Sign in to follow this  
SuperWesIrishWizard

The board were "helped out" by a businessman.

[quote user="BarmyYarmy"]

Does anyone know how Carl Moore has got so much money, i''ve been told by a businessman in Diss (where I believe Carl is from) that he''s been bankrupt at least once!

[/quote]

But then Branson was bankrupt twice and now has a huge private island, you have to take big risks to make big money, and sometimes those big risks naturally backfire.

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

so when is Small Fry Moore going to put his money in his pocket and buy the club then.. rather than "helping" out and no doubt being gifted a seat on the board in the future as a reward for his efforts...?

Thanks for helping us sack Glen, Mr Moore.. but how about put up or shut up and actaully invest in the football club?

Cullum signalled his intent.. why won''t Moore?

jas :)

[/quote]

Jas you can be an absolute t*sser, the horse in question doesnt have the money to buy the club, so the fact that he has spent a seven figure some over the past few years on the club with nothing back in return, purely out of the fact that he is a supporter, makes the horse a jolly good chap.

Puts the whole Cullum situation into complete perspective, since that bloke is probably worth 15 times more than the horse and has dont jack sh*t for the club but cause trouble.The horse has never spoken in the media or attempted to gain publicity for his actions, we didnt even know that he had paid for unamed legendary player until a year later.

What problem would you have with the horse being given a seat on the board? If the Turners get one for a short term loan, then I would surely give the horse one for selflessly giving the club seven figures of much needed cash. Cash which has seen us play premier league football and will hopefully see us playing championship football next season.

Show how about you ''shut up'', you complete and utter ungrateful c*nt.  Because the horse HAS NO INTENT.

[/quote]Well said.

[quote user="Tipster101"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

so when is Small Fry Moore going to put his money in his pocket and buy the club then.. rather than "helping" out and no doubt being gifted a seat on the board in the future as a reward for his efforts...?

Thanks for helping us sack Glen, Mr Moore.. but how about put up or shut up and actaully invest in the football club?

[/quote]

thats it ive had enough of your posts, can you ignore on the pinkun?

[/quote]

Sorry Carl, i didnt mean to offend.. so are you going to offer £50 for the club then? :p

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Tipster101"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry Carl, i didnt mean to offend.. so are you going to offer £50 for the club then? :p

[/quote]

I assume you can only be on the wind up Jas. If Cullum had shown half the intent that Moore has there wouldn''t be a problem would there. Even if he chipped in proportionally to their respective wealth. What did we get from Cullum beyond a big ego trip for him.

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]

I have it on good authority, and when I say good authority from the horses mouth, that a certain well known Norfolk based businessman has helped the club out in reaching a settlement with Glen Roeder.

He didnt take the whole amount, but still a bloody big proportion, a figure which the club didnt feel they could meet. It also means that this mightily generous and regular benefactor has given the club at least a little scope for limited transfer activity in this window, even if that is a couple of loans (loans, wink, wink).

It should also be noted that the two backroom staff that went with him had it written in their contracts that their deals could be ended with no notice upon the dismisal or departure of Roeder, so this didnt cost any money, if the club hadnt had let them go now then they would have had to honour longer term contracts - a smart move as any future manager would want his own guys.

So anyway, I think that we owe this local based businessman a big thank you for his continued generosity in a time of need, irrespective of whether or not one of his good friends happens to sign on loan... errr... cough cough, splutter, i mean... completely randomly of course, in case he happens to know any footballing mates.

An absolute diamond of a bloke that should, in many years to come, be remembered as the 21st century Geoffrey Watling.

[/quote]a big big thanks mr moore from all the fans at NCFC

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Jas, you''re such a ....

*deep breath* I''m sure Carl would if he could afford it. It takes millions to buy and run a football club, not every rich guy is that rich.

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Jas you can be an absolute t*sser, the horse in question doesnt have the money to buy the club, so the fact that he has spent a seven figure some over the past few years on the club with nothing back in return, purely out of the fact that he is a supporter, makes the horse a jolly good chap.

Puts the whole Cullum situation into complete perspective, since that bloke is probably worth 15 times more than the horse and has dont jack sh*t for the club but cause trouble.The horse has never spoken in the media or attempted to gain publicity for his actions, we didnt even know that he had paid for unamed legendary player until a year later.

What problem would you have with the horse being given a seat on the board? If the Turners get one for a short term loan, then I would surely give the horse one for selflessly giving the club seven figures of much needed cash. Cash which has seen us play premier league football and will hopefully see us playing championship football next season.

Show how about you ''shut up'', you complete and utter ungrateful c*nt.  Because the horse HAS NO INTENT.

[/quote]

ye''s we didn''t know he had paid for Hucks, instad the club spun us all a lie and made us shell out for shares in an attempt to buy Hucks when "uncle Carl" had already done it for us.....

Ive put thousands of pounds into the club too for no return, does that make me a jolly good chap too? or any other supporter for this matter? should we all be given seats on the board? moore just has more money than the average fan but is no different to any of us.. is he?

as for your last line, well you disapoint me, im not offended, just sadenned at your childish language.,. hopefully someone will complain and you will get a ban.. i wont as it aint my style... you can say what you like.... but then you were the fan who wanted to "punch someone hard in the face" just because they looked different to you if i remember rightly..

you really are a pathetic little boy aren''t you?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

ye''s we didn''t know he had paid for Hucks, instad the club spun us all a lie and made us shell out for shares in an attempt to buy Hucks when "uncle Carl" had already done it for us.....

