Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Raise funds for the Academy with Pink un Pickers.

[quote user="Smudger"]

How do I get involved with this then Nutster???

My tip... Wycombe to beat Grimsby

[/quote]

You just did Smudger. You are now involved and your selection will be considered by P''boro who is doing the final selections this week. He may use it or he may prefer others. He may even prefer six of his own. The free bet is in P''boro''s hands now and we just do our best to help him. It''s great to have you onboard.[Y]

[quote user="Delias Well Behaved Devonshire Dirtbox"]

How about calling it "Ray''s funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers"

For me this week its gonna be the same place my xmas bonus is going at even money

Norwich City  v  Barnsley  -  Home win

[/quote]

I nearly did just that when I put the thread up Devon. It''s really hard and there''s been so many wonderful suggestions made already on this thread. I think we should have Ray''s name somewhere in the title too. Why didn''t I do it this week? Well, last year I think it was Gentleman Jim who suggested we rename the thread title from just "Free Bet This Weekend" to "Ray''s Funds for the Academy" and as he always did Ray called me and we talked about it (probably for about an hour because we always talked for that long) and Ray emphasised that it wasn''t his free bet but it was all of ours. He finally relented to use "Ray''s" once and then return to "Raise" in the future. So tonight I did what I know my great friend would have done. But for the future we can do whatever you all feel we should do. Whatever the title this will always be Arrdee''s thread.

Wow, who would ever have thought that simply picking a team to win this weekend would be so hard - I feel like I owe it to Ray to, for once, not simply pick the first game that looks like a winner.  I''m actually thinking about form for a change... I may be a while...Thanks though, Nutty... the Free Bet thread is the best tribute to Ray I can imagine! [Y]

First of all I just want to say something similar to what other people have wrote already that this thread should have some permanent reminder of Ray, I think the trophy idea is really good. I must also thank Nutty and Billy at Dixmar racing for continuing the Freebet, this board really would not be the same without it.

I really hope this is a winning week, my nap will be Rangers to beat Falkirk.

Good Luck Pboro

Raith Rovers to beat Stanraer.  @ 2/5 its like buying money.  But not much money.btw: its top v bottom, RR have a 30 point advantage after 20 matches!

I know how difficult it was for you to even make that opening post Nutty so my thanks to you and also to Billy Dixon for his continued support. It''s nice to welcome some more new pickers on here and to see that Arrdee''s free bet thread is still growing. I''d like to offer a simple title for this thread that I believe covers everything......

Rays funds for Foncy-The free bet thread......

For my selection this week , I''m heading back to the Conference. Cambridge pushing for the play-offs  against Woking, in the bottom four.

Cambridge home stats 9 3 2 18 8, Woking away 2 6 6 11 16 so.....

Cambridge Utd v Woking.....Home win.

Good luck Pboro. [Y]

I don''t think there''s many more fitting this week to make the selections than P''boro. A top picker and a winner (well except that strange week last time...)I''d like to thank Nutty and Dixmar for all the work they put into getting this flowing and this is the finest thread in the pink''un forums! And thank you too Leeds, and I agree with sentiments in the naming of the trophy.Down to business, this week I''m again gonna go for Olympiakos. They are away to  Panserraikos, the bottom of the league team. Since promotion they have struggled and have only 2 wins and out of 51 points, have dropped 40. The boys from Piraeus have only dropped 9 points all season and have 8 wins out the last 10 (2 draws). They won last week and in the other fixture they won 4-1 at home. Good luck pickers and good luck P''boro!

Yes a big thankyou from me too Leeds. Arrdee was really excited when he first told me about the trophies and I agreee with everything you planned.

Now I need some help from you PUPs because I know that Arrdee had the rota planned out ''til the end of the season and I can only find the records up to the 31st January. I have :-

Jan 17------P''boro Canary

Jan 24------Canary Ryan

Jan 31------Lucky Green Trainers

So if Ryan and Lucky could confirm these dates and then you PUPs who have been asked for future weeks could let me know it would help me make sure we keep Arrdees rota for the rest of the season.

My selection this week is : -

Rangers   v   Falkirk    Home Win.

