Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

I love the way.....

.... That Worthy does his transfer dealings!! It always seems very cloak and dagger! A possible signing within "48 hours". "WHO??" was what I found myself shouting at my EDP!! This is the way that football transfers should always be done- Nobody knowing until the morning the club calls a press conference, massive suspence for everyone involved and then great relief when Worthy pulls off another coup!! None of this announcing our interest weeks in advance! Where''s the fun in that!

Top manager!

nice DD,
Worthy seems to like doing that! Maybe to get the crowed behind him!

I think Worthy is very astute and knows when to involve the media - perhaps to put pressure on an Agent or selling club - and when to keep schtum, just telling us that he''s on the case but not revealing any more. Sometimes there are other parties involved who have other agendas and that throws a spanner in the works, or a player simply chooses or refuses us, but he''s done well so far.

At least we''ve got something to look forward to, unlike the binners who are struggling to put 16 senior players together to make a squad for the opening game of the season ;-)

I agree with you Am, Worthy is more astute than people give him credit for.

He''ll use the media when it suits him - and that includes using the media against the Board - recollect the Hucks case last year and his contract extension. Or he''ll be very private/secretive.