Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

Championship Predictor

With today''s announcement, I took a moment of my time, and I would like to think with all honesty used the BBC predictor to see where we will end up this season, trying to predict the results we are most likely to get regardless of manager:BBC PREDICTORI think I was as honest with results as I could be, and don''t think I was too biased really.....I ended up with this, well the important bits anyway (points in brackets):1. Birmingham (100)2. Wolves (99)3. Reading (98)4. QPR (80)5. Burnley (79)6. Palace (76) on goal difference from Sheff U and Swansea.-----------------------------------------------------------------------12. Bristol City (59)13. NORWICH CITY (56)14. Nottingham Forest (54)15. Coventry (50)-----------------------------------------------------------------------21. Watford (43)---------------------22. Doncaster (42)23. Southampton (42)24. Charlton (32)Fixtures for the other teams around us are in our favour for the remainder of the season, have a go yourselves and see what you come up with, hopefully you''ll be pleasantly surprised.

sorry to say this ncfcstar but i think the chance of us finishing up with 56 points is an absolute definate no no no.i doubt we will reach 40 points.:(reckon the top 3 looks about right tho...

You''re delusional!I think it''s called ''Glenn Roeder'' disease. Go get it checked over, just in case!

[quote user="AJ"]You''re delusional!I think it''s called ''Glenn Roeder'' disease. Go get it checked over, just in case![/quote]Like I said, have a go yourself and see how you think we''ll get on.  Be honest as well.

Hand on heart (and it''s very difficult predicting a scum win...);

1, Norwich - 83pts

2, Wolves - 67pts

3, Reading - 67pts

4, Sheff Wed - 62pts

5, Birmingham - 61pts

6, Sheff Utd - 60pts

So, a close finish but an achievable one in my book.

Well...being totally honest...i did the predictor and i got norwich finishing at 14th on 56 points.couldnt cut and pate it over for some reason but i got reading 1st wolves 2nd and brum 3rd. so i guess that says alot about my predicting skills.

Bump...I''d quite like to see some of the perennial moaners having a go at this, and see where they actually predict us finishing.Anyone up for the challenge, or will you just ignore it again....

[quote user="nu_matik"]sorry to say this ncfcstar but i think the chance of us finishing up with 56 points is an absolute definate no no no.
i doubt we will reach 40 points.
:(
reckon the top 3 looks about right tho...
[/quote]

I''d fancy a few quid on that one, you really can''t see us getting 40 points?

I got 70 points for norwich lol in 6th place  but i cant be arsed to do all the scores so i think 50 points will be needed to avoid relegation

15th for me with 48 points. Charlton, Saints and Donny (on goal difference) to go down. Reading, Wolves up.

Championship Predictor rubbish.

I got Wiz to check his balls and the result was:-

1. Could get relegated

2. Could avoid it

3. Can the virgin help as I can''t find them

4. I''ll decide in May

See much more realistic[:D]

[quote user="The Butler"]

Championship Predictor rubbish.

I got Wiz to check his balls and the result was:-

1. Could get relegated

2. Could avoid it

3. Can the virgin help as I can''t find them

4. I''ll decide in May

See much more realistic[:D]

[/quote]Now that''s what I call a prediction, guess we''ll never lick Wiz''s balls for a score or to see what''s coming up.

I got us 17th with 48 points. Barnsley, Southampton and Charlton to go down and Reading and Wolves going up auto.

The only trouble with this sort of thing is that you always go with form. For example I''m not sure I gave Charlton any points at all because on paper they are always worse than whoever they are playing but obviously that ain''t gonna happen. Thats going to be true of all the teams down the bottom. If we end up with 48 points it''s going to be a lot closer than 17th.

17th place with 50 pts. Charlton, Southampton and Doncaster down, Wolves and Reading up automatically. 

Right now, I''d take that!!!

[quote user="BigFish"]15th for me with 48 points. Charlton, Saints and Donny (on goal difference) to go down. Reading, Wolves up.[/quote]

The 15th placed club will finish on 48 points !?!?  [:$]Either that BBC Predictor thing is faulty or you''re doing something terribly wrong - or both.

