Sign in to follow this  
SuperWesIrishWizard

The board were "helped out" by a businessman.

SWIW has stated that he spoke to Carl Moore directly, which has now been rubbished by the ''horse'' himself...Hopefully people will stop believing the rubbish this chap writes now...

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]

I have it on good authority, and when I say good authority from the horses mouth, that a certain well known Norfolk based businessman has helped the club out in reaching a settlement with Glen Roeder.

He didnt take the whole amount, but still a bloody big proportion, a figure which the club didnt feel they could meet. It also means that this mightily generous and regular benefactor has given the club at least a little scope for limited transfer activity in this window, even if that is a couple of loans (loans, wink, wink).

It should also be noted that the two backroom staff that went with him had it written in their contracts that their deals could be ended with no notice upon the dismisal or departure of Roeder, so this didnt cost any money, if the club hadnt had let them go now then they would have had to honour longer term contracts - a smart move as any future manager would want his own guys.

So anyway, I think that we owe this local based businessman a big thank you for his continued generosity in a time of need, irrespective of whether or not one of his good friends happens to sign on loan... errr... cough cough, splutter, i mean... completely randomly of course, in case he happens to know any footballing mates.

An absolute diamond of a bloke that should, in many years to come, be remembered as the 21st century Geoffrey Watling.

[/quote]

Oops Wes! Guess your source was no more reliable than the other rubbish on this website when it comes to ....''knowing someone who knows someone, who........''

I would Hope Wes now has the decency to apologise to me, and every other user of this message board, for the filthy language he used... especially now we all know he made it up.

jas :)

To be fair, just because Mr Moore is denying funding Roeder''s dismissal, really doesn''t mean he didn''t.But at the same time, I wouldn''t believe a word Wes says, he comes out with bullsh** after bullsh** and if I was a betting man, I''d say he just makes all his ''rumours'' up for attention.

[quote user="JTG"]To be fair, just because Mr Moore is denying funding Roeder''s dismissal, really doesn''t mean he didn''t.

But at the same time, I wouldn''t believe a word Wes says, he comes out with bullsh** after bullsh** and if I was a betting man, I''d say he just makes all his ''rumours'' up for attention.
[/quote]

If Mr Moore decided to put substantial money into the club it would have to be as a loan to sneak through a tax loophole. If he just gave it as a gift the money would be subject to taxation. However if he loaned the money to the club, it would not be subject to such tax law.

So if he did give the club large amounts (rather than the relatively smaller (but still generous) wages of players) we would know about it as someone loaning money to the club would not bypass most journalists, even archant.

But Wes  phoned up his business and spoke to him on the phone and he said that he paid him off , what a joke .

wes = gimp / idiot

Glad I''m not the only one who thinks SWIS is a muppet... I seem to remember he came onto these boards last summer under another name (no secret change, mind) saying he was connected with the club in some way and spouting off some guff that turned out to be untrue.  I can''t be bothered going through any previous threads to back this up, cos I''m pretty busy and shouldn''t even be on here (argh, stop procrastinating!) but I''d be pretty surprised if he turned up under this username again... look out for any newbies within the next week or so claiming that they''re ''in the know''......

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]DBH, did you know Ricardo Montalban died yesterday? [:''(]KHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNN!!! [/quote]honestly didn''t know,  I apologise for bad taste

[quote user="Darren Butt-Head"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]DBH, did you know Ricardo Montalban died yesterday? [:''(]KHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNN!!! [/quote]honestly didn''t know,  I apologise for bad taste[/quote]Ha ha, don''t think anyone''s offended... the man''s a minor legend..."Revenge is a dish that is best served cold... it is very cold in space..."

Wes.. where are you? WHERE ARE YOU? come on, lets be avin you......

he''s probably punching someone "hard in the face" at being rumbled....

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

he''s probably punching someone "hard in the face" at being rumbled....

[/quote]

Is that what he said? [:D]

[/quote]

Yep, about a couple of fans who sat near him who did not fit his idea of what NCFC fans should look and act like.

