Sign in to follow this  
XXL16

Adam Drury's performance yesterday? Worth a regular first team place?

Adam Drury''s performance yesterday? Worth a regular first team place?

I know he''s natural left back but his defending skill was possibly the best at the club, people said he can''t run with the ball and overlap well so in the central defence would be an ideal place to him?

[quote user="XXL16"]

I know he''s natural left back but his defending skill was possibly the best at the club, people said he can''t run with the ball and overlap well so in the central defence would be an ideal place to him?

[/quote]

no.. Drurys not the biggest of players and against phsyical sides would be knocked all over the pitch! he did ok against charlton but imagine him coming up against a Blackpool or a stoke who like to rough defenders up a bit.... you need someone bog at the back who can hold their ground....

jas :) 

On recent showings I would give him the start over Bertrand at right back...he also seems to be adjusting to life fter Huckerby and getting himself into better attacking positions. Roeder talked alot at the start of the season about having competition for every place...he seems to have forgotten that and just accomodates his favourites. 

[quote user="Roed 2 Rouen?"]On recent showings I would give him the start over Bertrand at right back...he also seems to be adjusting to life fter Huckerby and getting himself into better attacking positions. Roeder talked alot at the start of the season about having competition for every place...he seems to have forgotten that and just accomodates his favourites. [/quote Sorry I meant left back ]

Embarrassed [:$]

[quote user="XXL16"]

[/quote]

Sorry David, I know he''s your favourite but I thought he was poor yesterday. Not strong enough for centrback and carrying another injury for most of the second half. I''d love to see a fully fit Adam Drury playing left back again but we''ve been waiting a long time for that to happen. Maybe it never will?

Sorry David, I know he''s your favourite but I thought he was poor yesterday. Not strong enough for centrback and carrying another injury for most of the second half. I''d love to see a fully fit Adam Drury playing left back again but we''ve been waiting a long time for that to happen. Maybe it never will?