Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Player Ratings....

Someone got any please? Only made it as far as the radio for this one and it sounded like nobody had a decent first halve with the exception of lee croft who was trying but to no avail.Surprise surprise however, you put a little quick man upfront alongside a big man....introduce a playmaker to get it to the big man and we score...who would have thought.

Marshall - 7 made a few crucial saves...too much hoofing up field though, but probably doesn''t trust his back line sufficiently at the moment

Bertrand - 4 did very little and it seemed to me that others were doing his job for most of the game...would love to have seen Lappin on for him. He is too slow on the ball and his passes get intercepted too often...skill level not great today.

Drury - 6 tenacious and calm in defence and got forward a few times...got himself booked for a sliding tackle from behind...his touch was a tad clumsy at times and sky''d a few clearances...generally ok

Doc - 7 Solid game, standard ''doc'' stuff done well, good clearances and getting his foot in at critical times.

Omuzusi - 5 was quite enterprising in attack...but in doing so was out of his defensive position too often

Otsemebor - 6 sound job defensively, went forward a few times but didn''t stretch himself particularly

Croft - 7 had a difficult time, continously fouled going down the wing and got little from the lino on that side.

Fozzie -5 lively but really lacks the skill to anything particularly useful on the ball...he worked hard defensively leaping into players for the high ball but won very little

Clingan - 5 had a quiet game and although he did some distribution, too much sideways stuff and didn''t tackle as well as he has done of late

Patty - 5 Didn''t really notice him that much today and wasn''t surprised he got sub''d

Hoolahan - 8 tackled, intercepted well and generally ran rings around the players in his area, ...had a couple of shots at goal. My motm.

Sibs - 6 not hat effective first half but as the game wore on he was winning more and more high balls and flicking on reasonably well...but as usual too much time with his back to goal.

Rusty - 5 ...should never start the game as a striker, because he isn''t one...worked hard all first half but rarel looked like getting into a goal scoring position...probably regrets scoring those two goals in our pre season against Colchester now.

Lupoli - 7 - clearly got an eye for goal had at least three other attempts other than the one which he scored but never more than half chances though. Refreshing to see a player that faces goal and runs towards it more often than shifting the ball continuously sideways... or backwards

Marshall - 8 did very well and kept us in the game.

Bertrand - 4 what did he do???? was he there lol????

Drury - 6 OK for someone who is playing out of position

Doc - 7 did well again and commanded the back four

Omuzusi - 3 bloody use-less, even roeder knew this by takin him off at half time

Otsemebor - 6 alot better than omo

Croft - 7 battled well  

Fozzie -5 did alrite but his passes went astray as usual

Clingan - 6 average game for his standards

Patty - was''nt great

Hoolahan - 8 good game

Sibs - 7/8 managed to stay on his feet for most of game, best ive seen him play

Rusty - 5 he anit no striker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lupoli - 7 - the best chance we got of getting any goal at moment, changed the game in our favour today

My ratings for todays game which I felt we were poor and charlton looked much better than when they played us last time

We aint gonna win games without a strker & the mid-fielders dont look to have goals in them

Marshall - 8 - again a solid performance must be one of the top goalkeepers in this league

Omozuzi - 6 - quiet game good getting forward did not intercept cross which led to goal

Doc - 8 good reading of game his pace lets him down sometimes but not today

Drury - 6 - playing out of position but was at fault for not stopping goal

Berty-7 - didnt get forward much first half but put in solid consistent crosses to strikers and cleared dangerous balls from goal area

Patty 5 - not at starting blocks today

Clingan - 4 - again does relatively little must have had 8 touches of ball whole game same as at Palace - you forget he is there

Fozzy - 5 - started as captain but seems to be an identical player position to clingan

Croft - 8 - again was passionate trying to do all what he could with little support from right back

Sibi - 6 - why cant he get one header? never looked like he''s score

Rusty - 6 - we cannot expect to chop and change him to a striker looked quiet

Subs

Ostemembor - 6 much better than last game went forward much more

Hoolie - 8 - a thorn in the side to defence need to start him to cause aggro

Lupi - 8 - played like he wanted to score the difference between siberski whilst we dont have a striker would play him

I wouldn''t take Positive Yellow''s ratings seriously at all.

