Sign in to follow this  
Gentleman Jim

If we have to have a temporary manager . . . .

. . . . . . . my vote would be for Dave Stringer.

Just heard an ex-city staff person (in the know perhaps) on Radio Norfolk voicing his opinion that perhaps one of our resident-in-Norfolk ex-managers would step into the breach for a while. Ken Brown was one he mentioned.

Not for me I''m affraid Jim, he had a big say in bringing Roeder in and got that wrong.

[quote user="cityangel"]Not for me I''m affraid Jim, he had a big say in bringing Roeder in and got that wrong.[/quote]

Hold ya horses angel.  All we know is that he was "involved".  We don''t know what his advice was or whether it was listened to.

Stringer was the board''s ready made excuse in case it went t*ts up. 

Dave Stringer was a very good, steady player, a good manager - and is a truly smashing bloke to boot. I''m sure he could do a hand holding exercise while a rookie finds his feet, either on his own or with a group of current staff  (I''d love to know if Neil Adams could cut it!). But to anything more than that I suspect Stringer, Mrs Stringer - and quite a few fans - would say "Thanks but no thanks!".

Just a feeling I have, but i think Stringer and Brown would have a hard time understanding the motivations of the younger players - a lot more money available now for a lot less work.

Brown and Stringer are City legends, but out of touch with the modern game. Can''t see they''d want to come out of retirement for such a hiding to nothing in any case - it''d be like a bad Hollywood film script. Appointing either of them would be a massive gamble (as would going back to Worthington or Rioch in my opinion).

[quote user="Potless Percy "]

[quote user="cityangel"]Not for me I''m affraid Jim, he had a big say in bringing Roeder in and got that wrong.[/quote]

Hold ya horses angel.  All we know is that he was "involved".  We don''t know what his advice was or whether it was listened to.

Stringer was the board''s ready made excuse in case it went t*ts up. 

[/quote]

Typical input from you Percy....telling others to hold on, we don''t know, we don''t know....and then end your post with a statement implying knowledge that you really don''t have. Oh, by the way, I notice your comment on another thread saying even you are struggling to believe the Worthington interest. Don''t be disingenuous Percy. There is no "struggle" in anything you''re posting at the moment. Your joy at what is transpiring shines through. If you are truly a supporter of NCFC then all I have to say is you are the worst kind.