Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

Championship Predictor

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

Without applying any personal view whatsoever I have fed a little program into the predictor based purely on current form, the pts column is present points, the plus column points to be gained and the "new" column is end of season total. Of course very few teams will maintain their present form, some will improve and some will get worse. But at least it gives us a little hope !

Teampts +new
Bristol City504292
Cardiff513586
Birmingham602484
Reading592281
Swansea483078
Doncaster374077
Wolverhampton63669
QPR472168
Preston531467
Sheff Utd511465
Burnley501464
Nottm Forest342963
Sheff Wed422062
Coventry402060
Ipswich441458
Blackpool381957
Derby352257
Plymouth351550
Barnsley321850
Norwich321648
Crystal Palace40747
Southampton281442
Charlton251641
Watford30434

[/quote]

Wolves finishing 8th sounds about right, they usually lose it completely at this point in the season!

How many games did you base current form on? It''s an interesting little parlour game and could give a few pointers towards general trends, if not accurate predictions. Am interested to see Watford picking up so few points. And Palarse go on quite a slide too.

Also maybe there is something sinister going on- if Bristol City do win the League expect one of their representatives to be spotted handing over a large suitcase of cash to a certain referee outside the toilets at Victoria station.

I get 47 points for us but didn''t get the time to predict the other scores to compile a full table. I am now praying that there are three teams worse than us.

I''m guessing that Charlton will be one. Southampton too and I am hoping that Plymouth continue their excellent run of form too.

I have also predicted that Ipswich will also be docked all their points for this season and for the next decade too - just for being the arrogant bunch of ****** they are.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]With today''s announcement, I took a moment of my time, and I would like to think with all honesty used the BBC predictor to see where we will end up this season, trying to predict the results we are most likely to get regardless of manager:

BBC PREDICTOR

I think I was as honest with results as I could be, and don''t think I was too biased really.....

I ended up with this, well the important bits anyway (points in brackets):

1. Birmingham (100)
2. Wolves (99)
3. Reading (98)
4. QPR (80)
5. Burnley (79)
6. Palace (76) on goal difference from Sheff U and Swansea.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Bristol City (59)
13. NORWICH CITY (56)
14. Nottingham Forest (54)
15. Coventry (50)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
21. Watford (43)
---------------------
22. Doncaster (42)
23. Southampton (42)
24. Charlton (32)

Fixtures for the other teams around us are in our favour for the remainder of the season, have a go yourselves and see what you come up with, hopefully you''ll be pleasantly surprised.
[/quote]

LOL. Im sorry Star.

[quote user="venta icenorum"]

Wolves finishing 8th sounds about right, they usually lose it completely at this point in the season!

How many games did you base current form on? It''s an interesting little parlour game and could give a few pointers towards general trends, if not accurate predictions. Am interested to see Watford picking up so few points. And Palarse go on quite a slide too.

Also maybe there is something sinister going on- if Bristol City do win the League expect one of their representatives to be spotted handing over a large suitcase of cash to a certain referee outside the toilets at Victoria station.

[/quote]

I just based it on the last three home and away games of each team, Bristol for instance have had 22pts from a possible 24 and if they carry that form on they will be there abouts at the end of the season. On the basis of this I have had a little flutter on them at 66-1. Wolves have gained only 6pts from 24 possible which hardly bodes well for their hopes of automatic promotion, that is reflected in the fact that their odds are starting to drift.

Obviously the nearer we get to the end of the season the more accurate this form of prediction gets so I will do it again after this weekend to see how the trends are shaping up.

1 Reading      882 Wolves       873 Brum          844 Cardiff        785 QPR           756 Preston       7321  Norwich  4522  Forest     4423  Soton      4323  Charlton  33maybe messed that up a bit charlton will probably get a few more than 33and can''t see Cardiff and Preston in the top 6... but as said above somewhere, theres still hope and still a heck of alot of games to go.

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]With today''s announcement, I took a moment of my time, and I would like to think with all honesty used the BBC predictor to see where we will end up this season, trying to predict the results we are most likely to get regardless of manager:BBC PREDICTORI think I was as honest with results as I could be, and don''t think I was too biased really.....I ended up with this, well the important bits anyway (points in brackets):1. Birmingham (100)2. Wolves (99)3. Reading (98)4. QPR (80)5. Burnley (79)6. Palace (76) on goal difference from Sheff U and Swansea.-----------------------------------------------------------------------12. Bristol City (59)13. NORWICH CITY (56)14. Nottingham Forest (54)15. Coventry (50)-----------------------------------------------------------------------21. Watford (43)---------------------22. Doncaster (42)23. Southampton (42)24. Charlton (32)Fixtures for the other teams around us are in our favour for the remainder of the season, have a go yourselves and see what you come up with, hopefully you''ll be pleasantly surprised.[/quote]

LOL. Im sorry Star.

[/quote]You need to check my new post TCF.