Marking Elliott Overrated as a 6 when he was dreadful and got subbed off at half time is a joke. Drury was hardly at fault with the goal, the defence got turned round after we were exposed down the right.

And he''s marked Fozzy higher than Clingan which is laughable. Clingan had a quiet game, but he was still streets ahead of Fozzy.

Finally Marshall - only described as a  "solid performance" after a wonder save and three excellent stops in the second half???

i wasn`t actually at the game but here are my ratings from listening to the radio commentary, well actually i missed most of the 1st half cos i was taking the dog for a walk. but i did see the highlights on itv

marshall 7 

omo 5

doc the rock 7

drury 6

bertrand 5

croft 7

fozzy 2

clingan 7

patty 6

sibs 3

russell 4

subs

semi 6

hoolahan 8

lupoli 9

they might not be that accurate cos most of the 2nd half i was posting anti glenn roeder posts on message boards  and the battery in my dab radio ran out, so i had to listen to muffled medium wave [:D]

[quote user="pennywise "]

i wasn`t actually at the game but here are my ratings from listening to the radio commentary, well actually i missed most of the 1st half cos i was taking the dog for a walk. but i did see the highlights on itv

marshall 7 

omo 5

doc the rock 7

drury 6

bertrand 5

croft 7

fozzy 2

clingan 7

patty 6

sibs 3

russell 4

subs

semi 6

hoolahan 8

lupoli 9

they might not be that accurate cos most of the 2nd half i was posting anti glenn roeder posts on message boards  and the battery in my dab radio ran out, so i had to listen to muffled medium wave [:D]

[/quote]

Why bother?  Leave it to those that went to the game, or at least those who were paying full attention. For example, Sibs had a much better game than you credit him and as much as we welcomed Lupoli''s goal, he couldn''t posibly be marked that high in such a short amount of time on the pitch.

Well here are my ratings for what they are worth:Marshall: 7 Made important saves but didn''t have a huge amount to do but did enough.Omosuzi: 4 - Poor, tried to play offside when no one else did almost resulting in a second and did nothing of note going forward.Doc: 7 - I haven''t seen many Norwich games of late what with being skint and all that but Doc was impressive, did have the turning circle of a bus...which is never a good thing.Drury: 6 - Average, did ok, could''ve been better when he had time not to just hoof it forward.Bertrand: 5 - Just below average didn''t make any glaring errors but did nothing newsworthy.Croft: 6 - Just ran, and ran, and ran, and ran and ran with no end product. A few nice touches here and there.Fozzy: 4 - Offered nothing of note defensively nor attacking. Sat too deep with Clingan, we only need 1 defensive midfielder.Clingan: 7 - Few good passes, ran a lot a decent display.Pattison: 5 - Forgot he was on in the first half.Russell: 6 - Tried, but he isn''t a striker, the 6 is for effort more than anything.Sibierski: 7 - Distincly average 1st half - good touches in the 2nd but I fail to see what type of goal threat he is, he played well and with confidence in the 2nd half thus my grading of 7!SubsSemi: 5 - was better than Oz only because he made no mistakes (obviously).Wes: 8 - I know he isn''t strongest out on the left but I honestly thought he looked his most dangerous out wide but gave us a different approach and that is an improvment.Lupoli: 7 - I''m not going to go crazy and say he was the greatest thing there because he ran alot with some success and obviously scored but I was pleased for him and hopefully Roeder will see that Lupoli and Sibs could work at any club. Regardless of size. SO anyway, i think thats a few fair ratings, I don''t do this very often, as I haven''t been to that many games of late so i think it wasn''t too shabby at all!

[quote user="pennywise "]

marshall 7 

omo 5

doc the rock 7

drury 6

bertrand 5

croft 7

fozzy 2

clingan 7

patty 6

sibs 3

russell 4

subs

semi 6

hoolahan 8

lupoli 9

[/quote]

Cracking post in keeping with this messgage board. I enjoyed your ratings Pennywise. Now can we have a few from those who watched it on the match thread. Actually watching games should not make the player ratings any more accurate then those posted by the stay-at-home fans. In fact it''s the other way around because those who put in the financial and emotional committment to go are probably die hard Norwich fans who see the game through green and yellow welding goggles[8-|][:O] A much more balanced view will come from those ''keyboard kates'' who scrutinise everything Norwich City through their turd coloured ''bins''.........

[:O][;)]