Sign in to follow this  
The Fish Seller

Kitty Concern!!!

I''m bringing this over from another thread because not only would it be tangentially off topic and a diversion from that debate but I feel it is too important an issue to ignore.

I''m not the first person to express doubt over this venture but until today I have been either silent or mildly supportive of this project and certainly have not publicly aired any of my reservations. I have run charity and fundraising events in the past and know first hand not only how sceptical the very people you are trying to involve and help can be initially but also just how amateurish ones own attempts can be or sometimes simply appear when you begin So with the benefit of personal experience I would never criticise anyone elses efforts until sufficient time had passed that I could judge them fairly (and for what it''s worth in my opinion this is not the case with me and the kitty organisation as I feel this is such a challenging operation they have many lessons to learn yet).

However on todays NCISA thread I noticed the poster known as Mister Positive laying into the NCISA again and even this per se I do not have any problems with indeed I can remember the attitude of NCISA when the kitty idea was first broached, most succintly summarised as ''PC Tilson and the case of the stolen thunder'' by one poster whose name passes me by. I was hoping the two organisations had in the intervening months at least come to some kind of mutual acceptance agreement. Obviously from what is written in the NCISA thread and a few other similar ones this is not the case but neither is it particularly relevant to this post.
 What is relevant are the number of concerns raised about the kitty in my mind by ''Mister Positives'' recent conduct on this messageboard.
I refer to his usage of multiple usernames to support his own project and from behind which to discredit others work. It has been brought to light several times that mister positive, wes is a canary and be smart are just three out an unknown number of log in identities this poster uses.
 It has also been brought to light in the past that Mister positive has the name Iain Walpole yet he also signs himself as Darren.
In the past ''Darren'' has been attributed to a work colleague of Iain who used his pc whilst unnattended yet still signed in.
Today Iain tells us very clearly that this Darren is his son.
In April Iain told us that his son was 3 years old.
Last week Iain reproduced an email to Neil Doncaster on this mb which was signed ''Darren''.
The email was well written for a 3 year old as have been the multiple posts on this board.
When confronted in the past Iain has told us to go to the kitty website and read the constitution and see who the committee members are.
I have tried this with no luck.
The ''Constitution'' is actually a pretty standard template (unsigned) articles of memorandum and bears no mention of any directors, secretary or shareholders.
These details are not available anywhere else on the kitty website.
All I know at the moment is that there''s an Iain Walpole involved, a ''Darren'' involved and the website is registered to a ''Steve Jacobs'', of these all I know is that the one purporting to be Iain Walpole is prepared to use underhand tactics to discredit others and credit himself and seems to have difficulty being honest at times especially where this ''Darren'' is involved.
I did point this out on the NCISA thread but like the proverbial scalded cat Mister Positive dropped out of ''site'' [pun intended] instantly.

I think for the credibility of the Kitty project we are owed a more substantial explanation of these discrepancies than we''ve been offered in the past so I ask that Iain, Darren, Steve or anyone with a connection to the Kitty project address these concerns in the interests of transparency as it''s obviously not only myself that is unsure and this doubt and mistrust must be costing the kitty in donations.

[quote user="Mister Positive"]I do not have anything to do with the Kitty and have not since before its launch, and you Prisoner need to get a life[/quote]Thank you for replying. I think taken in context with the following post your brief retort says far more than you might have done had you addressed all the points individually.I shall not be supporting the Norwich City Kitty either by donating or advertising.[quote user="Mister Positive"]

I have taken much more of a backseat now the kitty has launched, which was my aim.

Being based in Cambridge has made it very difficult at times to get

things done and to arrange meetings, so the mantle has been passed on

to others.

I am still on the commitee, but as vice chair.

Best regards and thanks for your support Jas I do appreciate it

Iain

[/quote]Link

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Oh dear me [:$]

I am sure there is perfectly sensible explanation

[/quote]I''m trying to find it WAY49 but I think you can see the difficulty involved. Hopefully Steve who I think is ''CannyCanary'' or  ''Darren'' can elaborate because what started as a genuine look into sending them a donation has deteriorated in the space of a few days into a deep mistrust on my behalf.

Hi Prisoner, I can confirm that I haven''t spoken to Iain (Mr positive) in months. Neither has Iain had any involvement.

Things move on and those involved will naturally change over time!!

We are thankful for all the efforts made by people who have helped the Kitty evolve.

Just to clear up any confusion, I will add the full details of committee members on the constitution page as soon as possible to clarify those involved.

Blimey a Kitty thread with no contributions from Mr Tilson,  [:D]

[quote user="cityangel"]Blimey a Kitty thread with no contributions from Mr Tilson,  [:D][/quote]

Tilly has been to Fuerteventura for ten days CA but i am back now.I have followed events via the internet,text and mobile phone.

Now what would you want me to say because far be it from me to say"told you so"  but the antics of Mr Walpole over the last few days have merely highlighted what i tried to tell you a year back.

