Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Raise funds for the Academy with Pink un Pickers.

Three from me.Norwich to beat Barnsley as stated several times in this thread.My nap has to be Dunfermline to beat Airdrie up North seems a nailed on Dunfermline win to me and with the better weather around the Country this weekend unlikely to be postponed.The value bet this week for me is Aston Villa to beat Sunderland. Villa being really very good at the moment despite being away from home odds of around 5/4 on this one seem more than generous.good luck.

Its really hard to decide simply because I want so bad for us to win this week! I don''t envy you P''boro, but I reckon you''ll do a bang-up job whatever, Ray would be proud simply that we''re all picking as usual this week!So, sod the form book, I''m going to jump on the NCFC-Revival-Starts-Here bandwagon!Norwich City to beat Barnsley... [:)]

As some of the aforementioned "new blood" I would like to contribute to this thread in memory of its one of its creators.

Even so I will play safe as a virgin PUP believing that the players will be motivated this by this week''s events and expect a NORWICH win against Barnsley. 

Three points and a victorious week on this thread would be fitting at the end of a such a sad week.

Good luck P''boro 

I''m out tonight so good luck P''boro and everyone who has predicted this week.

I have a feeling that this week we''ll win and make Arrdee up there a very happy man.

BANGOR CITY v Neath in the Welsh Premier - HOME WIN.

I know Arrdee will always be looking down (definately not up) at us PUP''s - Hope we can do him proud for the rest of the life of the Free Bet.

Thank you Eddie for taking over the reigns. I know Arrdee always had you in mind for if the worst happened.

And thank you Smudger, for joining the Free Bet this week. It was always Arrdee''s wish to "unite the clans" on the Pink Un, he would always say how much he wanted Smudger/Wiz/Mello etc to join in.

I can just imagine the huge smile on the lovely old boy''s face knowing that Smudger had selected a Nap.

Good luck P''boro!

Leeds canary (Young Gun)

[quote user="The Prisoner"]Three from me.

Norwich to beat Barnsley as stated several times in this thread.

My nap has to be Dunfermline to beat Airdrie up North seems a nailed on Dunfermline win to me and with the better weather around the Country this weekend unlikely to be postponed.

The value bet this week for me is Aston Villa to beat Sunderland. Villa being really very good at the moment despite being away from home odds of around 5/4 on this one seem more than generous.

good luck.
[/quote]

I am sure Nutty has his hands full at the moment so, on his behalf, just a friendly input to The Prisoner. What is asked of the participants on this thread is to make only one selection which is your nap. That way the weeky selector knows clearly what your choice is and, additionally, Nutty keeps tabs on the success rate of all posters and he can only do that when you have been specific with a single selection.

Ok everyone, here we go with this week’s selections (thanks for all the suggestions by the way).  In no particular order:

1. Chelsea to beat Stoke – selected by 7 PUPs (with some reliable names amongst them).  Chelsea may have slightly dodgy home form and will need to watch out at set pieces but surely they have to be too good for Stoke who have not won in 7 matches.

2. Rangers to beat Falkirk – selected by 9 PUPs and was always on my own shortlist.  The big two in Scotland can usually be relied on to deliver the result and I see no need to look further this weekend.

3. Raith to beat Stranraer – It is the old top at home to bottom banker, and Raith simply look way to strong with an unbeaten home record (7 wins/3 draws) to Stranraer’s 1 win, 2 draws and 6 defeats on their travels along with a goal difference of -19.

4. Man Utd to win at Bolton – Utd looked awesome last weekend against Chelsea and I would tip them over anyone at the moment.  Bolton are on a bad run and I can only see this going one way.

5. Olympiakos to win at Panseriakos (or however you spell it) – I generally shy away from Europe but a quick look at the league table shows this to be a good bet.  Olympiakos are top and up against a team rooted to the foot of the table, without a home win all season and with a defence that makes our own look world class.

6. My own selection (and worryingly ignored by everyone else) is for mighty Cowdenbeath to win at Elgin.  Cows have won their last 5 and have also won 6 out of 9 times on their travels this season in the league.  Elgin have been struck down with a flu virus and will be making up their team with trainees (who admittedly could not do much worse than the regulars who have lost 7 successive league games with a -18 goal difference whilst doing so).

I hope I don''t let anyone down with that little lot and look forward to a better return than on my last go.

Ray, these ones are for you. [U]

By the way, if anyone was wondering why I avoided City this weekend despite the heavy backing the reason is superstition and gut reaction. 

I have never backed us to win anything on the basis it will be bound to jinx us and I am not willing to tempt fate this weekend of all times.  Also, to be honest I do not subscribe to the view that the team will necessarily instantly play so much better without the King of Charm at the helm - Gunn''s previous efforts at caretaking do not fill me with confidence! 

What better way to lighten a gloomy week though come Sunday night than by having a winning six and also seeing the start of a City revival.  I think we all know who would be smiling if that were to happen.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="The Prisoner"]Three from me.Norwich to beat Barnsley as stated several times in this thread.My nap has to be Dunfermline to beat Airdrie up North seems a nailed on Dunfermline win to me and with the better weather around the Country this weekend unlikely to be postponed.The value bet this week for me is Aston Villa to beat Sunderland. Villa being really very good at the moment despite being away from home odds of around 5/4 on this one seem more than generous.good luck.[/quote]

I am sure Nutty has his hands full at the moment so, on his behalf, just a friendly input to The Prisoner. What is asked of the participants on this thread is to make only one selection which is your nap. That way the weeky selector knows clearly what your choice is and, additionally, Nutty keeps tabs on the success rate of all posters and he can only do that when you have been specific with a single selection.

