Sign in to follow this  
Mr Brownstone

Credit Where Credit's Due...

I''ve been very critical of the board over the past 6 months and although I still hold them entirely responsible for our current position and want a change of ownership (I have accepted that this won''t be happening any time soon), I''d like to congratulate them for acting quickly enough to give us a shot at survival. I, and most people I''ve spoken to, did not expect them to act this quickly. Given the fact the they''ve sent the whole management team packing, I''m pretty confident the new manager will be announced tomorrow or friday. Here''s hoping they find some sort of backing for him before the window closes. Oh, and welcome back Jamie Lad. Nice to have a bit of optimism back around the place. Ferguson In!

They are responsible for all that is bad, like they were responsible for us getting promoted. They still need to find new buyers but they have biten the bullet and done well getting rid of him. Now, they have to a very good job and appoint someone who will do well.

I would commend them, but the cynical side of me thinks that had the season ticket renewels not been just round the corner they wouldn''t have acted so quickly. But that may be a little harsh.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I''ve been very critical of the board over the past 6 months and although I still hold them entirely responsible for our current position and want a change of ownership (I have accepted that this won''t be happening any time soon), I''d like to congratulate them for acting quickly enough to give us a shot at survival. I, and most people I''ve spoken to, did not expect them to act this quickly. Given the fact the they''ve sent the whole management team packing, I''m pretty confident the new manager will be announced tomorrow or friday. Here''s hoping they find some sort of backing for him before the window closes. Oh, and welcome back Jamie Lad. Nice to have a bit of optimism back around the place. Ferguson In![/quote]they employed the T8AT in te 1st place

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I''ve been very critical of the board over the past 6 months and although I still hold them entirely responsible for our current position and want a change of ownership (I have accepted that this won''t be happening any time soon), I''d like to congratulate them for acting quickly enough to give us a shot at survival. I, and most people I''ve spoken to, did not expect them to act this quickly. Given the fact the they''ve sent the whole management team packing, I''m pretty confident the new manager will be announced tomorrow or friday. Here''s hoping they find some sort of backing for him before the window closes. Oh, and welcome back Jamie Lad. Nice to have a bit of optimism back around the place. Ferguson In![/quote]

Agreed, we were very much drinking at the last-chance saloon............at least now we might be able to afford a beer.

Mark .Y.

I realise that. I was just pointing out that a lot of us are critical of them when they make bad decisions, none more than myself, so I was congratulating them for making a good one. Let''s hope they get the next one right too...

[quote user="Mark Smith"]I would commend them, but the cynical side of me thinks that had the season ticket renewels not been just round the corner they wouldn''t have acted so quickly. But that may be a little harsh.[/quote]

Def think that there is an element of truth in that Mark!. Credit for acting quickly on it but as for this next appt I dread to think what they may come up with after previous appointments?!.

Also believe that by doing this takes some of the heat off them and that is one of their main reasons for doing this, so in my heart of hearts believe an ex-canary(in some shape or form) will step into the breach - the popular shout to generate plenty of season tickets sold and win a few fans back on side!

I think a new manager may have an impact early doors but six months down the line we will be back to square one!

You have not fooled moi Delia!

[quote user="crafty canary"]That''s half the job done. now they need to sack themselves for getting us into this sorry state of affairs.[/quote]

How do you sack yourself?

They need to sell the club on... which I believe they are trying to do.

[quote user="Gazza"]

I think a new manager may have an impact early doors but six months down the line we will be back to square one!

You have not fooled moi Delia!

[/quote]

How is Delia [and the rest of the board] trying to fool us? When they say there is no money available, are they lying?

Anyway, most new managers see a ''bounce'' in results. However, that the next/new manager will be sacked everntually is surely beyond question!

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I''ve been very critical of the board over the past 6 months and although I still hold them entirely responsible for our current position and want a change of ownership (I have accepted that this won''t be happening any time soon), I''d like to congratulate them for acting quickly enough to give us a shot at survival. I, and most people I''ve spoken to, did not expect them to act this quickly. Given the fact the they''ve sent the whole management team packing, I''m pretty confident the new manager will be announced tomorrow or friday. Here''s hoping they find some sort of backing for him before the window closes. Oh, and welcome back Jamie Lad. Nice to have a bit of optimism back around the place. Ferguson In![/quote]

I take that back. Fools.

Should never have appointed him in the first place......

Oh and to the person who said that the board are looking for a buyer... YOU ARE WRONG!

They have only said that they are looking for new investment not a buyer/

Ha ha ha ha ha......Yep you really are a sucker aren''t you?

It was panic in order to save their investment that''s all. Nothing more.