Sign in to follow this  
Worf

Revolutions!

The Roeder revolution eh? What happened to it?

When Glenn Roeder arrived he seemed to be making all the right noises about rebuilding and removing all the dead wood from the Peter Grant regime.

And so it began, we saw our team go on a 15 match unbeaten run which surely saved us from the relegation that Peter Grant had promised. Deadwood such as Brellier, Murray, Strihavka and Brown was removed and new staff were brought in and older staff were ruthelessely dismissed. However all this went wrong when we noticed that Roeder was going in all guns blazing, he did not have the funds available to buy a new squad competitive at Championship level so he took players on loan. Giving us a team full of half arsed players only here to get match fit.

Was it the lack of money that will send Roeder to his grave? Or is it him as a manager? Whilst he has been with us he has shown a stubborness and nastiness that has riled many fans and journalists and has obviously affected the players themselves. He talks the talk about being a nasty rutheless boss but does he walk the walk? No. Although the standard of football has improved results have not, if he was a nasty piece of work who had bought together a nasty, hard to beat team, which got results I wouldnt mind his arrogance. Glenn Roeder is no Alex Ferguson. And evidently we are getting sick and tired of him. He will talk himself into getting fired very soon. Another word about the fans and I should think he is gone. Surely the board have seen that there has rarely been a manager as HATED as Roeder. I mean, Grant wasnt popular but I don''t think he was at generally despised as Glenn Roeder is.

History tells us that generally revolutions fail. Countries that have all had Socailist revolutions in the last 100 years have all spiralled off into devastation, when a man or a party leads a revolution, I think he gains a feeling of ''all-power'', that no one else can see what he is trying to achieve. I have a message for you Glenn: First it was Communism, then it was HBOS, you''re next.

Roeder Out.

i will second that..

the guy should go now, with what little dignity he has left,

hes left carnage in the wake of every club hes been , i made clear what i thought in august , and got grilled for it.

but i think most people feel the same , well said.

[quote user="Worf"]

When Glenn Roeder arrived he seemed to be making all the right noises about rebuilding and removing all the dead wood from the Peter Grant regime.

And so it began, we saw our team go on a 15 match unbeaten run which surely saved us from the relegation that Peter Grant had promised. Deadwood such as Brellier, Murray, Strihavka and Brown was removed and new staff were brought in and older staff were ruthelessely dismissed. However all this went wrong when we noticed that Roeder was going in all guns blazing, he did not have the funds available to buy a new squad competitive at Championship level so he took players on loan. Giving us a team full of half arsed players only here to get match fit.

Was it the lack of money that will send Roeder to his grave? Or is it him as a manager? Whilst he has been with us he has shown a stubborness and nastiness that has riled many fans and journalists and has obviously affected the players themselves. He talks the talk about being a nasty rutheless boss but does he walk the walk? No. Although the standard of football has improved results have not, if he was a nasty piece of work who had bought together a nasty, hard to beat team, which got results I wouldnt mind his arrogance. Glenn Roeder is no Alex Ferguson. And evidently we are getting sick and tired of him. He will talk himself into getting fired very soon. Another word about the fans and I should think he is gone. Surely the board have seen that there has rarely been a manager as HATED as Roeder. I mean, Grant wasnt popular but I don''t think he was at generally despised as Glenn Roeder is.

History tells us that generally revolutions fail. Countries that have all had Socailist revolutions in the last 100 years have all spiralled off into devastation, when a man or a party leads a revolution, I think he gains a feeling of ''all-power'', that no one else can see what he is trying to achieve. I have a message for you Glenn: First it was Communism, then it was HBOS, you''re next.

Roeder Out.

[/quote]

So why are so many posters on here trying to start yet another revolution?

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Worf"]

Roeder Out.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ah, there are great differences between revolutions and reforms. We need a manager who will BUILD not REBUILD

[quote user="singing canary"]

i will second that..

hes left carnage in the wake of every club hes been , i made clear what i thought in august , and got grilled for it.

[/quote]

I worked out he was cr*p at the end of last January/early February. Roeder only keep us up last cause of that long unbeaten run which was down to the players trying to impress a new boss, nowt to do with Roeders man management of which he has very little!

I would never deny ever that we''ve got money shortfalls and the managers job is nothing other than very difficult but isn''t that the case at most other clubs as well, its the nature of the game!

But I bet Roeders had a bigger budget than other clubs who are higher up the table and I''m convinced with a decent manger in charge making good decisions we could/can be successfull despite our over the hill board!

The only revolution I want to see is first get rid of our useless manager and then see new owners come in with the finance to get us going again with a decent manger!

This must be the most intelligently written post on here for years, well done.

I have to say my patience with Roeder is failing quickly in this transfer window, surely any decent irons in the fire should have been used by now? I still say give him this window to try and sort the defensive muddle out, but if things haven''t improved by March he should do the decent thing and resign.....after all the club can''t afford to sack him.

[quote user="singing canary"]

i will second that..

[/quote]I was also in minority many months ago. I just can''t see our board dispensing with his services until it is too late. He certainly won''t resign, so fear we may be stuck with him to create more misery around our club.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Worf"]

Roeder Out.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Because we have an all-powerful, non-elected dictatorship at the club and if we want change we have no option.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Worf"]

Roeder Out.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Because we have an all-powerful, non-elected dictatorship at the club and if we want change we have no option.

[/quote]

That applys to most plc''s (of a certain size)

It''s their money their ball until someone else buys it from them.

No one seems willing or able at present for all the obvious reasons, so revolution to gain what?

Worthington out Grant in, Chase out Delia In and on and on and on......... Has any of these revolutions gained the club anything?

We are now in a worse position with less players,money etc etc. and very little now left to sell.

That''s why those doors are called revolving because they have a habit of coming up behind you a smacking you in the.......................

Before you accuse me of cardigan wearing I want this lot gone, BUT only if there is a sensible alternative.

Roeder Out.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No one seems willing or able at present for all the obvious reasons, so revolution to gain what?

Worthington out Grant in, Chase out Delia In and on and on and on......... Has any of these revolutions gained the club anything?

We are now in a worse position with less players,money etc etc. and very little now left to sell.

That''s why those doors are called revolving because they have a habit of coming up behind you a smacking you in the.......................

Before you accuse me of cardigan wearing I want this lot gone, BUT only if there is a sensible alternative.

Roeder Out.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]