Ive put thousands of pounds into the club too for no return, does that make me a jolly good chap too? or any other supporter for this matter? should we all be given seats on the board? moore just has more money than the average fan but is no different to any of us.. is he?

as for your last line, well you disapoint me, im not offended, just sadenned at your childish language.,. hopefully someone will complain and you will get a ban.. i wont as it aint my style... you can say what you like.... but then you were the fan who wanted to "punch someone hard in the face" just because they looked different to you if i remember rightly..

you really are a pathetic little boy aren''t you?

[/quote]

Oh come off it Jas, I dont want to have an argument with you, your comment was completely out of line and out of context. A simple admission that we should be grateful for his financial support and that what you said was harsh is all that is needed.

Sometimes we say things that we regret, or that sound stupid in hindsight after that little post button is pressed, and I believe that you have done so on this occassion in this thread. An opinion that seems to have been echoed by a few people, so maybe you could be a little less like Roeder and admit a mistake.

Yes I said that I wanted to punch somebody in the face at a football game, about six months ago, no it wasnt because they "looked different to me" its because they used to turn up every game with fifty golden goal tickets and moan when we scored if it wasnt one of their allotted times, and celebrate when the opposition scored if it meant that they won money. In the context of a football match, it is more than reasonable to ''want'' to punch somebody in the face, because ''wanting'' to punch somebody in the face is very different from actually doing it..... the last time I punched somebody in the face I was 17, so paint whatever picture you want of me but it still isnt going to make you look any better.

I would happily argue this out all day, but I would sooner we didnt as I have better things to do with my time.

Sorry to dissapoint you Super Wes but you have been totally misinformed!!!!! Carl has had nothing to do with the financing of Rodents pay off and that was from the real horses mouth.........

[quote user="chop yellow"]Sorry to dissapoint you Super Wes but you have been totally misinformed!!!!! Carl has had nothing to do with the financing of Rodents pay off and that was from the real horses mouth.........[/quote]

Hmm.  So who''s the real horse?  We need a bit more than that.  You don''t have to name names.

Jas - your comments were bizarre and totally against the spirit of Caarl Moore''s interventions..

Thanks for digging us out of the poo Carl -we owe you a beer.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Tipster101"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="chop yellow"]Sorry to dissapoint you Super Wes but you have been totally misinformed!!!!! Carl has had nothing to do with the financing of Rodents pay off and that was from the real horses mouth.........[/quote]

I dont think that I have been misinformed Jas.

[/quote]Has the credit crunch passed you by?.......... Idiot

Carl is not worth the money Cullum is. Not in the same league, not in the same region, infact the financial rift between them is massive. It''s been said Moore is worth around the 10 million to 15 million mark, compared to over the 1.5 billion that Cullum posses.Carl is putting money into the club, and asking for nothing back. He is a true hero, and may shame be brought to those of the City fans that do not show him respect.

Don''t think you are making many pals on this thread Jas old buddy. Still don''t know who you are by the way, even though we apparently went to the same school.

Also just to make it clear Golden Goal tickets are a matter of life and death you know!

Shaun.

[quote user="Potless Percy "]

Hmm.  So who''s the real horse?  We need a bit more than that.  You don''t have to name names.

[/quote]

well roeder was the donkey if that helps....

Is it definitely Carl Moore who has helped out here?

I cannot find a link or anything to confirm this...

Also just out of interest, how did Moore make his fortunes? Local businessman I presume?

[/quote]

Thats harsh Jas and a bit ungrateful, Moore has helped us out several times now.

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Mr Moore?[/quote]

Do I even need to answer? thought my post was as clear as day!

[/quote]

True, but then it was stupid foggy during the day yesterday so visibilty was fairly low...........

If it''s Carl Moore who had helped us rid the club of Roeder, then he deserves a huge vote of thanks from all of us. Maybe I heard different things at the time, but I have to say that it was pretty common knowledge quite a while back that Carl had helped finance Hucks'' move to NCFC. It was made public much later on of course, and then again that he financed Lita.

If he''s involved this time that''s a fantastic example of his very welcome generosity. I have also heard that he doesn''t want a seat on the board in return for all he''s done, but of course that, like many other things, is second hand speculation and never substantiated in the press or by the board.

And if you want to know how I know, I called my cousin ten minutes ago who works as his secretary (or one of several) to ask her if her boss knows anything, and he answered the phone.

[/quote]

Guess someone has lied to you then and your cousin who works for him could be in trouble!!!!

But Mr Moore, who also made a “significant contribution” when Reading striker Leroy Lita joined the Canaries on loan this season, said the internet speculation was “nonsense”.

Mr Moore, who runs Diss-based telecommunications company Moco Ltd, said: “I''ve seen those rumours that I put up that cash and I can tell you that is 100pc utter nonsense. It is nothing to do with me and I''ve already had the taxman breathing down my neck because of those rumours.

“That said, I think Roeder going is one of the best things to happen at the club for a while and I know the fans would love to see Darren back.

“I was at the Charlton match with him and I know his long-term ambition is to get involved with coaching the youngsters, so maybe this could pave the way for him to come back to the club. That would add a good 5,000 to the gates.”