Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Lupoli's on his way to the saints?

Would be good if the media could contact the club and confirm whether this is actually possible... [;)]

[quote user="Felixfan"]

Probably why Jamie had to be recalled.

[/quote]

You could be right.

Lupoli is not our player and when push comes to shove we have no say whether he stays or goes. 

[quote user="Grim Roeder"]Lupoli is on a season long loan to City, I don''t think its possible for him to move.[/quote]

Unless they refund some of the loan fee we''ve paid and we agree to cancel his loan contract.

Southampton don''t have any money to buy him if  they had any money why send garanted goal scorer stern jon out on loan when they could just recall him and pay his wages.Would be interesting if some kind of agreement had been made between all party''s with us maybe getting a cut price for David Mcgoldrick. 

[quote user="one 4 the future"]Southampton don''t have any money to buy him if  they had any money why send garanted goal scorer stern jon out on loan when they could just recall him and pay his wages. [/quote]I hope you''re right, I''m at uni in southampton and know a few saints fans who would be unbearable if it happened...as if being the only team they''ve managed to beat at home wasn''t bad enough

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]The stories also say Wign are interested - which proves this is nothing but hot air and sh*t.

[quote user="colneycanary"]

News stories everywhere that Lupoli is on his way to southampton!

http://www.goal.com/en/news/711/fiorentina/2009/01/15/1062088/lupoli-nearing-southampton-switch

[/quote][/quote]Ermmmm..... How does what prove, that this is a load of rubbish tootsie?

lupoli, no matter what he wants to do, is tied to us on a season-long loan, which could only be broken if he and the club both want to, so why would we do that and let him go to our relegation rivals? besides, i would have thought that lupoli is a lot happier now that Glenn has gone.

LOL - ask yourself - why would Wigan want Lupoli?  What can he offer them?    Yep - now you understand why it is rubbish.[quote user="colneycanary"][quote user="renegade tootsie"]The stories also say Wign are interested - which proves this is nothing but hot air and sh*t.[quote user="colneycanary"]

News stories everywhere that Lupoli is on his way to southampton!

http://www.goal.com/en/news/711/fiorentina/2009/01/15/1062088/lupoli-nearing-southampton-switch

[/quote][/quote]Ermmmm..... How does what prove, that this is a load of rubbish tootsie?[/quote]

Now Roeder''s gone, I think the likelihood of Lupoli going has sharply reduced.Roeder was so obsessed with his own ego and scoring points over players that he simply froze the only proven scorer out of our team.Any replacement manager could never (hopefully) be than blind and I would expect Lupoli to be one of the first names on the team sheet from now on.

Web Team, any truth to this please?.....

(from BBC messageboard)

''Just so you know I am a Saints fan and your local news paper has contacted a source of mine to say he is here already, he has Signed for Saints, the deal is a loan with a fee involved at the end of the season whatever we make of him.

Sorry to break it to you but he has signed for Southampton.
Yes we do have limited/no funds, but we are very YOUTH related and he fits the bill.

Again Lupoli has signed and in some ways, it could come to haunt you when we face you in a couple of weeks''

Hope not !

[quote user="plan b"]lupoli, no matter what he wants to do, is tied to us on a season-long loan, which could only be broken if he and the club both want to, so why would we do that and let him go to our relegation rivals? besides, i would have thought that lupoli is a lot happier now that Glenn has gone. [/quote]

If, as City Angel says, we would get some of our loan money back then that sounds like a deal we would (unfortunately) make.

Lupoli and Jamie upfront please this Saturday!

