Sign in to follow this  
jimmy13

Keep Roeder In!!!

Couldn''t disagree with this more.... If you get Roeder out, who do you get in, and can that person do any better with no money.  The problem lies higher up.  A new manager might have the same affect Glen had this time last year, lift us a couple of places, but what happens next season, if there is no investment we will be asking for the head of the new man for the same reasons.

For the last 20 years we have always had one or two players to sell and raise money that way but we have nothing at the moment, our best potential sale is Marshall, but hes keepig us up at the moment.

Keep some faith and stick with Roeder, but we need investment. 

Ah, the old Jaqui Smith trick, get your friends to write to the media (message board) in support of you.

You''re rumbled Mrs Roeder/Smith![:|]

[quote user="jimmy13"]

Couldn''t disagree with this more.... If you get Roeder out, who do you get in, and can that person do any better with no money.  The problem lies higher up.  A new manager might have the same affect Glen had this time last year, lift us a couple of places, but what happens next season, if there is no investment we will be asking for the head of the new man for the same reasons.

For the last 20 years we have always had one or two players to sell and raise money that way but we have nothing at the moment, our best potential sale is Marshall, but hes keepig us up at the moment.

[/quote]

where abouts in Portman road do you sit again?

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="jimmy13"]

[/quote]

where abouts in Portman road do you sit again?

jas :)

I was going to say in the toilet but its one big karzie over there

[/quote]

I''m probably going to get slated for this (whats new [:D]) but I actually think with a bit of money and a good assistant coach (who can motivate the players) that Mr. Roeder is a good manager. 13 games isnt a fluke? He does have his bad points like treating fans like crap and treating Hucks awfully but I''m still prepared to give him a chance.

[quote user="jimmy13"]

[/quote]If you get Roeder out, who do you get in, and can that person do any better with no money?....I seem to remember a few years ago on "Have I Got News for You" they substituted one of the team captains with a tub of lard for one episode.  Perhaps we could do the same thing.  If nothing else, it''d be a hell of a lot cheaper than employing Roeder.Keep some faith and stick with Roeder, but we need investment.  ....Given the fact that investment is not coming (and to be fair you can''t blame Delia for that), keeping Roeder is akin to suicide.  What we really need is a manager with the ability to motivate a team and get a bigger whole than the constituent parts.

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"]Given the fact that investment is not coming (and to be fair you can''t blame Delia for that)[/quote]Can''t we? Spoilsport.

[quote user="CT "]I''m probably going to get slated for this (whats new [:D]) but I actually think with a bit of money and a good assistant coach (who can motivate the players) that Mr. Roeder is a good manager. 13 games isnt a fluke?

He does have his bad points like treating fans like crap and treating Hucks awfully but I''m still prepared to give him a chance.
[/quote]You are probably just feeling a bit tired CT. Remember it was 13 games with squad he has said was worst he had ever been involved with. Honestly CT he is a prime idiot and as a man manager does not seem to be too good.

Ps think they sold all San Jose shirts.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Scot-e-dog"]Given the fact that investment is not coming (and to be fair you can''t blame Delia for that)[/quote]Can''t we? Spoilsport.[/quote]Nah!  I think the irresponsibile banks in the USA should shoulder the lion''s share of the blame for the fact that there is not a great deal of money around right now for the world''s billionaires to squander.Although, I am open to debate about whether Delia should have put the club up for sale somewhat earlier.

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Scot-e-dog"]Given the fact that investment is not coming (and to be fair you can''t blame Delia for that)[/quote]Can''t we? Spoilsport.[/quote]Nah!  I think the irresponsibile banks in the USA should shoulder the lion''s share of the blame for the fact that there is not a great deal of money around right now for the world''s billionaires to squander.Although, I am open to debate about whether Delia should have put the club up for sale somewhat earlier.[/quote]To be fair, those who are rabidly anti-board don''t seem to ever mention the global economic climate, and the fact that almost all clubs outside the Premiership (and even many of those in it, Portsmouth and West Ham I''m looking at you) are suffering huge losses. While it is a mitigating factor, it still shouldn''t be used as a crutch for the current regime to support itself on. I could probably still put up with this board if it hadn''t have been for the ludicrous ''£56m'' saga when Cullum wanted to invest. Knowing as they did quite how bad the club''s finances were (and the fact they were likely to get worse due to aforementioned economic climate - as evidenced when the Turners pulled out), they should have conducted their business directly rather than through the EDP, given Cullum the inside track on how bad a mess we were in, and not let him leave the boardroom until he''d signed something. If he wasn''t prepared to use a chunk of his fortune in the future, why would he have gone public in the first place? Golden tickets like that don''t come along very often, and I fear that the deeper down into this whirlpool we get, the more the current incumbents will come to realise the severity of tearing up that golden ticket while the club (and team) slides ever further downwards.

I know it''s a game of opinions, if you''ll excuse the cliche, but i fail to see how anyone can still think Roeder is a capable manager.

His utterly useless man-management, the constant picking of his favourites, the playing people out of position, the failure to pick his best 11 or even have any idea of what his best 11 is, his squandering of the little cash we do have, his arrogance, his ineptitude in dealing with the media, his constantly naming not a single recongised striker in the starting 11, his consistently contradicting himself, and his track record speak for itself.

The man is utterly hopeless. He quite clearly hasn''t got a clue what he''s doing.

Seriously, those of you saying we should stick with him, what is that based on other than blind faith? Honestly, what is it that you lot have seen in the man that everyone else is missing? I mean that as a serious question, i want to know, maybe i''m missing something here!

[quote user="?"] [quote]

I know it''s a game of opinions, if you''ll excuse the cliche, but i fail to see how anyone can still think Roeder is a capable manager.

His utterly useless man-management, the constant picking of his favourites, the playing people out of position, the failure to pick his best 11 or even have any idea of what his best 11 is, his squandering of the little cash we do have, his arrogance, his ineptitude in dealing with the media, his constantly naming not a single recongised striker in the starting 11, his consistently contradicting himself, and his track record speak for itself.

The man is utterly hopeless. He quite clearly hasn''t got a clue what he''s doing.

Seriously, those of you saying we should stick with him, what is that based on other than blind faith? Honestly, what is it that you lot have seen in the man that everyone else is missing? I mean that as a serious question, i want to know, maybe i''m missing something here!

[/quote] Don''t think you have missed a thing ?.