Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Is Doncaster being televised?

Went to book my ticket but the match has now been moved to a Friday. There is nothing on the Sky Sports website saying it is on there. Doesnt make any sense to play on a Friday if its not on the tele. Whats going on?!?!?

[quote user="lincoln canary"]i hear theres a donkey running in doncaster in yellow and green, but thats been moved to friday too?![/quote]

Is that the same donkeyn that is a constant feature in the heart of our defence? lol

It might mean there will be a stream for it on the internet as it''s the only game that night......We''ll have to wait till nearer the time to find out though

i cant see why they call off the footy for the Horse racing.., or are the race goers not wanting to mix with the "riff raff" i dont see Everton, Liverpool and Tranmere being called off for days out at aintree...

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i cant see why they call off the footy for the Horse racing.., or are the race goers not wanting to mix with the "riff raff" i dont see Everton, Liverpool and Tranmere being called off for days out at aintree...

jas :)

[/quote]

To be fair Jas there''s never any football in Liverpool on Grand National Day.

I remember back in the 1970''s we played at Goodison on a Friday evening as the racing was on the Saturday.

what a cr*p time for a game, I wonder what the turn out will be? A long way to travel on a Friday, I think it would have been good on  a Saturday, new ground for many people I guess.

I''ll be there, my mate is a Donny season ticket holder, the winner gets the beer in for the rest of the night, I might be Ok then!

The timing actually appeals to me, which is why I am going to this one, it just happens to be at the start of my holiday, so have a whole day to spend travelling up to Doncaster and it''s also somewhere I have never been. The football I am sure will leave a lot to be desired but I just want to do an away trip! Is this the first sign of madness?

[quote user="Troy27"]

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/norwichcity/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=SportNorwich&tBrand=edponline&tCategory=SportNorwich&itemid=NOED13%20Jan%202009%2009%3A58%3A56%3A527

I think this is brilliant, they dont have undersoil heating - because of the proposed climate change.

[/quote]Good grief, that''s ridiculous! I''m all for people doing things to combat climate change - see debates elsewhere - but even I can''t see the sense in this.... if the man had any concept of predicted climate change responses, warming by a couple of degrees isn''t really going to change the UK climate during that chairman''s tenure, and could very well lead to it getting colder in Britain... what an excuse for not wanting to spend some money, and we thought Doomcaster could come out with them!

[quote user="Marty"]

what a cr*p time for a game, I wonder what the turn out will be? A long way to travel on a Friday, I think it would have been good on  a Saturday, new ground for many people I guess.

I''ll be there, my mate is a Donny season ticket holder, the winner gets the beer in for the rest of the night, I might be Ok then!

[/quote]

Friday night is a great time for a game and since we appear to have already sold about 1,500 tickets it looks like beinga pretty decent turnout and a good atmosphere!

The reason the match is on Friday is because of Policing as someone thought, although an exception was made the other day when Villa came in the FA Cup and they allowed racing and the football on the Saturday. Probably the first and only time it will happen.