[quote user="Delias Well Behaved Devonshire Dirtbox"]

Has SuperGordonIrishWizard been telling porkys again?

Another quality insider informant [;)]

Me thinks you''ve got egg on your face lol

Clown

[/quote]

Carl Moore has officially denied it in tonight''s EEN.  He''s not best pleased either because it''s queered his pitch with the Inland Revenue.

SuperWes you aren''t a clown, that''s being far too kind.  You are a stupid irresponsible f*kwit.

If that''s the last we see of funding from Mr Moore it''s down to you.

Prat.

Mods - GET HIM OFF THIS FORUM!

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]

I have it on good authority, and when I say good authority from the horses mouth, that a certain well known Norfolk based businessman has helped the club out in reaching a settlement with Glen Roeder.

He didnt take the whole amount, but still a bloody big proportion, a figure which the club didnt feel they could meet. It also means that this mightily generous and regular benefactor has given the club at least a little scope for limited transfer activity in this window, even if that is a couple of loans (loans, wink, wink).

It should also be noted that the two backroom staff that went with him had it written in their contracts that their deals could be ended with no notice upon the dismisal or departure of Roeder, so this didnt cost any money, if the club hadnt had let them go now then they would have had to honour longer term contracts - a smart move as any future manager would want his own guys.

So anyway, I think that we owe this local based businessman a big thank you for his continued generosity in a time of need, irrespective of whether or not one of his good friends happens to sign on loan... errr... cough cough, splutter, i mean... completely randomly of course, in case he happens to know any footballing mates.

An absolute diamond of a bloke that should, in many years to come, be remembered as the 21st century Geoffrey Watling.

[/quote]Yay more bullsh*t from you

What a great thought - Inland Revenue staff trawling through this messageboard to catch out club benefactors!????

i think you are all being a bit hard on him, you never know he could be telling the truth but carl moore, for reasons of his own, is denying it, i dont believe it would have anything to do with the inland revenue though as he can give his money away to whoever he likes as long as its all above board.this message board would be very quiet if everyone was afraid of posting about ''something they heard down the pub'' etc, it''s what football forums like this thrive on so just ignore these rumours if you dont believe them rather than calling for them to be banned.        

[quote user="plan b"]i think you are all being a bit hard on him, you never know he could be telling the truth but carl moore, for reasons of his own, is denying it, i dont believe it would have anything to do with the inland revenue though as he can give his money away to whoever he likes as long as its all above board.
this message board would be very quiet if everyone was afraid of posting about ''something they heard down the pub'' etc, it''s what football forums like this thrive on so just ignore these rumours if you dont believe them rather than calling for them to be banned.        
[/quote]

Think about it for a minute.

If he denies it and it''s true, that implicates the club. 

There are harmless rumours and there are irresponsible ones.  It helps if you can tell the difference.

[quote user="Tipster101"]

[quote user="JTG"]To be fair, just because Mr Moore is denying funding Roeder''s dismissal, really doesn''t mean he didn''t.But at the same time, I wouldn''t believe a word Wes says, he comes out with bullsh** after bullsh** and if I was a betting man, I''d say he just makes all his ''rumours'' up for attention.[/quote]

If Mr Moore decided to put substantial money into the club it would have to be as a loan to sneak through a tax loophole. If he just gave it as a gift the money would be subject to taxation. However if he loaned the money to the club, it would not be subject to such tax law.

So if he did give the club large amounts (rather than the relatively smaller (but still generous) wages of players) we would know about it as someone loaning money to the club would not bypass most journalists, even archant.

[/quote]I think Archant could miss it - but probably only them! (and the Daily Mail)

[quote user="plan b"]i think you are all being a bit hard on him, you never know he could be telling the truth but carl moore, for reasons of his own, is denying it, i dont believe it would have anything to do with the inland revenue though as he can give his money away to whoever he likes as long as its all above board.
this message board would be very quiet if everyone was afraid of posting about ''something they heard down the pub'' etc, it''s what football forums like this thrive on so just ignore these rumours if you dont believe them rather than calling for them to be banned.        
[/quote]

If this is the same CM that I think it is, this would not surprise me!