Sign in to follow this  
rich2408

phone in

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Why are they fueling the Cullum fire?[/quote]

Cos your brain goes to mush when you get on at long bloody last! I wanted to make the point about the "looookul meeja" never asking proper searching questions of:

1) Our manager and what he thinks his mightier than thou attitude does to his standing amongst our fans - ie tenure of England Manager, not starting Lupoli - and how much it pi**es us all off considering we pay his wages
2) Delia, Winnie and Doomcaster about the sh*t awful situation we find ourselves in and just what they have against Cullum
and 3) Peter Cullum - put up some hard and fast offer with clear details or f**k off and stop toying with us

I firmly believe our "looookul meeja" do jack sh*t when it comes to asking searching questions… they merely give them all carte blanche to say their piece in what is basically a press release!

And that is where all this bloody in-fighting comes from amongst us cos we are all kept in the bloody dark and I am seriously f**ked off with it all!

Sorry I didn''t ask a question about why Russell started up front but I presumed it would have been covered by Barry from Walsham or whwerever he comes from!
[/quote]

And the lack of an edit button on here pi**es me off too… I meant to say your brain turns to mush when you get on -  so the excellent, well thought out question in your head seems to come out as "Hullooo Neeeel, I rekun we wotta git Max Briggs in as manja dut we?"
[/quote]

I thought it was the best call of the day.  Good job Andy.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Andy, i wasn''t refering to you with my comment. It was aimed at Neil and Matt. Unfortunately the Cullum deal is dead, for now anyway. I''m sure they are well aware of that. Congratulations in your criticism of the local media. You are 100% spot on and it needed to be said. Lets hope someone grows a pair and starts asking the right questions to the right people. And i wholeheartedly agree with your comments regarding the infighting being caused by a lack of information.[/quote]Well I''m sorry I took it like that Mr B… I tried hard to keep my thick accent down and my BBC English up in the vain hope they might actually listen for once. Can''t even remember if Neil agreed or not cos I got talked over

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Glen"]The anoying thing today is Lupoli has probably saved Roaders job![/quote]

for the time being anyway.... Sheffield utd away next season.. a good side.. we will be lucky if we even get the ball outside our own penalty area!

jas :)

[/quote]We have a pretty good record against Sheffield Utd.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Why are they fueling the Cullum fire?[/quote]

I dont think the guy was fueling it..it was part of a very good call. He basically said that the local media should ask searching questions of Delia, Michael and Cullum which was spot on. To be fair Radio N said they had requested interviews with Cullum five times and all were declined.

All of the main parties in this should be called to account as, as the caller rightly said, the club is in free fall and no-one is giving any proper responses

Some of us remember the Chase interview on BBC when he spent the first 15 minutes saying how pleased he was to be able to put the record straight...and then didn''t. History has a nasty habit of repeating itself.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]his voice was awful! I loved it when he said "lapooooooli!"[/quote]

I thought it was a frig*ng cyberman for a minute there.

[img]http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc116/xbowie/Manpeeeee.gif[/img][img]http://www.arenarooms.com/images/venues/1202338129_logo_itfc.gif[/img]

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Why are they fueling the Cullum fire?[/quote]

Cos your brain goes to mush when you get on at long bloody last! I wanted to make the point about the "looookul meeja" never asking proper searching questions of:

1) Our manager and what he thinks his mightier than thou attitude does to his standing amongst our fans - ie tenure of England Manager, not starting Lupoli - and how much it pi**es us all off considering we pay his wages
2) Delia, Winnie and Doomcaster about the sh*t awful situation we find ourselves in and just what they have against Cullum
and 3) Peter Cullum - put up some hard and fast offer with clear details or f**k off and stop toying with us

I firmly believe our "looookul meeja" do jack sh*t when it comes to asking searching questions… they merely give them all carte blanche to say their piece in what is basically a press release!

And that is where all this bloody in-fighting comes from amongst us cos we are all kept in the bloody dark and I am seriously f**ked off with it all!

Sorry I didn''t ask a question about why Russell started up front but I presumed it would have been covered by Barry from Walsham or whwerever he comes from!
[/quote]

Andy TBH I thought that was the best call I have ever possibly heard on Canary Call and congratulations on the way you handled the call.

Lets hope some note is actually taken of this and the "looookul meeja" look at getting some proper answers once and for all.......

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Why are they fueling the Cullum fire?[/quote]

[/quote]

And the lack of an edit button on here pi**es me off too… I meant to say your brain turns to mush when you get on -  so the excellent, well thought out question in your head seems to come out as "Hullooo Neeeel, I rekun we wotta git Max Briggs in as manja dut we?"
[/quote]

Sorry Andy and Mr B, it seems that there is a time lag down here in Suffolk and once I had typed my response you guys had taken the debate further. Agree entirely with you comments. Great call Andy.

[quote user="rich2408"]some plonker on the phone in after the match has just said GR is a proven manager.HA BLOODY HA or does he mean hes proven to fail?[/quote]

Yes I heard that and was just bewildered about how wrong some supporters are - Roedernowheres got a point!

Wonder if there''s any chance to get sat in front of Peter Frantzen and put these points across to him?I know that commercial newspapers have a job to keep their circulation up, otherwise they cease to be, but to be honest, their part in ALL of what has happened since that first fateful headline (no story to follow just a 100pt headline) has been nothing short of a cop out and sycophantic journalism of the highest order.I have tried phoning him to set up such a meeting, but his PA always deflects my calls.Somehow he and his editorial staff need to be made to see just how much this "will he/won''t he/will they sell/won''t they sell" affects the everyday lives of everyone that follows the club. The club is part of our community and they have a responsibility to us all, as our daily newspaper, to do proper investigative journalism and get to the bottom of it all.Anyone have ins there (apart from Interweb Pete/Celia)? I know where he lives in Loddon, but its not really on door-stepping him is it?Wouldn''t it be lovely to have him, Delia, Peter Cullum and Glenn Roder in the same room, where some level headed and decent questions could be put to the lot of them. I''ll gladly do it!

Best comment on that call was when you said that Neil wasn''t a journo. In reality he thinks he is notwithstanding his double-life at Cooney. Neeel didn''t tell us what his role at NCFC was  ''cause he''s too embarrassed with conflicts of interest. How much do NCFC pay him ?

I get fed up with callers askiing where the money has gone and Neeel says I don''t know, errr it''s all amystery to me and such crap.. For Christ''s sake as a commentator with all the taxpayers resources to research the question by now he should know the ins and outs of the finances and be able to add insight to the debate other than say Plymouth would give their right arm for our gates.

Good knowledge of football but very liteweight commentator and journalist. But feathering his own nest perhaps ?

[quote user="rich2408"]

[quote user="Glen"]The anoying thing today is Lupoli has probably saved Roaders job![/quote]

I know ,its a real sickener.Maybe GR will self destruct and drop Lupoli next game now hes scored.(thats 5 goals in 7 games)

[/quote]5 in 7 - over a 46 game season would average at 33 goals, ok I know in reality that probably wouldn''t happen but it still make GR look a totally useless  tw@t.