In a staff appraisal whilst a serving Police Officer i was described as being someone who does not suffer fools gladly.As far as Mr Walpole goes i will leave you to decide whether i was right or wrong in my judgement of the man.

Thanks for the reply Canny sorry I missed it before.I hope you understand that I''m not being deliberately awkward here I don''t have any issues about the Kitty itself or any of the people involved which would actually be extremely difficult as I don''t know any of you from Adam. What I do have an issue with is the ambiguity surrounding the level of involvement by certain people. If you''re involved fine if you''re not then that to me is also fine it''s this ''yes I am'' then ''no I''m not'' which has caused me to look more closely at the project.  The Darren/Iain issue has manifested on so many threads here now that I felt if the poster were involved with the kitty the matter should be brought into the open as there''s clearly more than a little confusion there. His response was I''m afraid a red rag to a bull posted as it was so shortly after I had read his earlier post whilst checking my facts prior to posting this thread.  So we have a poster whose last statement on the matter was categoric in stating that he was Vice Chair of the Kitty Committee then subsequently posting to the effect that he has had no involvement since before the kitty was started.Clearly confusing and something I can see you understand needs clarified.Integrity is the key in a project like this and once lost or compromised that integrity is all but impossible to regain. You will attract negativity from people with their own agendas (and I categorically do not imply NCISA here) and you will attract negativity from the majority of people who will initially be suspicious of your enterprise. That''s just human nature and goes with the territory unfortunately but can be overcome by application and diligence on the part of the kitty committee.  Why not register an ''official'' Kitty username account here so if there are any announcements or official views to be aired then every poster knows they are coming from the correct source and use your own names for personal posting, mixing the two can be very counterproductive and time consuming as TIL1010 and Kathy have found from time to time as personal views can quite incorrectly be taken as representative of the organisation.

Sorry  for reviving this thread.

In May 2008 we first heard about the Kitty venture and then in Dec 2008 we heard that through the goodwill of some fans ( me included as I used their website''s google bar to help them ) that they had raised £900 for their project, think we heard last year that a few hundred had been raised since.

In June 2009 the Kitty organisers  promised a fans meeting to explain the project and its plans, but that never happened.

The Kitty website hasn''t now been updated since the Charlton game in Sept 2009 and the fans forum on there has never been used.

I really would like to know 2 things

1) What happened to the money that was raised and how was it used ?

2) Is the Kitty project dead now if so why not update the website and tell us that.

I''ve been involved in fund raising and I know what hard work it can be, so there''s no shame whatsoever in admitting  it didn''t work out and that they have given up if thats whats happened, they still deserve credit for trying to help the club.

But I do think we deserve an update.

[quote user="cityangel"]

In May 2008 we first heard about the Kitty venture and then in Dec 2008 we heard that through the goodwill of some fans ( me included as I used their website''s google bar to help them ) that they had raised £900 for their project, think we heard last year that a few hundred had been raised since.

In June 2009 the Kitty organisers  promised a fans meeting to explain the project and its plans, but that never happened.

The Kitty website hasn''t now been updated since the Charlton game in Sept 2009 and the fans forum on there has never been used.

2) Is the Kitty project dead now if so why not update the website and tell us that.

I''ve been involved in fund raising and I know what hard work it can be, so there''s no shame whatsoever in admitting  it didn''t work out and that they have given up if thats whats happened, they still deserve credit for trying to help the club.

[/quote]

I concur, well said CA[Y]

Looking forward to the answers to those questions.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I can see the point of this being raised, if peoples money was taken but who are you asking these questions of?Do the people even use these forums any more?

No accounts have been filed with Companies House, the next accounts are due on 03/06/2010 and the annual return is overdue, it was due on 01/10/2009 -

Company Details

Print Page. Open help text in a new window. The WebCHeck service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Name & Registered Office:
NORWICH CITY KITTY
289 AYLSHAM ROAD
NORWICH
NORFOLK
NR3 2RY
Company No. 06687962

Date of Incorporation: 03/09/2008

Country of Origin: United Kingdom
Company Type: PRI/LBG/NSC (Private, Limited by guarantee, no share capital, use of ''Limited'' exemption)
Nature of Business (SIC(03)):
None Supplied
Accounting Reference Date: 30/09
Last Accounts Made Up To:  (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)
Next Accounts Due: 03/06/2010
Last Return Made Up To:
Next Return Due: 01/10/2009 OVERDUE

Previous Names:
No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years.

UK Establishment Details
There are no UK Establishments associated with this company.

Oversea Company Info
There are no Oversea Details associated with this company.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I can see the point of this being raised, if peoples money was taken but who are you asking these questions of?

Do the people even use these forums any more?
[/quote]

Some people''s money will have been taken.  You can donate directly on the website, set up a monthly payment ranging from £5 to £100.  Irrelevant of whether people''s money was taken or not, some money has been raised and it was raised for a specific purpose.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I can see the point of this being raised, if peoples money was taken but who are you asking these questions of?Do the people even use these forums any more?[/quote]

Some people''s money will have been taken.  You can donate directly on the website, set up a monthly payment ranging from £5 to £100.  Irrelevant of whether people''s money was taken or not, some money has been raised and it was raised for a specific purpose.