Thanks for carrying this on, Nigel.  I hope between us we can all keep it going, raise a shedload of cash thanks to Dixmar, and benefit the team greatly.Chelsea to beat Stoke this week.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Yes a big thankyou from me too Leeds. Arrdee was really excited when he first told me about the trophies and I agreee with everything you planned.

Now I need some help from you PUPs because I know that Arrdee had the rota planned out ''til the end of the season and I can only find the records up to the 31st January. I have :-

Jan 24------Canary Ryan

So if Ryan and Lucky could confirm these dates and then you PUPs who have been asked for future weeks could let me know it would help me make sure we keep Arrdees rota for the rest of the season.

[/quote]

Nutty, I think Ray had me down for April 13th.

RIP Ray

Thank you Nutty for carrying this on - I can only imagine how difficult that must be..

Norwich to beat Barnsley for me this week.

All the best

Nutty. Very weird but I have found who Ray put down for the final 2 weeks of the season.

O K the last two places have gone for this season is Obiwan Canary on April 25th and Beaker may 2nd I hope you can make these date if not let me know....arrdee.

Funny thing is this was in the same thread as the Rota up to January, a bit later on. I''ve searched the whole thread and cannot find between January and April 25th. Seems to have gone missing ...

I found a bit of the rota in the week I was picking :

Dec 13 Graham H

Dec 20 Devon

Dec 27 Sports desk Pete

Jan 3   Mr Bump

Jan 10 Ncfc Shaun

Jan 17 P''boro

Jan 24 C Ryan

Jan 31 Lucky Green Trainers

Feb 7  NewYork

Feb 14 Shack Attack

Feb 21 Mac''s P

Feb 28 Leeds

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Jan 24------Canary Ryan

I wasn''t on the rota Nutty, but if you need any help filling gaps I would be more than willing to help out and give it a go.

Cheers

[/quote]

I think I had the final week in may, but Ray was a mysterious ol'' boy so I dunno... However if there are surplus people then I am more than happy for other people to have a shot.

If there''s a spare week I''d like to have a go Nutty but dont worry if there isnt.

It is with a very heavy heart that I post my nap. I have read with great pride all of the messages and stories for Arrdee and I never even met him - such was the type of man he was, that he had that affect on me and others and most of us had never met him!

The most we can all aspire to in life, is to be as well thought of, and as universally liked as much as Ray was. It''s a tall task, but we can all start from now.

Nutty - you are a true gent sir, and Ray would be so proud you were carrying the mantle so very well. I''ll be thinking of Arrdee at 2:50.

My Nap is Rangers Home win vs Falkirk

Good luck P''boro

Sorry to add to it Nutty but I too would like to have a week in the spotlight if there is one free.

Not a problem if there isn''t, just putting my hat in the ring.....so to speak

Thanks for the tips so far guys - it is both deeply sad and an honour to be making the picks this weekend.  I think it says a lot about Ray that we have got some new contributors drawn to the thread this week and very welcome they are to.

I have been away from a PC for the last 48 hours so have only had a chance to look at the selctions briefly this morning but already some solid naps in there I feel.  I always feel weak about Europe, so if anyone has any tips from over there it would be helpful for a bit of background on why they are good bets please.

Nigel, I will make the selections after 9pm this evening when I get in from work and have had a bit of time to properly study the fixture list.  I am 100% determined we make no slip ups this weekend and I am sure the big man will be watching someone and guiding my hand!

Feels so strange to be posting a selection this week knowing that the great man is not here to keep an eye on things. Must add my thanks to Nutty Nigel, and Billy at Dixmar. Well done guys, it must be unbelievably difficult for you at the moment.

So, onto a nap. Into the Premier this week, can''t see beyond

Chelsea v Stoke - Home Win.

Good luck to all PUPs, and especially Pboro - lets hope for a special one this week.

Hoping the speculation about the Norwich job doesn''t upset things for Mark Robins!Rotherham v Bournemouth - Home winBoth sides have recovered from points deductions, but Rotherham''s home form is far too good for Bournemouth''s away rubbish to deal with - especially after the long journey from the south coast.Good luck P''boro - let''s have a winning week in Ray''s memory. Well done to all the regular pickers, I hope some of the new blood picking this week will stick with the thread as a tribute to Ray.