Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

"arturo lupoli".... "arturo lupoli".....

did anyone hear lupoli say that goal was for the fans........ we must have boosted his confidence yesterday singing his name for so long. i had a feeling that if rodent did eventually put him on he would score. even the first time we started singing his name, someone on the bench told him to start warming up again so he could clap us all. he was so grateful for the support - it was nice to see. before he came on nearly everytime we sang his name he would stand up off the bench and clap us. roeder MUST start him for the next few matches. 

You''re probably right Arturo.  Seeing that we''ve got Sheff Utd (A) next fixture, who are marshalled at the back by Chris ''the elbow'' Morgan, I reckon Roedent will play Russell and / or Sitonyourarseski up front.  Arrogant prat!!!

Why not try something different, like mobile, small nimble strikers against such thugs and play to our strengths (i.e. ball into feet / channels, anything other than ''hit the big man'').

All those fans singing for Lupoli and wishing for a goal scorer on the pitch have obviously been watching too much football on the television and think they are all experts, I would suggest in future they all pipe down and leave it to the real expert! cough!

[quote user="John Boubepo"]All those fans singing for Lupoli and wishing for a goal scorer on the pitch have obviously been watching too much football on the television and think they are all experts, I would suggest in future they all pipe down and leave it to the real expert! cough!
[/quote]

Sorry, I must have missed your tenure with England!!

[quote user="Roed to League 1"]

You''re probably right Arturo.  Seeing that we''ve got Sheff Utd (A) next fixture, who are marshalled at the back by Chris ''the elbow'' Morgan, I reckon Roedent will play Russell and / or Sitonyourarseski up front.  Arrogant prat!!!

Why not try something different, like mobile, small nimble strikers against such thugs and play to our strengths (i.e. ball into feet / channels, anything other than ''hit the big man'').

[/quote]Russell is suspended... but is that enough to force Roeder''s hand? Probably not.

[quote user="glove1"]did anyone hear lupoli say that goal was for the fans........ we must have boosted his confidence yesterday singing his name for so long. i had a feeling that if rodent did eventually put him on he would score. even the first time we started singing his name, someone on the bench told him to start warming up again so he could clap us all. he was so grateful for the support - it was nice to see. before he came on nearly everytime we sang his name he would stand up off the bench and clap us. roeder MUST start him for the next few matches. [/quote]

Also thought he was very appreciative to the fans in the after match interview.Bet that got Roedents back up

[quote user="PBTC"][quote user="Roed to League 1"]

[/quote]

Russell is suspended... but is that enough to force Roeder''s hand? Probably not.
[/quote]

Nahhhh he will play the Doc up front lol

now that arturo is very popular with the fans roeder will definately ship him out, any manager with half a brain would tap into his popularity  to get a bit of momentum going but all roeder would say post match was that arturo hasn`t played much just like all the other clubs he`s been at.  grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr [A]

I heard that apparently Roeder said he will not start Lupoli or Hoolahan next game as they are not a big enough presence. If i am correct, Russell is banned,Lita is gone,Sibierski is going,Martin and Cureton are out on loan and Roeder said he will not bring up Luke Daley yet, that leaves us with only Lupoli but knowing Roeder he will put Russell p front. He is so stubborn and will not accept that his tactics are not working out and that we WANT and NEED lupoli to be starting week in week out.

If Roeder cannot see that Lupoli gives his all every time he is given a chance and scores mostly every game he plays,then Mr Roeder should pack up his things and leave because if Lupoli played for Arsenal under Arsene Wenger, he must be a good player becuase Mr Wenger does not sign rubbish young players. If he was good enough to get on the arsenal bench with players like Henry at the club then i think he should be able to get in our starting eleven with players in our team like Fotheringham and Doherty.

Mr Roeder, please notice that Lupoli is a fan favourite, you should know this by the 3,000 fans singing his name constantly against Charlton and that he has a job to do, and he can do it. Sort out your tactics, play the players in their correct psotions and for goodness sake start lupoli and admit that you have made a mistake over the 5 months of the season for having him on the bench. If you do this people will begin to have confidence in you, knowing that you are playing players that they would start.

Sort it out now or get going.

Come on you yellows !!!

Just listened to the Lups interview on BBC sport website, it''s nice that he dedicated his goal to the fans, nice gesture.  Now all we have to do is hope and pray that Roeder doesn''t drop him for the next game.

[quote user="glove1"]

it was so obvious he needed to play rusty midfield and lupoli up front and drop fozzy. no one is saying lupoli is the next bellamy but at least he has attempts on goal.

[/quote]

Rusty in mid and lupoli up front,dont be daft thats players playing in the correct positions.LOL

The mans hungry to play/score there''s no reason for GR not to play him,Sheffield won''t be easy but could see him thriving on the backing of the fans at Carrow Rd against Barnsley.Only seen the goal the once from the dodgy ITV camaras am i right in thinking he shrugged off two players to get his shot off (sorry what was that roeder he''s to light weight).

[quote user="lynn canary"]

If Roeder cannot see that Lupoli gives his all every time he is given a chance and scores mostly every game he plays,then Mr Roeder should pack up his things and leave

[/quote]

This is about the size of it, if he can''t see that it is extremely worrying.

It seems pretty obvious that a small nippy striker with a good eye for goal and good movement is the last thing that a couple of big hulking centre backs would want to face. Stopping aimless long balls is bread and butter for that kind of defender.

I will be appalled if he is dropped for next week.

I hate that comment from Roeder. Surely the fact Lupoli said "play me or I will have to quit" is enough bloody reason, why should he "prove himself" to you Glenn, the guy WANTS to play. Sibierski up front looks out of place and doesn''t look like he wants it enough, Lupoli has always wanted it in my opinion and his plea to play proves it.

Do us all a favor Glenn and play the poor lad

[quote user="Lincs CR"]I hate that comment from Roeder. Surely the fact Lupoli said "play me or I will have to quit" is enough bloody reason, why should he "prove himself" to you Glenn, the guy WANTS to play. Sibierski up front looks out of place and doesn''t look like he wants it enough, Lupoli has always wanted it in my opinion and his plea to play proves it.

Do us all a favor Glenn and play the poor lad[/quote]i don''t want Roeder to play him

because i don''t even want Roeder to even be the manager to be able to play him.Roeder doesn''t deserve to manage our (once) great club - send him to a Division 2 side i say - can you send managers out on loan?! see how he likes it!!!

[quote user="PBTC"][quote user="Roed to League 1"]

[/quote]Russell is suspended... but is that enough to force Roeder''s hand? Probably not.[/quote]He''ll probably play Lappin.....

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="PBTC"][quote user="Roed to League 1"]

[/quote]

Russell is suspended... but is that enough to force Roeder''s hand? Probably not.
[/quote]

He''ll probably play Lappin.....
[/quote]

Or the Doc lol

We''ve seen how many goals the team scores with Roeder''s selections in the scoring position. We''ve also seen how many goals we score when Roeder decided to play sans striker.  Owen Goal leads the team in scoring.  Lupoli finds the net a lot, esp. considering how little game time he gets.  Even if he is a lightweight, so what?  He''s not there to play defense, and he can make up for lack of size with his speed and agility if given the chance.

Roeder will play him at Sheffield, we won''t score in a crap effort, it will be Lupoli''s fault according to the manager, and we won''t see hide nor hair of him for several more weeks.  I hope I''m wrong.