[/quote]Ah cheers YC wasn''t 100% sure how this worked even easier than I thought so can offer no excuses for not participating much earlier.

Right in that case it has to be an excellent full strength Aston Villa team to beat a Sunderland side who are capable of losing to anyone on the day and who will be without class ''keeper Gordon and influential Malbranque to boot. Victory for Villa will represent their fifth consecutive away win

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

Ok everyone, here we go with this week’s selections (thanks for all the suggestions by the way).  In no particular order:

1. Chelsea to beat Stoke – selected by 7 PUPs (with some reliable names amongst them).  Chelsea may have slightly dodgy home form and will need to watch out at set pieces but surely they have to be too good for Stoke who have not won in 7 matches.

2. Rangers to beat Falkirk – selected by 9 PUPs and was always on my own shortlist.  The big two in Scotland can usually be relied on to deliver the result and I see no need to look further this weekend.

3. Raith to beat Stranraer – It is the old top at home to bottom banker, and Raith simply look way to strong with an unbeaten home record (7 wins/3 draws) to Stranraer’s 1 win, 2 draws and 6 defeats on their travels along with a goal difference of -19.

4. Man Utd to win at Bolton – Utd looked awesome last weekend against Chelsea and I would tip them over anyone at the moment.  Bolton are on a bad run and I can only see this going one way.

5. Olympiakos to win at Panseriakos (or however you spell it) – I generally shy away from Europe but a quick look at the league table shows this to be a good bet.  Olympiakos are top and up against a team rooted to the foot of the table, without a home win all season and with a defence that makes our own look world class.

6. My own selection (and worryingly ignored by everyone else) is for mighty Cowdenbeath to win at Elgin.  Cows have won their last 5 and have also won 6 out of 9 times on their travels this season in the league.  Elgin have been struck down with a flu virus and will be making up their team with trainees (who admittedly could not do much worse than the regulars who have lost 7 successive league games with a -18 goal difference whilst doing so).

I hope I don''t let anyone down with that little lot and look forward to a better return than on my last go.

[/quote]

Now Pboro, seriously, honestly (without tempting fate), I think you may have cracked it with those old boy.  Great picks and the very best of luck.[:)][Y]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

[/quote]

Now Pboro, seriously, honestly (without tempting fate), I think you may have cracked it with those old boy.  Great picks and the very best of luck.[:)][Y]

[/quote]

Yes P''boro they look "nailed on"[Y] Billy Dixon won''t know what''s hit him when I fire those six into his shop in the morning.

Well done to all of us for getting these selections in this week. I know it''s been incredibly hard but it really is what Ray would have wanted. When Ray was in hospital last Saturday I spoke to Ruth and said be sure to tell him that I had taken care of the free bet. "You''d better" she told me "you know how important it is to him".  I think we all knew that and now it''s got even more importance to us too.

Looking good! Cowdenbeath look a good tip - probably overlooked due to the uncertainty over the recent weather! Best of luck all[Y]

Best O'' luck P''boro. I don''t think there''s a single napper who doesn''t think you''re the man for the job. It looks nailed on!

I''m late again this week with my prediction, but I''m going for Wycombe to beat Grimsby in League Two.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

By the way, if anyone was wondering why I avoided City this weekend despite the heavy backing the reason is superstition and gut reaction. 

I have never backed us to win anything on the basis it will be bound to jinx us and I am not willing to tempt fate this weekend of all times.  Also, to be honest I do not subscribe to the view that the team will necessarily instantly play so much better without the King of Charm at the helm - Gunn''s previous efforts at caretaking do not fill me with confidence! 

What better way to lighten a gloomy week though come Sunday night than by having a winning six and also seeing the start of a City revival.  I think we all know who would be smiling if that were to happen.

[/quote]

Great selections Pboro, the only ever time I tried to back City was in the FA Cup last season against Bury at home - never again will I do that.

Really hope we win this weekend for Ray, and I think your selections give us a really good chance of doing that.

Greetings Pups… The bet is on with Dixmar Racing, so thanks to P’boro and Billy Dixon we have…..

1/4

Chelsea

Inchy, WAY49, Hughesy, Butler, MisterC, HissSid, CNS

1/5

Rangers

Fonejack, Norfolkchance, Yankee, Nutty, Broadslim, Muddy, Beaker, Sparkos

2/5

Raith

Cosmic. 7Rew

1/2

Man Utd

We8

1/2

Olympiakos

Fellas

1/2

Cowdenbeath

P’boro

Which will win for the Academy £60-87p. These really are good odds from Billy Dixon and I know they won’t be matched anywhere. So now it’s “game on”. Good luck all.[Y]

Bloody ''Top Clubs'', Chelsea, Manure and Rangers all failing us so far, grrr!Cowdenbeath and Raith winning, no idea about Olympiakos...

This is causing some inner conflict...On the one hand, we need Chelsea and United to turn it around (Rangers now ahead, still no idea about the Greeks) to win the money for Ray.....On the other, its Chelski and Manchester Bloody United - with Villa winning they''re about to go into 3rd on current results...Argh!!!

Rangers are now winning. Olympiakos have won, Raith are winning, but cow-then-beef are drawing... and the big guns have probably let us down.... [:(]