Sign in to follow this  
SuperWesIrishWizard

Ian Henderson signs for Luton!

just wait until he scores a his first goal after 53 games, he will then be apparantly "banging them in" and " should never have been let go"  well maybe thats stretching it a bit with ian henderson but you all know the drill by now  [:D]

He had a nice little run in the team in the promotion season when played wide right, scored a few goals but that was it for Hendo really-another Chris Llewellyn.If he has found a decent level with Luton, good luck to him. I do tend to think,even with their own very well documented problems, Luton are on the beginning of an upward trail now, maybe they needed to enter the abyss to start afresh, wonder if that is what we will need ultimately?

[quote user="Old Shuck"]
He had a nice little run in the team in the promotion season when played wide right, scored a few goals but that was it for Hendo really-another Chris Llewellyn.

If he has found a decent level with Luton, good luck to him. I do tend to think,even with their own very well documented problems, Luton are on the beginning of an upward trail now, maybe they needed to enter the abyss to start afresh, wonder if that is what we will need ultimately?
[/quote]

agreed shuck, i think Luton will win the conference at a canter next season, perhaps with a record points haul and return to the league better and stronger... it wont be long before they are a champ;ionship side... many teams could learn from the new owners at Luton.... Delia included....

jas :)

I still think they may escape relegation, I know it''s going to be close but they''ve managed to chase down Grimsby (third from bottom) to 15 points within half a season and other teams at the bottom of league 2 tend not to pick up many points, it must have been really hard for the players at the start of the season to see -30 tally on the league, who knows how they will go once they get into positive figures and that weight is lifted.

I''d like to see them survive, it''s not the fans fault that the directors were dodgy but their the ones who have been punished.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

I still think they may escape relegation, I know it''s going to be close but they''ve managed to chase down Grimsby (third from bottom) to 15 points within half a season and other teams at the bottom of league 2 tend not to pick up many points, it must have been really hard for the players at the start of the season to see -30 tally on the league, who knows how they will go once they get into positive figures and that weight is lifted.

I''d like to see them survive, it''s not the fans fault that the directors were dodgy but their the ones who have been punished.

[/quote]

You nearly make it sound exciting to be a Luton fan.

[quote user="pennywise "]just wait until he scores a his first goal after 53 games, he will then be apparantly "banging them in" and " should never have been let go"  well maybe thats stretching it a bit with ian henderson but you all know the drill by now  [:D][/quote]

It won''t be too long before that happens.

I don''t believe he should have got the stick like he did, infact no player for our team should. We seem to have a problem that we want and find a scapegoat and it disgusts me. Look in recent times, Hughes, Hendo, Fozzy, the list goes on. They maybe pants, but when they put on their shirt and step out, we should always be supporting them. Their confidence must be shot to bits.

Agreed, Canaries in Bed. Even stranger is it seems to be homegrown youngsters and players who run their b*llocks off who get stick. I really cannot understand the mentality, other than simple minded, pick on the weak kid, playground bullying.

I think we want the homegrown''s to do so well and outshine the rest as we are desperate for local success, this put undue pressire on them and when they fail to reach the heights that we expect, we soon get on there backs.

[quote user="Fuglestad"]Good luck to Hendo, hope their fans treat him better than "ours" did.[/quote]

Apart from the spell during our title winning season Hendo wasn''t good enough to be a Norwich player and should of been released at least a year before he was!

Keeping guys like him and the Jarvis bros way too long while releasing Crow too early and Paul Hayes  who never got a chance (whos now good enough to play for us) is another example of very poor decision making at our club!

The fact he done bu*gerall at Northampton emphasises what most fans knew!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"] side... many teams could learn from the new owners at Luton.... Delia included...[/quote]

Classic

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[quote user="Fuglestad"]Good luck to Hendo, hope their fans treat him better than "ours" did.[/quote]

Apart from the spell during our title winning season Hendo wasn''t good enough to be a Norwich player and should of been released at least a year before he was!

Keeping guys like him and the Jarvis bros way too long while releasing Crow too early and Paul Hayes  who never got a chance (whos now good enough to play for us) is another example of very poor decision making at our club!

[/quote]

and the one common denominator in all this ?  thats right our bloody  incompetant board,  delia out,  viva la revolution [:D]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I don''t believe he should have got the stick like he did, infact no player for our team should. We seem to have a problem that we want and find a scapegoat and it disgusts me. Look in recent times, Hughes, Hendo, Fozzy, the list goes on. They maybe pants, but when they put on their shirt and step out, we should always be supporting them. Their confidence must be shot to bits.[/quote]

I couldn''t agree more.  Easton was another who used to take a rediculous amount of stick, and his team mates weren''t happy about it.  More recently Croft and Doherty seemed to get plenty but to their credit they have risen above it and we''d be stuffed without them now.

It''s interesting to note that there doesn''t currently seem to be a universal boo-boy.  I''d like to think that these idiots have grown up and realised how counter-productive it is to get on your own players'' backs, but it''s probably more due to the fact that the team have been so poor this season the whingers can no longer agree on who they should target!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

Im not too convinced that we released Crow too early..... apparently he has been shocking in the Conference. Im not too convinced that Paul Hayes is good enough for us either... maybe as a squad player, but isnt he back in League One now?

As most people who have visited the training ground will verify, Ian Henderson was one of the only players who would never speak. He always thought he was the dogs testicles.

Unfortunately he was absolute trash and probably still is.

I believe in treating people how they treat you so personally I hope Ian Henderson rots in the reserves of Luton Town until he learns some manners.

[quote user="Pissed as a Mattress"]

As most people who have visited the training ground will verify, Ian Henderson was one of the only players who would never speak. He always thought he was the dogs testicles.

I believe in treating people how they treat you so personally I hope Ian Henderson rots in the reserves of Luton Town until he learns some manners.

[/quote]He was certainly a jumped up little pr*ck, who used to bully the younger kids in the academy, I can remember talking to a young lad from the under 14s who shall remain unnamed after watching him score a goal against Ipswich, he played alongside my best mates little brother. I was busy telling him how he had played really well and congratulated him on his good finish (I was only 16 myself and the same age as Hendo).Hendo then proceeded to walk past, barge into the young player saying "get out of my way smelly" and then turned around and said "your sh*t by the way, I dont know why you bother turning up.... your never going to be as good as me".  A couple of years later, when Hendo was on the fringes of the first team and a pro, I was buying a match programme when he walked past a programme seller, grabbed a programme out of the box without paying (they are not supposed to do this, they can get a free one from the reception and the seller then loses £3) and shouted "get your big issue".For those two incidents alone, I have wished nothing but terribly bad luck against Hendo and nothing fills me with more delight than regularly checking his Wikipedia entry to remind myself how cr*p he is at football.   I am also pleased to say that the 14 year old is now earning more money in the big smoke then Hendo will ever earn playing for Luton Town, if they bother to keep him.Hendo, what goes around comes around.

I always got the impression that the senior players had no time for the jumped pr*ck Hendo whatsoever. I remember those two far post goals he got against Millwall at home during the title winning season - He only got them because he''d been so poor otherwise and the Millwall players had forgot about him so he was left totally unmarked to score!

Surprised that hes gone to Luton cause they seem to good for him

Terrible mismanagement keeping him and the Jarvis bros as long as we did!

[quote]

[/quote]

the players are at Colney to train.. not to yack to some nobody hanger on at the sidelines!

perhaps if they focussed on their training and stopped chatting to the fans we might win a few.

jas :)