Sign in to follow this  
CiderkiddCanary

The Role Roeder is most suited to

In my opinion, Roeder is most suitable to a Director of Football role, where he can use his contacts in the game to help a manager who can motivate and is tactically good sign new players. Any thoughts?

[quote user="Ciderkidd"]In my opinion, Roeder is most suitable to a Director of Football role, where he can use his contacts in the game to help a manager who can motivate and is tactically good sign new players.
Any thoughts?
[/quote]

I think he''s most suited to a job outside of the footballing world! And preferably away from Norwich! He might be able to use his contacts but if he then takes the recommendations some of his contacts give him without checking them out first, then, as we have seen, it may lead to some very dubious signings which he then decides aren''t that great after all!

Funny that between jobs at Gillingham, Watford, West Ham and Newcastle.......nobody has ever asked him to appear on TV as a football pundit...........BECAUSE HE KNOWS SWEET FA ABOUT THE GAME.

[quote user="Stranger44"]

[quote user="Ciderkidd"]In my opinion, Roeder is most suitable to a Director of Football role, where he can use his contacts in the game to help a manager who can motivate and is tactically good sign new players.
Any thoughts?
[/quote]

I think he''s most suited to a job outside of the footballing world! And preferably away from Norwich! He might be able to use his contacts but if he then takes the recommendations some of his contacts give him without checking them out first, then, as we have seen, it may lead to some very dubious signings which he then decides aren''t that great after all!

[/quote]

Agree, much has been made of Roeders contacts but most of these hot leads have led to out of their depth youngsters like Gibbs, Henry, Koroma, Henville playing for our club, while other more successful ones like Pearce, Ommorzussi, and Bertrand are no better than what we''ve already got!

Roeders a tw*T! 

My flat-mate at University is a life long Newcastle fan and says exactly the same thing to me whenever I tell him he is tactically an amateur. He says at Newcastle he did a wonderful job as director of football and working with the youth setups at Newcastle. However since he took over as their manager things went down hill for him.

[quote user="porkyp"]Funny that between jobs at Gillingham, Watford, West Ham and Newcastle.......nobody has ever asked him to appear on TV as a football pundit...........

BECAUSE HE KNOWS SWEET FA ABOUT THE GAME.
[/quote]

That plus his awful managerial record and equally awful personality wouldn''t make him a good choice as a pundit!

I think that he would be brilliant as a director of a youth set up, if I''m correct, he was touted as Arsenals full time coach, so he must have something for Wenger to offer him the job, well thats what I thought I heard or read.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

I think that he would be brilliant as a director of a youth set up, if I''m correct, he was touted as Arsenals full time coach, so he must have something for Wenger to offer him the job, well thats what I thought I heard or read.

[/quote]Yes that is the sort of role I meant. And yes, he was high up on Wenger''s shortlist; for Director of Football I believe.Surprised Roeder hasn''t used the "I must have missed your speculation linking you to Arsenal" line yet!

One that means he doesn''t have to deal with the public, give interviews or have any man management skills

as far from Carrow Rd as possible.

Nothing to do with football or the media or interacting in any way with the public.

No job requiring any tactical or strategic knowledge.

...sewage inspector in Inverness?

Any thoughts?
[/quote]

How about working in McDonalds???

He could go and manage Guatemala Bay, I hear there is a lot of people that have been isolated and frozen out.[:D]

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

Taxi driver-rude and arrogant!

[/quote]

Not all Taxi drivers are rude and arrogant.....but a lot of their fares are.