at least has got further in a cup than the first team has - unless you think this is the pop singer - its alright he''s the Academy manager.

As for Dowie, we''ve just got rid of one arrogant f*cker who doesn''t give a shit about the fans, suicide to get another one in, even if succesful! 

And hasn''t he been in dispute over pay-offs with his last four clubs which he has a 50-50 hit rate on?  Simth & Jones won''t want to risk that kind of a problem!

Dowie walked out on Palace when he got a better offer from Charlton and lied to the chairman Simon Jordan of Palace by saying that he wanted to leave to get a job up North, nearer home. Jordan took Dowie to court and won 1 million pounds in damges.  Would you trust him to stick with Norwich or to tell the truth ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/6751675.stm

[quote user="shefcanary"][quote user="wolfie"][quote user="Jakesacanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why wolfie - at least use someone who manages a team, and one that at least has got further in a cup than the first team has - unless you think this is the pop singer - its alright he''s the Academy manager.

As for Dowie, we''ve just got rid of one arrogant f*cker who doesn''t give a shit about the fans, suicide to get another one in, even if succesful! 

And hasn''t he been in dispute over pay-offs with his last four clubs which he has a 50-50 hit rate on?  Simth & Jones won''t want to risk that kind of a problem!

I  know who  he is Shef. and have  quite a lot of personal experience of the guy which is why I wouldn`t want him running the team on Saturday. He has the coachinng badges but  not the man management skills to do  the job.  He seems to  be quite  popular on here but I dont know why, his ability as accademy directer should be measured ultimately by the number of accademy boys  who  come through and play  regular football for City, cant think of many during his stewardship can you. The only real success  story was Joe Lewis, and his development  was down to  the keeper  coach not IMO Ricky Martin.                                                                  [/quote]

[quote user="wolfie"]

I  know who  he is Shef. and have  quite a lot of personal experience of the guy which is why I wouldn`t want him running the team on Saturday. He has the coachinng badges but  not the man management skills to do  the job.  He seems to  be quite  popular on here but I dont know why, his ability as accademy directer should be measured ultimately by the number of accademy boys  who  come through and play  regular football for City, cant think of many during his stewardship can you. The only real success  story was Joe Lewis, and his development  was down to  the keeper  coach not IMO Ricky Martin.                                                               

[/quote]

Fair do''s if you do have personal experience Wolfie.  I think most of us would say that the issue about the academy not coming through was at the feet of Roeder.  However you seem to imply the Academy has lost it under Martin pure & simple.  But for a one-off match, given the way the academy did against Stoke in the Cup recently, surely it won''t do no harm?

[quote user="shefcanary"][quote user="wolfie"]

I  know who  he is Shef. and have  quite a lot of personal experience of the guy which is why I wouldn`t want him running the team on Saturday. He has the coachinng badges but  not the man management skills to do  the job.  He seems to  be quite  popular on here but I dont know why, his ability as accademy directer should be measured ultimately by the number of accademy boys  who  come through and play  regular football for City, cant think of many during his stewardship can you. The only real success  story was Joe Lewis, and his development  was down to  the keeper  coach not IMO Ricky Martin.                                                               

[/quote]

Fair do''s if you do have personal experience Wolfie.  I think most of us would say that the issue about the academy not coming through was at the feet of Roeder.  However you seem to imply the Academy has lost it under Martin pure & simple.  But for a one-off match, given the way the academy did against Stoke in the Cup recently, surely it won''t do no harm?

[/quote]

So what? Neither had GR!! It''s a case of ''needs must'' on Saturday and I would take Ricky Martin over a certain B Gunn anyday thank you.

[quote user="shefcanary"][quote user="wolfie"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think this would be a good idea too.  The guy is doing very well with the youth team, knows most of the players in the first team, can obviously organise a team, and just could be the young keen man just ready to step up. Give him a chance I say, and let''s see what happens !!   

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="shefcanary"][quote user="wolfie"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think this would be a good idea too.  The guy is doing very well with the youth team, knows most of the players in the first team, can obviously organise a team, and just could be the young keen man just ready to step up. Give him a chance I say, and let''s see what happens !!   

[/quote]

We havnt got the time to  take a  chance like that. To the best of  my knowledge he has only ever managed boys and youth teams in accadamy football, most of which isnt even that competative, would be completely lacking in suitable experience for a struggling Championship team.

Don’t particularly want Dowie but don’t agree that he hates us – he’s said some quite constructive and good things about us in the past on some of the footy programmes I watch on Sky.

Ricky Martin is a big no – more arrogant than Roeder – sounds impossible but true and couldn’t rally a reserve side to beat the like of Stevenage reserves last season. Yes, he’s having a bit of luck with the youth team at the moment, but as said previously, hasn’t had the sort of success that Webby did.

I hope to god we don''t go for Dowie.He appears very similar to Roeder in ''modus operadi'' and overall success (although limited experience so far means he''s destroyed less clubs).This includes the ''my way or the highway'' approach, the ability to only lift a team for a short time, but completely fail to take them any further and a general disrespect for the club and the fans.With Dowie, we''ll be exactly where we are now this time next year.We need a manager who has a proven track record of working on a limited budget, i.e., one who can make the whole bigger than the constituent parts, and keep them going for more than 6-12 months.  I honestly don''t know who that is as every name we''ve been linked with so far has their drawbacks, but I guess if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"]I hope to god we don''t go for Dowie.

He appears very similar to Roeder in ''modus operadi'' and overall success (although limited experience so far means he''s destroyed less clubs).

This includes the ''my way or the highway'' approach, the ability to only lift a team for a short time, but completely fail to take them any further and a general disrespect for the club and the fans.

With Dowie, we''ll be exactly where we are now this time next year.

We need a manager who has a proven track record of working on a limited budget, i.e., one who can make the whole bigger than the constituent parts, and keep them going for more than 6-12 months.  I honestly don''t know who that is as every name we''ve been linked with so far has their drawbacks, but I guess if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.
[/quote]

Maria Carey perhaps then!

[quote user="fanforlife"]

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"]I hope to god we don''t go for Dowie.He appears very similar to Roeder in ''modus operadi'' and overall success (although limited experience so far means he''s destroyed less clubs).This includes the ''my way or the highway'' approach, the ability to only lift a team for a short time, but completely fail to take them any further and a general disrespect for the club and the fans.With Dowie, we''ll be exactly where we are now this time next year.We need a manager who has a proven track record of working on a limited budget, i.e., one who can make the whole bigger than the constituent parts, and keep them going for more than 6-12 months.  I honestly don''t know who that is as every name we''ve been linked with so far has their drawbacks, but I guess if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.[/quote]

Maria Carey perhaps then!

[/quote]Why not, she couldn''t do  a worse job than our last 2 managers.Personally, I would go for Clyde from ''Every which Way but Loose''.  He had an attitude, but was otherwise a pretty good guy.  I know he was an Orang Utan, but surely that''s close enough....I  mean, most people even thought Roeder was a football manager before he arrived.