Sign in to follow this  
Bernard  Futter

RIOCH, HAMILTON, WORTHINGTON, GRANT & ROEDER...

Even top human resource professionals within the most streamlined of businesses/organizations, accept that hiring key staff is not without its uncertainties.It is and cannot be an exact science, but they aspire to get it right most of the time.It does beg the question just how the current City board has got it totally wrong, so many times, with this spectacular unbroken line of failures*?Statistically,  a random selection process such as pulling names out of a hat would assuredly have yielded better outcomes than this.I am delighted that Roeder has gone, but I am fearful of what the our Board of Bodgers are capable of doing next time!* And I don''t exempt Worthington from being an ''overall'' failure - he lucked one good season and had no idea how. (Please don''t take me up on this as 4/5 still makes my point.)

[quote user="Bernard Futter"]Even top human resource professionals within the most streamlined of businesses/organizations, accept that hiring key staff is not without its uncertainties.It is and cannot be an exact science, but they aspire to get it right most of the time.It does beg the question just how the current City board has got it totally wrong, so many times, with this spectacular unbroken line of failures*?Statistically,  a random selection process such as pulling names out of a hat would assuredly have yielded better outcomes than this.I am delighted that Roeder has gone, but I am fearful of what the our Board of Bodgers are capable of doing next time!* And I don''t exempt Worthington from being an ''overall'' failure - he lucked one good season and had no idea how. (Please don''t take me up on this as 4/5 still makes my point.)[/quote]Totally agree, surely the law of averages says even a Board of Bodgers can''t get it totally wrong a forth time! or can they?

[quote user="Bernard Futter"]Even top human resource professionals within the most streamlined of businesses/organizations, accept that hiring key staff is not without its uncertainties.
It is and cannot be an exact science, but they aspire to get it right most of the time.
It does beg the question just how the current City board has got it totally wrong, so many times, with this spectacular unbroken line of failures*?
Statistically,  a random selection process such as pulling names out of a hat would assuredly have yielded better outcomes than this.
I am delighted that Roeder has gone, but I am fearful of what the our Board of Bodgers are capable of doing next time!
* And I don''t exempt Worthington from being an ''overall'' failure - he lucked one good season and had no idea how. (Please don''t take me up on this as 4/5 still makes my point.)

[/quote]

Rioch was unlucky, Worthington was a sucess but overstayed his welcome and the other three were a total and utter shambles...