Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

And More Proof Roeder's A Fool

Sibierski and Russell as strikers. Both midifielders, neither proflic scorers. Lupoli comes on and just does what his position title suggests he can do. Scores.Omozusi right back, where he''s been consistently shambolic whenever he''s played there. At fault for the goal. Subbed at half time for Semmy.The guy has no clue, he''s not even learning from past mistakes (Omozusi RB has never worked). Midfielders as strikers yields no goals.

If you didn''t want either Sibbi or Rusty upfront or Omo as right back what team would you have started with then?

Bear in  mind that Semmy has been poor the last couple of games and Cort isn''t ready to start a game yet?

The man is a fool and the board must be thinking about removing him very soon, they no what fans feel about him now and  they''ll have their minds on season ticket sales, don''t think they''d of been impressed with the performance yesterday! Roeder is a fool but even he knows he''s on borrowed time now, i would be very surprised if he''s still here this time next week,

Can''t believe that he would put Rusty over Lupo, madness. Yes, Sibi up front but not Rusty. He should be in the centre of the park darting forward. Mind you, we have not replaced Francis, just showed what a good player we had in Francis, albeit a bit of a numpty.

Having said in the press we were going to attack and play two strikers, I was confused as to why he picked Clingan and Fotheringham in centre mid, particularly as Fotheringham is a poor man''s Clingan.  Sibs & lupoli up front, Russell running box to box would have made more sense.  But we got a 1-1 against the bottom club, so I suppose we should be happy...

I''d have played Cort and Lupoli up front. Cort may be unfit, but with no regular reserve games, I think a cup game (which isn''t overly important given our position) would have been an ideal way to help him get match fit.

I don''t see how else Cort can get match fit, apart from playing football matches. If he was really knackered after 60 minutes then bring on Sibbi if we were behind or level, and Russell if we needed to hold a lead.

Roeder is pretty much forced to play Lupoli now, and if he doesn''t then I think he may even actively be trying to get fired, to pick up the compo.

Either way the irony is Lupoli could well save Roeder''s job over the next few weeks.

With respect to Carl Cort just look at his appearance record since he left Wimbledon in 2000 and unfortunately for him and his clubs since, he has not been match fit for years.Six months without a Club since he left Spain and being over 30 when is he ever going to be fit for the hussle and bussle of The Championship? 

[quote user="cityangel"]

If you didn''t want either Sibbi or Rusty upfront or Omo as right back what team would you have started with then?

Bear in  mind that Semmy has been poor the last couple of games and Cort isn''t ready to start a game yet?

[/quote]Id have gone with Russell and Lupoli or Siberski and Lupoli, but no way would i have gone for Sibi and Russell together.Yes Semmy was poor v Forest, but Omozusi is even worse at RB, as he has proved countless times earlier in the season. My defence yesterday would have been Drury, Doc, Omozusi, Otsemobor.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Having said in the press we were going to attack and play two strikers, I was confused as to why he picked Clingan and Fotheringham in centre mid, particularly as Fotheringham is a poor man''s Clingan.  Sibs & lupoli up front, Russell running box to box would have made more sense.  But we got a 1-1 against the bottom club, so I suppose we should be happy...[/quote]Yeh good point, seeing as tho he ended up not playing any strikers! Last time i checked Russell and Sibierski werent strikers. Sibierski''s goal record for his last 4 clubs is that of a midfielder, not a striker:Man City   92 (11)Newcastle 26 (3)Wigan       31 (4)Norwich   14 (2)

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

With respect to Carl Cort just look at his appearance record since he left Wimbledon in 2000 and unfortunately for him and his clubs since, he has not been match fit for years.Six months without a Club since he left Spain and being over 30 when is he ever going to be fit for the hussle and bussle of The Championship? 

[/quote]Sadly i dont think Cort is gonna be a Dion Dublin.

[quote user="Fuglestad"]I''d have played Cort and Lupoli up front. Cort may be unfit, but with no regular reserve games, I think a cup game (which isn''t overly important given our position) would have been an ideal way to help him get match fit.

I don''t see how else Cort can get match fit, apart from playing football matches. If he was really knackered after 60 minutes then bring on Sibbi if we were behind or level, and Russell if we needed to hold a lead.

Roeder is pretty much forced to play Lupoli now, and if he doesn''t then I think he may even actively be trying to get fired, to pick up the compo.

Either way the irony is Lupoli could well save Roeder''s job over the next few weeks.[/quote]i doubt if cort will ever get properly match fit - he''s an obvious gamble too far...

[quote user="cityangel"]

Bear inĀ  mind that Semmy has been poor the last couple of games and Cort isn''t ready to start a game yet?

[/quote]

The leading goal scorer (Lupoli) has to start surely? I''[d have started with Cort upfront with him (Iwan started plenty of games in his first season when he was not fully fit). If that didn''t look like working I may have replaced him with Sibs at half-time.

I don''t like seeing players played out of position, and, I would have played Semmy or one of the academy boys.