Ah, my old friend David Cuffley.  A man whose whole approach to ''journalism'' involves this daily routine (spelled out for you in diary format):10.00 - Get to work after a nice lie in, a cup of tea and a low-fat scone.  Switch computer on and, while it loads up, nip to the bog to have a read of the day''s tabloid cuttings.10.45 - Return from bog, a few stone lighter - the diet must be working - to find that the computer is still loading.  Nip to the corner shop because the work experience kid forgot to give me the morning''s Daily Sport.  Looking forward to reading their take on the day''s sporting news.11.15 - Back at desk and computer finally loaded.  Immediately log onto the Pinkun.com and read through all the articles I wrote yesterday, marvelling at how great they are whilst nibbling on one of the ten nutri-grain bars I bought at the shop.11.30 - Log onto the Pinkun forums and have a browse of the morning''s ramblings and rantings from the local yokels.  Make a mental note of any threads that catch my attention, particularly ones involving our search for players/manager or who we''re selling this week.  This may take some time...12.30 - Lunch.  Tried to go to the Woolpack but its closed so muscle my way into the Murderers instead.  There''s some riff-raff insurance ponces in there, but I own this pub with my sheer presence so have no problem nicking a seat when some weedy chap nips to the loo.14.30 - Return from lunch and peruse the internet further for more gossip and info about the rumours I''d noted down earlier.15.00 - Another trip to the loo, this time with the day''s Daily Sport.  Figure that with front-to-back coverage of the day''s sporting news I''d better take my time reading it.15.45 - More internet perusing, involving typing certain player''s names into Google and seeing what comes up.  Look for more information on the sportswoman known as Lucy Pinder who the Daily Sport seemed quite keen on.  Check out her vital statistics and make a mental note to recommend her to Doomy next time we''re playing Cribbage.16.15 - Nearly time for home, so knock up a few hundred words based on the day''s internet browsing.  Submit it for sub-editing and dash off home, a smug little smile on my face, wondering how on Earth us chaps at Archant used to cope before they invented Google and internet message boards.22.00 - Go to sleep on a big pile of money and dream of one day working for the Daily Sport....

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Ah, my old friend David Cuffley.  A man whose whole approach to ''journalism'' involves this daily routine (spelled out for you in diary format):

10.00 - Get to work after a nice lie in, a cup of tea and a low-fat scone.  Switch computer on and, while it loads up, nip to the bog to have a read of the day''s tabloid cuttings.

10.45 - Return from bog, a few stone lighter - the diet must be working - to find that the computer is still loading.  Nip to the corner shop because the work experience kid forgot to give me the morning''s Daily Sport.  Looking forward to reading their take on the day''s sporting news.

11.15 - Back at desk and computer finally loaded.  Immediately log onto the Pinkun.com and read through all the articles I wrote yesterday, marvelling at how great they are whilst nibbling on one of the ten nutri-grain bars I bought at the shop.

11.30 - Log onto the Pinkun forums and have a browse of the morning''s ramblings and rantings from the local yokels.  Make a mental note of any threads that catch my attention, particularly ones involving our search for players/manager or who we''re selling this week.  This may take some time...

12.30 - Lunch.  Tried to go to the Woolpack but its closed so muscle my way into the Murderers instead.  There''s some riff-raff insurance ponces in there, but I own this pub with my sheer presence so have no problem nicking a seat when some weedy chap nips to the loo.

14.30 - Return from lunch and peruse the internet further for more gossip and info about the rumours I''d noted down earlier.

15.00 - Another trip to the loo, this time with the day''s Daily Sport.  Figure that with front-to-back coverage of the day''s sporting news I''d better take my time reading it.

15.45 - More internet perusing, involving typing certain player''s names into Google and seeing what comes up.  Look for more information on the sportswoman known as Lucy Pinder who the Daily Sport seemed quite keen on.  Check out her vital statistics and make a mental note to recommend her to Doomy next time we''re playing Cribbage.

16.15 - Nearly time for home, so knock up a few hundred words based on the day''s internet browsing.  Submit it for sub-editing and dash off home, a smug little smile on my face, wondering how on Earth us chaps at Archant used to cope before they invented Google and internet message boards.

22.00 - Go to sleep on a big pile of money and dream of one day working for the Daily Sport....
[/quote]

LMAO! Sounds like my kind of job!

Got a lot of time for Arturo, think he''s a talented player, plays with flair.

And in particular on Tuesday night I thought he put a real shift in. He hung on to the ball a bit too long sometimes but he never stopped trying. He was knackered at the end.

Thought he was harshly criticised for hanging on to the ball too long, it was nice to see the lad have a go.