Sign in to follow this  
Being Jan Kristiansen...

New Season Starts Soon

Half of me is very excited about the start of the season because I reckon a lot of people have underated the talent in the NCFC squad but the other half is a bit worried.
Time is running out for NW to complete his squad and sign a center back, target man and reserve goalkeeper.

Tell me that it will be ok....

You know the sad thing? (and I''m not criticising because I''m doing it too).

We struggle and strive for 9 years - 10 if you include the diabolical end to our premiership exisitence - to achieve the Holy Grail.

We suffer the insufferable. Chase, Hamilton, De Waard, Bellamy leaving, Eadie leaving and much much more.

We get knocked out of the Worthless Cup against Blackpool, Bournemouth, Brentford (or at least two out of three of those) and survive relegation with a week to spare.

Then we finally make it.

And we can''t do anything apart from worrying about the NEXT season!! The signings, the opposition, the tactics, and much much more.

I know it''s natural, but shouldn''t we just be enjoying this bit?!

I''m just going to enjoy being in the prem. This time last season (and for the last few years) I never would have dreamed it would happen.

Whether we win or lose, just being there will be enough for me as long the players put maximum effort in.

However, I''m sure once we lose a few games the pinkun moaners will start complaining. I wonder how quickly we will forget the horrors of the last 9 years or so?

As you are such an optomistic pessimist or alternatively a pessimistic optimist wichever way you look at it, the best thing for you unless you enjoy being a schizoid is just to be an eternal pessimist. If you are a pessimist you may be pleasantly surprised if we do well but you won''t be unduly disappointed if we do badly.

Whatever happens just enjoy the ride, after all you could be watching Brighton, Wartford, Rotherham et al instead of watching the liks of Man U, Arsenal Chelsea etc.

Cheers for that. I am definatly going to enjoy next season and all in all I am pretty confident about how we will dobecause we have Worthy in charge. The way he has conducted himself in the transfer market, under difficult circumstances, has been really good so far. Im sure he will pull off the signing of a decent CB soon!

On The Ball City!

Well said bananaman, if we enjoy the ride and expect the worst, anything else will be a bonus! And when I look back, imagine how we''d feel if we''d gone up through the playoffs in 02? Our squad is much stronger now than it was then!