Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Raise funds for the Academy with Pink un Pickers.

It’s with a heavy heart tearful eyes and a big lump in my throat that I open the Free Bet this week. Ray and I did this together, and as I take on the parts that the great man did I shall forever be a stand in, because nobody can ever take his place. I have been in touch with Dixmar a few times this week. Billy and Angie are devastated by the sad news that it fell to me to pass on. Like all of us they will miss Arrdee so very much. I asked Billy how he felt about carrying on because it was Ray who negotiated the Free Bet with him. Billy said “of course we will carry on, we must carry on, we owe it to Ray to carry on”. Which is how I feel and I know how all you PUPs feel too.

This week it’s the turn of Pboro_Canary who is one of our past winners and member of the Free Bet Hall Of Fame. Good luck P’boro my friend and good luck to all us sad PUPs. Let’s hope we can make this one special [Y]

Yes, the Free Bet will never be the same, though I applaud Nutty and Billy Dixon for carrying the torch for Ray. For my nap this week, I am going to rely on the new manager effect and use the Roederless Canaries to give us a HOME WIN vs. Barnsley on Saturday.  Wish I could be at the game when they mention Ray, and good luck P''boro....

Yes let us hope it can be a very special week amid all the sadness.

I''m going to risk going to League Two.

Wycombe Wanderers v Grimsby Town - Home Win.

I think the current League leaders will have too much for the Codheads who are still struggling to get their game together.

Good luck Pboro_Canary!

Thanks to Nutty and Billy Dixon for honouring the name and the memory of the one and only Arrdee. Every week when I post on this great thread I shall remember Arrdee and the great man he was.Continuing the free bet is the tribute I reckon he would have wanted more than anything. I for one will be doing my bit to honour his name by ensuring I get my nap in.

Chelsea v Stoke.....Home win.Good luck P''boro on this sad and difficult week for all us pup''s

After this week there''s only one fixture it could be...

Bristol Rovers to beat Leyton Orient.

This one''s for you Ray, I know how much you love The Gas.

It sure feels odd without young Arrdee, but I hope we will do him proud every week.  Thanks for keeping this going NN, it is much appreciated [:)]

Chelsea v Stoke.  Stoke to pull off a shock win [:O]

Huddersfield to beat Swindon for me. I''m so glad the free-bet is continuing, and like Inchy has already said, will forever think of Arrdee when posting on it. Good luck pups[Y][&]

Thanks for keeping this up NN, means a lot to everyone. It''s the perfect tribute/memorial.

In view of the week''s events I''m going to have to go for us to beat Barnsley on Saturday.

This one''s for you Arrdee! [Y]

Arrdee would go for Norwich to bounce back and beat Barnsley so thats my pick.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It’s with a heavy heart tearful eyes and a big lump in my throat that I open the Free Bet this week. Ray and I did this together, and as I take on the parts that the great man did I shall forever be a stand in, because nobody can ever take his place. I have been in touch with Dixmar a few times this week. Billy and Angie are devastated by the sad news that it fell to me to pass on. Like all of us they will miss Arrdee so very much. I asked Billy how he felt about carrying on because it was Ray who negotiated the Free Bet with him. Billy said “of course we will carry on, we must carry on, we owe it to Ray to carry on”. Which is how I feel and I know how all you PUPs feel too.

This week it’s the turn of Pboro_Canary who is one of our past winners and member of the Free Bet Hall Of Fame. Good luck P’boro my friend and good luck to all us sad PUPs. Let’s hope we can make this one special [Y]

[/quote]agreed nutty...my bet this week must be good ole naaarwich...how many times to a team win their next game after the manager is sacked??? i know nothing can be taken for granted where city is concerned,,,but i fancy the boys to beat barnsley///norwich to beat barnsley @ odds of 11-10...how much???u know it makes sense - wade in - tally ho!!![:D]

"No the Free Bet is for all you City fans its something I have given you , Its not mine its yours Shaun and all the other City fans . I am as proud as punch that the Free Bet has taken off in the way it has , we have gone from 6 replies and 40 views to what it is now . I know I have no concerns about the Free Bet"

A part of an email from Arrdee. I''m sure he wont mind me posting this. Shows how much the free bet meant to him and how great it is that we are carrying it on. It''ll allways be something Arrdee gave to us, but don''t think you haven''t played your part as well Nigel.

(Talking about Nigel) "He has helped to make the Free Bet the success it has become without him I could not have done it remembering my skills on the computer . "

Well done Nigel for all your help in making the free bet what it is now and carrying it on. Arrdee will be proud its continuing thanks to you.

Anyway. My ''Nap'' is from Spain this week. Avoiding Italy at all costs after last week [:(]. Real Madrid 2nd in the league to beat bottom placed Osasuna.

