Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

Manager Rumour

- maybe idle speculation - and apologies if itson the board already, but cant see it

but have heard that the boards preference is for Worthy to return until season end only while we find a more permanent solution;  but if the Irish FA wont agree then there is a plan b of Rioch with Craig Fleming.

All options are available immediately which has to be part of the consideration...

Like the option of a short term stop gap;  with plan a far ahead of the stop gap...

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

- maybe idle speculation - and apologies if itson the board already, but cant see it

but have heard that the boards preference is for Worthy to return until season end only while we find a more permanent solution;  but if the Irish FA wont agree then there is a plan b of Rioch with Craig Fleming.

All options are available immediately which has to be part of the consideration...

Like the option of a short term stop gap;  with plan a far ahead of the stop gap...

[/quote]this is a joke right zip???

[quote user="Lewie Roeders revolution"]Why would he be joking? Worthy got us to 8th when he was sacked thats the highest we have been since having him.[/quote]because it would not be credible...but i wouldn''t put anything past this board...

Rioch is contracted to a club, so hardly available immediately or free.Worthington - again not available.This is nonsense.[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

Blimey Zips, I know you are well connected to the club, so don''t dismiss this as idle speculation. I have no doubt the board would welcome Worthington back but sadly it was due in no small part to their actions (or rather the lack of them) which contributed to his failure in the end.

Whoever they appoint, the board really need to take time and have a good, hard look at themselves and their priorities for NCFC. It can''t be just coincidence and bad luck which have led to us having three managers failing in quick succession.

[/quote]

Amazed if Bruce Rioch agreed to help The Cook considering she forced him out so that her pet pal Hamilton could get the job!! As for Worthy coming back, would you after the venom directed at him at that Burnley game (and before)!!

I think it''s 99% nailed on as Boothroyd + whatever sidekicks he can drag along with him (mind you I would welcome the boy Malky back with open arms, at least he would have NCFC blood in his veins).

[/quote]Worthy wasn''t very polite about the board on SSN so I would doubt it.

For what it is worth the current rumour is that you may make an announcement this week, although possibly not in time for Saturday but it certainly won''t be a fortnight long job (apparently) which, of course, infers some "preparation" somewhere along the line.  My guess, and it is just that, is that it is someone currently unemployed because if you want to speak to someone currently in contract you need the permission of his club to speak to him.  The rumour source is pretty good normally.

When the bookmakers lists came out we telephoned all the clubs of the employed managers and all, to date, say they have not received an approach from Norwich City so far.  We also checked with Southend for their manager and they appeared genuinely baffled and said no approach (Colchester fans would like Steve to STAY as Southend Manager[:P])

Peterborough (or the owner) rate Ferguson highly and I would have thought his buyout would be very expensive indeed.

I certainly hope Worthy doesn''t come back, they always say never go back as it''s never the same second time around. It was proved with Walker and it would be a step back rather than forwards. Still it wouldn''t surprise me if the board make another total cock up of this appointment.

Half you plonkers have such short memories. Worthington would be a dreadfull appointment and it simply wouldn''t happen. Only 2 years ago we watched on as Burnley scored 4 past us and he was sacked a year too late. This "wouldn''t mind worthington back" thing really piisses me off more than anything else.

[/quote]

I have just heard this from someone who is friends with someone you have mentioned. Please hope its wrong.

I have a feeling a temp will be here until the end of the season!

[quote user="BlueJam"]Half you plonkers have such short memories. Worthington would be a dreadfull appointment and it simply wouldn''t happen. Only 2 years ago we watched on as Burnley scored 4 past us and he was sacked a year too late. This "wouldn''t mind worthington back" thing really piisses me off more than anything else. [/quote]I was one of the Worthy out lot (in the end) and have watched the boards with glee as people have got on the "maybe we could have him back" bandwagon.Again i wouldn''t want him back he has had his time here and i think the bridge was burned awhile ago....

Half way there so far.

However the better half of the rumour has gone now the irish FA say no;  whatever I think of worthy (and my opinion is pretty much secure on here) he would give us a better chance than bruce & craig.  I know that Craig would take the finger pointing role on the touchline though!!!

Mind you most of the alternatives as so poor too...