Sign in to follow this  
SuperWesIrishWizard

The board were "helped out" by a businessman.

I have it on good authority, and when I say good authority from the horses mouth, that a certain well known Norfolk based businessman has helped the club out in reaching a settlement with Glen Roeder.

He didnt take the whole amount, but still a bloody big proportion, a figure which the club didnt feel they could meet. It also means that this mightily generous and regular benefactor has given the club at least a little scope for limited transfer activity in this window, even if that is a couple of loans (loans, wink, wink).

It should also be noted that the two backroom staff that went with him had it written in their contracts that their deals could be ended with no notice upon the dismisal or departure of Roeder, so this didnt cost any money, if the club hadnt had let them go now then they would have had to honour longer term contracts - a smart move as any future manager would want his own guys.

So anyway, I think that we owe this local based businessman a big thank you for his continued generosity in a time of need, irrespective of whether or not one of his good friends happens to sign on loan... errr... cough cough, splutter, i mean... completely randomly of course, in case he happens to know any footballing mates.

An absolute diamond of a bloke that should, in many years to come, be remembered as the 21st century Geoffrey Watling.

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]

I have it on good authority, and when I say good authority from the horses mouth, that a certain well known Norfolk based businessman has helped the club out in reaching a settlement with Glen Roeder.

He didnt take the whole amount, but still a bloody big proportion, a figure which the club didnt feel they could meet. It also means that this mightily generous and regular benefactor has given the club at least a little scope for limited transfer activity in this window, even if that is a couple of loans (loans, wink, wink).

It should also be noted that the two backroom staff that went with him had it written in their contracts that their deals could be ended with no notice upon the dismisal or departure of Roeder, so this didnt cost any money, if the club hadnt had let them go now then they would have had to honour longer term contracts - a smart move as any future manager would want his own guys.

So anyway, I think that we owe this local based businessman a big thank you for his continued generosity in a time of need, irrespective of whether or not one of his good friends happens to sign on loan... errr... cough cough, splutter, i mean... completely randomly of course, in case he happens to know any footballing mates.

An absolute diamond of a bloke that should, in many years to come, be remembered as the 21st century Geoffrey Watling.

[/quote]

And if you want to know how I know, I called my cousin ten minutes ago who works as his secretary (or one of several) to ask her if her boss knows anything, and he answered the phone.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]That''s amazing. Next time you''re in the horse''s company, could you say a massive thanks. The horse in question really doesn''t get enough praise[/quote]

I know tell me about it, horses are hard done by, even when they win the grand national its still the midgets that do nothing on the back that get all the praise.

God im in a good mood.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]The horse in question really doesn''t get enough praise[/quote]

Couldn''t agree Moore!

He should have something named after him.

[quote user="Tipster101"]good stuff superwes! who is his footballing friend?[/quote]

Oh come on!

[/quote]

no way would he be able to come back would he, we''d need to buy him!

[quote user="Tipster101"]good stuff superwes! who is his footballing friend?[/quote]Andy Hughes! Who do you f***ing think it is, he''s been paying his wages for years>

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]

[/quote]

And if you want to know how I know, I called my cousin ten minutes ago who works as his secretary (or one of several) to ask her if her boss knows anything, and he answered the phone.

[/quote]

Yeah, way to go to get her the sack.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]He is becomming a bit of a legend if true, how much money does he have?[/quote]

Although I cant be certain, my cousin has suggested that its nowhere enough to buy the club, which makes his genorosity even more amazing in a time where people are all out for money.

[quote user="Tipster101"][quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]

[quote user="Tipster101"]good stuff superwes! who is his footballing friend?[/quote]

Oh come on!

[/quote]

[/quote]

David Beckham - Playing for AC Milan

All I need to say isnt it?

Oh come on!

[/quote]

Its not Kaka is it? Thats why he''s going to reject Man City [:P][:D]

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="Tipster101"][quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]

Oh come on!

[/quote]

[/quote]

David Beckham - Playing for AC Milan

All I need to say isnt it?

[/quote]

good stuff cheers for letting us know

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How is it the way to go to get her the sack? did you read the last five words?

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Did you read my apology?

so when is Small Fry Moore going to put his money in his pocket and buy the club then.. rather than "helping" out and no doubt being gifted a seat on the board in the future as a reward for his efforts...?

Thanks for helping us sack Glen, Mr Moore.. but how about put up or shut up and actaully invest in the football club?

Cullum signalled his intent.. why won''t Moore?

jas :)

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Did you read my apology?

[/quote]

Not until after I had replied unfortunately ;-)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

so when is Small Fry Moore going to put his money in his pocket and buy the club then.. rather than "helping" out and no doubt being gifted a seat on the board in the future as a reward for his efforts...?

Thanks for helping us sack Glen, Mr Moore.. but how about put up or shut up and actaully invest in the football club?

[/quote]

thats it ive had enough of your posts, can you ignore on the pinkun?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Jas you can be an absolute t*sser, the horse in question doesnt have the money to buy the club, so the fact that he has spent a seven figure some over the past few years on the club with nothing back in return, purely out of the fact that he is a supporter, makes the horse a jolly good chap.

Puts the whole Cullum situation into complete perspective, since that bloke is probably worth 15 times more than the horse and has dont jack sh*t for the club but cause trouble.The horse has never spoken in the media or attempted to gain publicity for his actions, we didnt even know that he had paid for unamed legendary player until a year later.

What problem would you have with the horse being given a seat on the board? If the Turners get one for a short term loan, then I would surely give the horse one for selflessly giving the club seven figures of much needed cash. Cash which has seen us play premier league football and will hopefully see us playing championship football next season.

Show how about you ''shut up'', you complete and utter ungrateful c*nt.  Because the horse HAS NO INTENT.