[/quote]Yeah I agree it appears to be well out of order if there has been dodgy dealings.But who are these questions being asked of, do the people who had anything to do with this still post here?It may even be a matter for the police to be honest.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I can see the point of this being raised, if peoples money was taken but who are you asking these questions of?

Do the people even use these forums any more?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah I agree it appears to be well out of order if there has been dodgy dealings.

But who are these questions being asked of, do the people who had anything to do with this still post here?

It may even be a matter for the police to be honest.
[/quote]

I am not implying that anything underhand may have been happening, I was answering your question as to why there was concern and why questions should be answered.

The questions are being asked of the Company Directors.  For a payment of £1 per document/report to Companies House you can order information on the company -

Order Information on ''NORWICH CITY KITTY''

Open help text in a new window. Use the tick boxes to select documents or reports from the lists below. Select the ''Add to Order'' button to add to your shopping basket (up to £50 maximum order limit).

Prices of documents or reports: £1.00 each.

Click here for information on minimum software requirements

Documents selected will be delivered to your personal download area. Please read the ORDERING GUIDE for detailed instructions. 

For company filing history please scroll down the page. 

Company Reports Order  
Current Appointments Report Click here to open a new window containing help on Product Information.  
No report required    

Document indicates that this document contains the latest Statement of Capital

Company Filing History Include Allotment of Shares

Book
Type Date Description Order  

Document
TM01 19/11/2009 APPOINTMENT TERMINATED, DIRECTOR JANE KNOTT

Document
NEWINC 03/09/2008 INCORPORATION DOCUMENTS
CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION
STATEMENT OF DIRECTORS & REGISTERED OFFICE
DECLARATION OF COMPLIANCE
MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION
ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION

[quote user="morty"]

Yeah I agree it appears to be well out of order if there has been dodgy dealings.

But who are these questions being asked of, do the people who had anything to do with this still post here?

It may even be a matter for the police to be honest.
[/quote]

Can I make it clear that I wasn''t suggesting there was any dodgy dealings. I have met Cannycanary ( his pinkun user name) who is involved in the project/website at the of the pinkun get togethers and he seemed very enthusiatic about the Kitty and an ok kind of guy.

I just feel its time for an update as to whats happening and as to what the money raised was used for.

I must confess that from the title thread I thought that somebodys pussy had done up a tree or a drain never to be seen again.... so panic over my end, as a member of PETA my heart skipped a beat.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]Yeah I agree it appears to be well out of order if there has been dodgy dealings.But who are these questions being asked of, do the people who had anything to do with this still post here?It may even be a matter for the police to be honest.[/quote]

Can I make it clear that I wasn''t suggesting there was any dodgy dealings. I have met Cannycanary ( his pinkun user name) who is involved in the project/website at the of the pinkun get togethers and he seemed very enthusiatic about the Kitty and an ok kind of guy.

I just feel its time for an update as to whats happening and as to what the money raised was used for.

[/quote]Ah right, that makes things clear.It seemed to be heading to some sort of mystery that me, Daphne, Wilma, Shaggy and Scooby needed to get involved in.[:)]

[quote user="Twitchy"]I must confess that from the title thread I thought that somebodys pussy had done up a tree or a drain never to be seen again.... so panic over my end, as a member of PETA my heart skipped a beat.[/quote]

As an RSPCA member I am equally relieved Twitchy and would hate to see a pussy in a drain.

[quote user="morty"]So do the company directors post on this message board?
[/quote]

Not sure who the directors are Morty, the only two who I know are involved with the kitty project and post on here are Cannycanary and Conker. I know that about £1200 was raised by Dec 2008 but someone has now pointed me in the direction of this post from Conker which states that another £1500 was raised for the Kitty through this fantasy league.

I really do feel we should have some kind of update from someone connected to the project who reads this site.

10/08/2009, 4:43 PM

conker is not online. Last active: 07/08/2009 18:38:12 conker

Not Ranked
Joined on 27/08/2008
Posts 66

Re: New Fantasy Football league - free to enter - £10 donated to Cancer Research UK on your behalf

Reply Quote

Hi all,

With only 5 days to go until the Premier League seasons starts I wanted to give you an update on our current progress and also ask for your help for one final push to get the figures up.

As of close of play yesterday we have an impressive 203 sign ups, which is £2030 to Cancer Research UK and over £1500 to the Norwich City Kitty.

You can still sign up, if you have friends who might be interested please pass them the correct link from my original post and give them a nudge :)

Thanks again.

Lol, can''t quote that.Yeah I agree, but my point was that do these people even post or read here anymore, it seems like a long time since anyone has heard from them.

[quote user="morty"]

Yeah I agree, but my point was that do these people even post or read here anymore, it seems like a long time since anyone has heard from them.
[/quote]

There is no way of knowing if they read on here or not as you can do that without logging in but bet being Norwich fans and having a valid user name on here that they do or alternately someone must know them.