Sign in to follow this  
alex_ncfc

Worthy

Whatever are they thinking going back to a manager they sacked a couple of years ago, I''ve also just read Stringers comments in the een about Dave Webb being a dark horse for the job. If these are the kind of people we''re looking at we may as well give up now.

Just as you start to believe they have a clue the board have to go and remind us how ridiculous they can be. Cannot believe that they would do this, have they really got no understanding of the effect they are having on this club.

This is so disappointing!!

We''re all sitting thinking it might be Boothroyd, Mackay, Ince, Curbishley,etc, and the board is plotting to bring back Worthy!!  Been there, done that - not to mention the old addage of never go back.  I really can''t see that move as progress.  I''m not denying we had success, but I''m not the only one who thinks Worthy just ran out of ideas at the end - hell the board thought it too!

Thankfully, its been refused. I can''t believe the lack of ambition, imagination and long-term thinking shown by our board.....oh, wait a minute.....yes I can.

Watchout for the next exciting installment where we approach the Bryan Hamilton/Peter Grant dream ticket!!

[quote user="kdncfc"]

Whatever are they thinking going back to a manager they sacked a couple of years ago, I''ve also just read Stringers comments in the een about Dave Webb being a dark horse for the job. If these are the kind of people we''re looking at we may as well give up now.

[/quote]

Stringer done a great job as a manager but  as a Cowell type figure in X-Factor ''NCFC'' search for a manager he has had a shocker. Webb doesn''t even deserve a comment; laughable. Up a big creek which is widening

[quote user="Mr Magoo"]Just as you start to believe they have a clue the board have to go and remind us how ridiculous they can be. Cannot believe that they would do this, have they really got no understanding of the effect they are having on this club.
[/quote]

They obviously were thinking of doing it if they been given permission to talk to him, I really am worried as to who they will come up with next. They''ll probaly start scouring the Sunday leagues for a manager as long as he''s cheap.

I honestly cannot believe the board have done this after the credible decision they made yesterday - this has blown all that out of the water.

Do you think they read posts from people saying get Worthy back and thought we were actually serious?...

I actually believe theere is a chance that Worthy could do a decent job; it would be like turning back the clock 8 years; a fresh start with a different squad....

...however; in football failure happens; and if Worthington felt the pressure of a 2nd coming and results didnt improve it would go down as the most diastrous and ridiculed appointment ever. It''s a risk in my opinion we simply cannto afford to take.

ooh errr - they''ve hit the panic button with this one.  Why the hell do they he would be able to turn things around a SECOND time.  It just never happens. 

Who on the Board thought he would come back when he gets paid £450K p.a. to swan about at his leisure watching football for 80% of his working time to work for a club who he felt treated him badly and who I expect would not pay anywhere near what he is getting now.

As my daughter would say, Durrh Brains!

The report and what Worthy says don''t seem to add up.He says  "that any offer from Norwich be rejected", which is future tense not "the offer from Norwich should be rejected", as in we made an offer and they turned it down. There has been a lot of speculation about Worthy and it seems the Northern Ireland FA are getting in just in case we make an approach, and the BBC have taken this quote and taken it out of context. I''m still sure Boothroyd will be manager and either Gunny or Wright will take charge on Saturday.The sooner this is all sorted the better, we need to get some more loanees in.

Even commercially it''s a no no.

I for one would not renew my season ticket if he was appointed unless a really top coach came with him with the view of taking over later but that would have to be a big if.

This is a big big backward step.

Even though it appears they will look elsewhere, what does it say about our board?

I have been a board hater from the day Delia''s lot took over but even I did''nt see this one coming.

What a bloody shower

If this turns out to be true and Nigel Worthington, the man we kicked out ecause he ran out of luck and ideas, is sitting there grinning about the "sichooation" I will not be renweing my season ticket, they can get relegated and f*ck off for all I care.

[quote user="Jonny 5"]The report and what Worthy says don''t seem to add up.He says  "that any offer from Norwich be rejected", which is future tense not "the offer from Norwich should be rejected", as in we made an offer and they turned it down. There has been a lot of speculation about Worthy and it seems the Northern Ireland FA are getting in just in case we make an approach, and the BBC have taken this quote and taken it out of context. I''m still sure Boothroyd will be manager and either Gunny or Wright will take charge on Saturday.The sooner this is all sorted the better, we need to get some more loanees in.

[/quote]Aw S##t, just say the official statement, thought it was someone jumping to conclusions.Hmm, this is a very strange decision, and not one I am entirely happy with. I know the board like Worthington, but seriously?? Backwards step surely.Still seems strange that Boothroyd is the one manager we have been seriously linked with not to have said anything to the media.