Wolves-102-1st

Reading-96-2nd

Birmingham-90-3rd

scum-68-10th

us-55-16th

donnie-42-22nd

southampton-41-23rd

charlton-36-24th

That''s what i got. I tried to be as fair as possible, but i did say we were going to win the derby 3-1.Stick out tongue [:P]

This is the first time i have posted.Indifferent [:|] Hello people of the pink''un forum.

I got this:1. Reading 1022. Wolves 943. Brum 904. Cardiff 855. Preston 806. Sheff Utd 73Scum in 10th with 68pts19. Norwich 4820. Derby 4821. Doncaster 4722. Barnsley 4623. Soton 3924. Charlton 37I''d take that like a shot!!

i got this as our finish and i was as honest as possible

Team                     Goal Diff          Points

1. Birmingham          27                    86

2. Wolves                26                    86

------------------------------------------

3. Reading                39                   85

4. Preston                15                   83

5. QPR                    13                   76

6. Cardiff                 25                   73

7. Burnley                19                   73

8. Ipswich                 7                    72

18. Derby               -18                  49

19. Watford           -18                  48

20. Barnsley           -20                  47

21. Plymouth         -20                   45

22. NORWICH    -22                 44

23. Southampton    -32                40

24. Charlton           -37                37

I think towards the end of te season charlton and southampton will really go for it i can see plymouth getting into the thick of it, but i dont think we will gain anymore than nearly half as many points as we currently have with only a third of the season to go.

Hope im wrong though, tonights score will be 3-2 to wolves i can jus feel it Crying [:''(]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]With today''s announcement, I took a moment of my time, and I would like to think with all honesty used the BBC predictor to see where we will end up this season, trying to predict the results we are most likely to get regardless of manager:BBC PREDICTORI think I was as honest with results as I could be, and don''t think I was too biased really.....I ended up with this, well the important bits anyway (points in brackets):1. Birmingham (100)2. Wolves (99)3. Reading (98)4. QPR (80)5. Burnley (79)6. Palace (76) on goal difference from Sheff U and Swansea.-----------------------------------------------------------------------12. Bristol City (59)13. NORWICH CITY (56)14. Nottingham Forest (54)15. Coventry (50)-----------------------------------------------------------------------21. Watford (43)---------------------22. Doncaster (42)23. Southampton (42)24. Charlton (32)Fixtures for the other teams around us are in our favour for the remainder of the season, have a go yourselves and see what you come up with, hopefully you''ll be pleasantly surprised.[/quote]After recent results, I thought I''d have another go at this, and yet again we stay up, mainly because all of the teams around us have to play each other, and we have to play a few as well....1.  Wolves (98)2.  Reading (95)3.  Birmingham (93)4.  Cardiff (83)5.  Preston (79)6.  Bristol City (78)-----------------------------------------------------------------------16.  Doncaster (49)17.  Norwich City (48) (-11)18.  Forest (48) (-14)19.  Blackpool (48) (-14)20.  Watford (47)21.  Barnsley (45)-----------------------------------------------------------------------22.  Plymouth (42)23.  Charlton (37)24.  Southampton (37)And I think we''d all take this wouldn''t we.

I got Norwich finishing 21st. 2 ponits ahead of Charlton in 22nd. However we play Charlton on last day of season and i predicted a 1-1 draw, but if Charlton just get 1 goal more than us then we finish 22nd and will become a League1 side.

Come on boys. Prove the predictor wrong

Without applying any personal view whatsoever I have fed a little program into the predictor based purely on current form, the pts column is present points, the plus column points to be gained and the "new" column is end of season total. Of course very few teams will maintain their present form, some will improve and some will get worse. But at least it gives us a little hope !

Teampts +new
Bristol City504292
Cardiff513586
Birmingham602484
Reading592281
Swansea483078
Doncaster374077
Wolverhampton63669
QPR472168
Preston531467
Sheff Utd511465
Burnley501464