Sign in to follow this  
Iwan is God

My email to Neil Doncaster - Sent last night

I thought I would share with you an email I sent to Neil Doncaster last night, for all the good it will do!

Good evening Neil,

I am emailing you to ask one simple question. How much longer will you put up with a manager who is clearly tactically inept, has visibly lost the dressing room, is rude, arrogant, ignorant & has sucked the passion out of thousands of Norwich supporters?

Nottingham Forest''s board made the decision to sack their manager just a few weeks ago & are rising the table thanks to their new positive direction & their star striker Robert Earnshaw. The new manager gives you a shot in the arm just as it did us when Glenn Roeder was first appointed here & we need that to survive relegation again this season.

You must see he is not the man for the job, after all, his positive influence only lasted 13 games & since then for an entire year we have had consistent bad form. I honestly believe relegation to the third tier of English football for the first time in 50 years is now upon us, a feat not even abysmal managers such as Brian Hamilton or Peter Grant managed to achieve!

I have been going to Carrow Road since 1985 & have been a season ticket holder for 12 years. Tonight is the first time I have missed a home game in that time & I will not renew my season ticket if this manager is allowed to carry on ruining my club. I know I am not alone in my decision & if no changes are made I fully expect crowds the size of tonight''s to be the norm next season. I have never felt this low supporting my club, not even when we were adrift at the bottom of the table last season. How we lost to a team tonight who were win-less in 18 attempts & are certainties for the drop is beyond me.

Please Neil, get a new manager in ASAP to install pride & self belief back into our players & stop our slide down the table. Maybe a new manager will realise letting Darren Huckerby go was Roeder''s biggest mistake in his time here & get him back on board as I have NEVER seen a player with such love for his club as Darren Huckerby has for NCFC. He is also the best player we have had here for many, many years & could still do a very good job.

Please reply, even if you have no good news for me.

Yours sincerely,

A very dejected

Mark Jones (Block E, Row Q, Seat 120)

Good letter Jonesy, some well made points, although not holding my breath. No need for Roeder to be sacked and paid compensation (because let''s be sensible he would be stupid to resign and walk away with nothing), just re-title his job Director of Football and bring in Adie Boothroyd with both reporting to ND. Yours, Old Snoorty

Why write to the man who is a key part of the problem and certainly not the solution. For example , overheard in the directors box before Christmas, " I do hope Doncaster gets the FA job. He is clearly unqualified for the position but at least we would be rid of him".

I replied to his earlier email as well last night.  NO way has he read any mail as they were to busy kicking Roeder out.  Hopefully he wont other reading it so he can devote his time to getting Aidy and Malky''s contracts sorted....

Castle Acre Canary wrote the following post at 14/01/2009 12:55 PM:

Why write to the man who is a key part of the problem and certainly not the solution. For example , overheard in the directors box before Christmas, " I do hope Doncaster gets the FA job. He is clearly unqualified for the position but at least we would be rid of him".

Under the terms of the FA sounds aptly qualified for the job. But who would we get that could answer fans e mails for £180K  a year that would be the hard part.

I sent him one last night too and got a nice reply at 2pm today [:D]

Curses! And there was me thinking it was the email I sent to Neil Doncaster on Tuesday morning, BEFORE the Charlton game, saying Roeder should be sacked no matter what the result of the replay, that had forced the directors to take action!

has it at any stage dawned on you that a major part of the problem IS Doncaster? ie the "prudence" policy. We''ll just carry on sacking Managers every year and hope each new one gives us a temporary lift so we avoid relegation shall we?

The best request you could have sent to him was for HIM to clear off

[quote user="Largey"]Did Neil have a lot to say in your replies?[/quote]

Yes but his replies to me are confidential, as all emails should be.

Also got an email from him today [:)]

See the first line of my email - Rude & arrogant... It was my email!!!

Fans forced ''arrogant'' Roeder out

Norwich chief executive Neil Doncaster has admitted fan power contributed to Glenn Roeder''s departure from the Carrow Road hot-seat.

Roeder: Fans found him rude and arrogant

Roeder: Fans found him rude and arrogant

Not only were the Canaries struggling on the pitch, but Doncaster revealed a number of fans had told him they found Roeder "arrogant and rude".

He said: "One of the key priorities for the manager is that he understands the importance of the relationship between the club and its supporters and shows them the respect that they deserve.

"We received a number of communications from supporters which suggested they found Glenn arrogant and rude and possibly dismissive of their opinions."

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Largey"]Did Neil have a lot to say in your replies?[/quote]

Yes but his replies to me are confidential, as all emails should be.

Also got an email from him today [:)]

[/quote]But legally they''re are not, unless each recipient requests it.