Just a thought for NN to ponder: might it be a good idea to rename this The Arrdee Free Bet Thread which would, of course, perpetuate his name.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Just a thought for NN to ponder: might it be a good idea to rename this The Arrdee Free Bet Thread which would, of course, perpetuate his name.

[/quote]

I was thinking in the news that somebody (can''t remember who, may hae been leedscanary?) Had brought a trophy. It could be named after him. Similar to the way our player of the year is the ''Barry Butler memorial trophy''.

Yes Shaun this is correct. There will in fact be 3 Trophies in total. The first one will be a large cup which will bear the words along the lines of "The Ray Ducker (Arrdee) Memorial Trophy for the PUP of the year". Around the base will bear the legend "2007-2008 Yankee Canary" along with the 2008-2009 winners name. I''m hoping that Nutty will allow this trophy to take pride of place behind his bar, where all Ray''s family and fellow city fans will see it. The other 2 will be half size replica''s, one for Yankee and one for this years pup. These trophies will be yours to keep and remember Ray by.

If anyone has any alternative suggestions for the wording, let me know. The trophies will all be dispatched at the end of the season in May. (Yankee, you''ll have to PM me your address)

Back later with my pick.

Leeds canary (Young Gun)

I would also like to lend my support to any renaming of the Free Bet thread in Arrdee''s honour.

This week, I''m venturing into the SPL. Rangers have only dropped five points at home all season in the league, whilst Falkirk have only picked up three points away. So....

Rangers vs Falkirk - home win

This one''s for you Arrdee.

I share your feelings Nutty, I too have tears in my eyes writing this.

I have kept my "Gorleston Jim" title ever since I started posting on this Forum refusing to change it for anything else, however  as my own little homage to Ray and as a token of my respect to him I will now change it to "Gentleman Jim". He was the one who christened me a Gentleman and although it is wide of the mark I will accept it in memory of him.

Finally I will throw the form book out of the window this week and pick his and my beloved Norwich City as my nap this week as they must and should win as a tribute to Ray

Norwich City = Home Win my nap

[quote user="leedscanary"]

Yes Shaun this is correct. There will in fact be 3 Trophies in total. The first one will be a large cup which will bear the words along the lines of "The Ray Ducker (Arrdee) Memorial Trophy for the PUP of the year". Around the base will bear the legend "2007-2008 Yankee Canary" along with the 2008-2009 winners name. I''m hoping that Nutty will allow this trophy to take pride of place behind his bar, where all Ray''s family and fellow city fans will see it. The other 2 will be half size replica''s, one for Yankee and one for this years pup. These trophies will be yours to keep and remember Ray by.

If anyone has any alternative suggestions for the wording, let me know. The trophies will all be dispatched at the end of the season in May. (Yankee, you''ll have to PM me your address)

Back later with my pick.

Leeds canary (Young Gun)

[/quote]

Leeds Canary, thank you for the input and the honour as well as your effort. The only suggestion I would like make with respect to the wording on the base is to add "In Memory Of Ray Ducker". That way I will forever be reminded of Ray. I will send you my address. Thank you.  

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="leedscanary"]

Back later with my pick.

Leeds canary (Young Gun)

[/quote]

Leeds Canary, thank you for the input and the honour as well as your effort. The only suggestion I would like make with respect to the wording on the base is to add "In Memory Of Ray Ducker". That way I will forever be reminded of Ray. I will send you my address. Thank you.  

[/quote]

Forget my input Leeds Canary....I obviously did not read your message correctly initially. Thought the large cup would have Ray''s name on but not the smaller replica.

Camuldonum wrote: ''Just a thought for NN to ponder: might it be a good idea to rename this The Arrdee Free Bet Thread which would, of course, perpetuate his name.''

Would also add my support to this idea. It feels very strange doing the Free Bet knowing that Arrdee isn''t here to keep a watchful eye on us all.

This week I''m off to Scotland. A home win for Raith v. Stranraer.

Raith are W7 D3 L0 F21 A9 at home and Stranraer are W1 D2 L6 F12 A23 away.

Good Luck, Pboro!

First off I wanted to say many thanks to NN and Billy Dixon for agreeing to continue with the free bet, whilst it will never be the same without Arrdee he would have wanted it to continue.

My pick this week is for Real Madrid to beat Osasuna.

Good luck P''boro_Canary - heres hoping we can get a win in honor of Arrdee.

dont like selecting them but.....

cant see manchester utd letting slip chance to go top of the league go by

bolton v man utd away win

Nairn County to beat Fort William [:)]As it is such an obscure game, if that is not available then Rangers to beat Falkirk