Sign in to follow this  
Back of the net!

Mr Roeder - I hope you are reading?

Evening all,

I don''t often post on this site depsite being a frequent visitor and when I do it''s often drink infused (as is tonights) as a disgruntled fan albeit not a regular visitor to carrow road i''m getting deeply frustrated by GR and his lack of consistency, I''m becoming confused and some what bewiled by the current regime.

I''ve read GR''s post match comments about Lupoli and the fact that GR feels he needs to improve and that AL needs power, strength and pace? Well if i''m not mistaken if these are the qualities he is looking for in a striker why the hell did he waste the clubs feeble resources in the first instance and bring a player of Lupoli''s qualities to the club?? If he is looking for a player of these atributes I can think of a few playing in the lower leagues?

The fact of the matter is we need someone desperately to put the ball in the back of the net, now i''m no rocket scientist; however good Daryll Russell looked as a striker against Colchester in thre pre-season friendly he is never going to be a long term solution! Strikers are a rear bread a selfish bread and in my humble if not slightly drunken opinion you only need to name one clear golas scorer (a fox in the box) on your team sheet and however critical you want to be of them during 90 mins as long as they take the one or two chances (and lets face it are we capeable of creating much more than that over the course of a game?) that come to them do we really care??  

I guess the point i''m trying to make is that GR should be 100% sure what he is looking for in a striker before signing them, why sign players such as Lupoli on loan? He is never going to be the kind of player described above so stop wasting poor old Lupoli''s time (he has been more than patient) and the clubs resources i''m assuming GR knew what he could expect before the deal was done it''s not as if AL hadn''t played in English football before?

I''m waffling now but I would be interested in what other folks opinions are.

Because, I fear, that GR''s scouting methods when it comes to loan players are; ''We''ve got a *insert position here* available, are you interested?'' from the loanee club, or ''have you got any *insert position*''s available for loan in a call from GR to a Premiership club.Lupoli falls into the first category.Regardless of how much money the board have given him to spend, what he has done with the funds that have been available to him is one of the primary reasons why the man is not good for our club.

Such a cynic! I can''t comprehend that as GR was so highly rated by Sir Wenger and spent so long out of football after leaving Newcastle he must have watched a fair bit of football and been able to make a reasonable assesment of what players were good and not so good. I do agree with your point if we were discussing someone like OJ Koroma!

I imagine that he spent many an hour watching Troy Archibald Whatsisface. For such a huge fan of the loan system, he don''t half waste a few!

Yes I am reading and have been reading all your so called fans drivel for several weeks now. When are you going to learn-this is my football club and my city. What I say goes no matter what.

[quote user="Glenn Roeder"]Yes I am reading and have been reading all your so called fans drivel for several weeks now. When are you going to learn-this is my football club and my city. What I say goes no matter what.[/quote]Sorry, I must have missed your tenure as England manager.

On Radio Norfolk Roeder said Loops hadn''t gotten into the first team at all the clubs he''s been at. What he should have gone on to articulate is why he bought him in on a year loan in  that case and why in the last 5 months he hasn''t developed him to become a regular.

I''m also fed up with us signing players like  Carl Corthorse  who can''t do a 90 minute shift. Do we get a discount on his wages ?

[quote user="cuckoo in the nest"]

On Radio Norfolk Roeder said Loops hadn''t gotten into the first team at all the clubs he''s been at. What he should have gone on to articulate is why he bought him in on a year loan in  that case and why in the last 5 months he hasn''t developed him to become a regular.

I''m also fed up with us signing players like  Carl Corthorse  who can''t do a 90 minute shift. Do we get a discount on his wages ?

[/quote]what he should of done in his interview is praise the boy up big time, but he''ll never do that only seems to knock his players, which is why he will be gone very soon!

Has Lupoli suddenly shrunk? Was he a 6''6" target man when Roeder signed him? Who gives sweet FA for how big he is. HE SCORES GOALS so play the fecker!!!!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Glenn Roeder"]Yes I am reading and have been reading all your so called fans drivel for several weeks now. When are you going to learn-this is my football club and my city. What I say goes no matter what.[/quote]

Sorry, I must have missed your tenure as England manager.

[/quote]

Manage, the tw@t couldn''t manage a piss up in a brewery.

the fact of the matter is roeder never picks the bloke, when he does he scores.

even with the loan players we have, hes not sure if to play them .

i see your point hellvile sent back , then we are short at the back, the guy from portsmouth as well.

what on earth is the point of bringing players in for them to maybe keep the bench warm.

any decent manager would want to run the rule over the player first , just taking someone on advise is a bit risky.

i certainly dont know , roeders logical thinking.

good point, Hoolahan wasn''t big enough a few weeks ago. Last season we coulndn''t play with two wingers, now we play Bell and Croft wide in a five man midfield.          Our youngsters aren''t yet ready, then he appoints a 28year old coach ( lots of experience and knowledge of the game there ). the man is a complete arse

if the guy had six months from arrival... nov 07- june 08.

to find a big man.. as he said surely he would have been paranoid of him being a lightweight...

roeder cant see the obvious... of what hes saying is conradicting (if thats how you spell it) ..

[quote user="Glenn Roeder"]Yes I am reading and have been reading all your so called fans drivel for several weeks now. When are you going to learn-this is my football club and my city. What I say goes no matter what.[/quote]haha, that can''t be Roeder... pretty sure that he can''t even readwould explain a few things!

[quote user="claud"]Because, I fear, that GR''s scouting methods when it comes to loan players are; ''We''ve got a *insert position here* available, are you interested?'' from the loanee club, or ''have you got any *insert position*''s available for loan in a call from GR to a Premiership club.

Lupoli falls into the first category.

Regardless of how much money the board have given him to spend, what he has done with the funds that have been available to him is one of the primary reasons why the man is not good for our club.
[/quote]

Exactly!

It sickens me when some use our financial constraints as an excuse for Roeders total mismanagement!

Roeder has had money to spend and I bet we''d all be surprised if we knew the total spent on permanant and loan players just seperately!

Our financial shortcomings are made out as if we''re the only club who with these problems but in reality 80-90% of clubs are struggling for finance.

In reality I bet theres at least 5 clubs in the Championship who''ve given their managers a smaller budget than what Roeders had!

Signing Bertrand on loan when the better Lappin is getting paid very well to only train at Colney, signign the over the hill Sibierski whos not worth half his massive wages, signing Lupoli and then choosing to play a midfieler up front while leaving the natural Italian striker on the bench, last seasons woeful loan signings Gibbs and Henry, resigning Eagles who never going to make it, siging Henville and not playing him and Koroma whos not good enough without doing his homework on them are all examples of where Roeders p*ssed his budget away on mostly failiures.

Clubs like Plymouth, Blackpool, Barnsley and no doubt others would never of sanctioned a lot of Roeders moves cause it would of been financial suicide for them and they have managers who know the lower Leagues and know that you''d get more value for money out signing players from the lower Leagues than most of the expensive Premiership loans Roeders obsessed with! 

We''re on the ROEDERnowhere, Delia stop it before its too late!