Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

BREAKING NEWS!!!

It certainly suggests that the decision to sack Roeder was a kneejerk reaction to 10,000 empty seats . . . they haven''t got a clue what to do next.

I''d be surprised if the NI FA made that statement without speaking to Worthy first.   From what he said in the paper about the board not backing the manager, he certainly wasn''t expecting to be approached and probably doesn''t want to be.  After the way he was treated why would he want to come back?

Seriously?Can this be confirmed by others?[quote user="Potless Percy "]

Just heard on the Scrimmage - Northern Ireland FA have turned down request from Norwich to speak to Nigel Worthington.

[/quote]

I am keeping my fingers crossed that this is all a load of nonesense. If we re-appoint, or even attempt to re-appoint worthington I will give up my season ticket I''ve had for 15 years.

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

Surely they don''t think Worthy is the answer to our situashun, heaven forbid !

[/quote]

Looks like that`s the way they are thinking Jim, clutching at straws it seems..

I can''t believe our bloody board would dare bring the man back [:|]

IRISH FA STATEMENT

15/01/2009

On Thursday evening the Irish FA turned down a request from Norwich City FC to speak to the Northern Ireland Manager (Nigel Worthington) with regards to their vacant managerial position.

Nigel is currently making preparations for the up and coming World Cup Qualifiers and is fully focused and committed to his job as the Northern Ireland International Manager.

Also on BBC and Waghorn''s sitehttp://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7831932.stmhttp://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/full_article.asp?i=4456I suggest Waghorn is watched VERY carefully - he said Roeder days before he was announced last time round, and hinted at Worthy or Rioch yesterday.  He is pals with Delia and knows more inside info than the other scribes.

could it all be a smoke screen to send everyone off the trail off boothroyd if he is to be the new man in charge. Then announce him just before kick off on saturday

Going for Worthy would definately be a step sideways or backwards. He''s lost most of the fans and there''ll be a few players that may have longish memories, too.

No, no & thrice, no.

I am not surprised at all at this news, Delia would do anything to get her precious Nigel back here!! The relationship was cringeworthy towards the end.She probably sacked Roeder desperately after hearing Canary Call asking for Worthy. They are clueless!!

I don''t see Worthy as a long-term solution, and I don''t think the board does either.  He took Leicester for a short spell (didn''t save them) and I imagine the board might want him for 4-6 weeks until they have a better idea if we are going to be relegated this year or not. That''s my guess.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I''m speechless. What are they thinking?[/quote]

They aren''t clever enough to think, they probably put his name in a hat with Rioch and Hamilton and Worthy got pulled out. There''ll be another draw tomorrow to decide whichone they''ll approach next.

One last hope might be that Worthington was seen as a kind of upstairs manager to guide a team manager.  But there again the Board probably are daft enough to think that going back one step would take us forward two, rather than relegation and obscurity it would actually take us down!

Please, please let it not be true.

[quote user="Potless Percy "]

Just heard on the Scrimmage - Northern Ireland FA have turned down request from Norwich to speak to Nigel Worthington.

[/quote]

Oh christ, what have we done, Roeder in Roeder in!! Surely they can''t be serious do they not remember the last twelve months of his first stint in charge?

I just hope this isn''t so.

The last time I was excited about a new manager was Martin O''Neil.

I was really looking forward to saturday stupidly convinced that this useless board had actually seen the light and had sorted a replacement in advance.

How bloody stupid I have been.

Please please let''s have an appointment that encourages us all. Boothroyd/Malky is my choice. A combination of experience and intelligence.

Please God not another period of frustration.

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]I don''t see Worthy as a long-term solution, and I don''t think the board does either.  He took Leicester for a short spell (didn''t save them) and I imagine the board might want him for 4-6 weeks until they have a better idea if we are going to be relegated this year or not. That''s my guess.[/quote]

Yes he did actually but didn''t get the job permanently.  They appointed Martin Allen which was disastrous, Ian Holloway took over but he couldn''t save them.

Phew. For a moment there I almost thought the board might have had a vague idea about what they''re doing (and certainly not, for example, sacking a manager without any sort of plan of what to do next). That was close.

It was mooted that worthington could work part time until the end of the season to steady the ship. I reckon (thank God0 that the Irish think more of him than we City fans do!!

The sad thing is it makes complete sense. as said elsewhere Delia never wanted to get rid of him in the first place, I''m just pretty sure its not what we need right now. we need something positive we can all rally behind Worthy would just be a bit of a damp squib.

[quote user="wackojacko"]could it all be a smoke screen to send everyone off the trail off boothroyd if he is to be the new man in charge. Then announce him just before kick off on saturday[/quote]

Far too subtle mate !

[quote user="Potless Percy "]

[/quote]thank god they turned it down...omg they cant think of bringing him back...NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ok. Now I may get shot for this BUT...

Worthington was canned after we failed to get back up, and entirely different situation to now. Fresh blood was needed as the parachute money was running out and we were another mediocre Colaship team that had had one season in the sun and settled back into the Championship. BUT, the situation now is one that makes Worthington viable no? If we''d all had crystal balls and seen what was coming after he was gone we''d have been delighted to have him. If anyone can come in and build, get us up the table and out of this league then its Worthy. He did it before and we are back to square one again, right before he took over the first time. New time, new players.

Just a thought, I am still undecided as to who I would like in.

-Bigus