Sign in to follow this  
barclayboy1902

up to lupoli ??? (to be more like hartson?)

how can he say its upto lupoli if he wants first team football only to go and be critical about his physique “I don''t think he''s ever lost his confidence. He didn''t lack confidence when he scored the goal. But there are other things within his game, within his physique, that have restricted him to not many opportunities.

“The game is very much about power and pace and strength

,how the hell can it be upto him,god made him that way he is naturally small,or does he want him to bulk ala  john hartson

His physical attributes are obviously not a disadvantage; he scored within 8 minutes!
I don''t see Sibi banging them in...Apparently he fits the physical bill that Roeder keeps harping on about. So why has he been so terribly average then, Glen?

because Sibierski is not a striker and Glenn is so naive he doesn''t even realize that! Sibierski''s best position is floating around behind the striker where Hoolahan plays, so he pick it up, hold the ball up and bring others into play. He did this best at Wigan and at Newcastle, why can''t Glenn see it!

There has to be more to it than GR is saying - perhaps something personal. Roeder has preferred Russell, who will never be a striker and who has a scoring rate much worse than Arturo''s.In fact if you compare minutes on the pitch, I suspect that Arturo has a better record than Lita or Sibierski! With five goals, two or three of them vital, Lupoli has arguably far away the best record of them all. What does Roeder want - Lupli knows where to position himself, he can make himself room for a shot, and if he had decent service from a target man I suspect that he would score still more?

he knew his size when he brought him in only to turn around and be suprised by his physique!

when he took over he stated the importance of 6 foot plus players to get us out of the division,if this is your idea then why get lupoli and say hes too small,then hoolahan too small to play more than a game a week

its not there fault good players in their own right need to be played in there correct positions or just played!

[quote user="Ween_Nasty"]

Anyone remember the Tom Hanks film. I think my new pic sums it up.

[/quote]

lol that''s fantastic [:)]

Maybe they could be printed into posters for the next home game?

Roeders comments towards Lupoli are disgusting,what the hell is "it''s up to him you can''t get closer to playing than being on the bench" supposed to mean,Roeder''s starting games without a striker.And as for "you have to be a brick s**t house to do your job" he realy aint got a clue doing your job as a striker is scoring goals which 5 from 7 suggest Aurturo is more than capable of doing,the only fool not doing his job is you Mr Roeder so stop talking drizzle get your ass into the market get the two CB''s we need & striker that will gel alongside Aurturo [:#]    

Roeder seems to be more concerned with the journey than the destination.  This is great if you''re on a voyage of discovery, but crap if all you need to do is get there.A striker''s destination is goals (or at the very least a hat full of assists) - that''s is why they existA striker''s journey can follow many paths (such as big and strong, or small and nippy), but as long as you reach the destination, it ultimately doesn''t matter.The Club''s destination is results.  We cannot afford (financially as much as anything) to go on a voyage of discovery (let''s call it "Roeder''s Flight of Fancy"), especially if it takes us to League 1 and the "Land of Insolvency".This is actually a classic mistake in management across all walks of life - confusing the end with the means.

this from a man who thinks darel russell is a forward .Roeder you knob , ever seen michael owen ? you know nothing about footballers and human beings , please just go .

Roeders statement would be fair if his point was proven. As it happens, his goal to minute ratio is very good, and he looks capable of scoring. Pace, power and strength are needed somewhere in the squad, but it would be unrealistic to expect all 16 players to have all 3. Anyway, pace doesn''t really work, i wouldnt call Lupoli slow.

[quote user="barclayboy1902"]

how can he say its upto lupoli if he wants first team football only to go and be critical about his physique “I don''t think he''s ever lost his confidence. He didn''t lack confidence when he scored the goal. But there are other things within his game, within his physique, that have restricted him to not many opportunities.“The game is very much about power and pace and strength

,how the hell can it be upto him,god made him that way he is naturally small,or does he want him to bulk ala  john hartson

[/quote]so wtf sign lupes, hooley and for that matter use sibs as a target man - when he not big enough to compete in aerial challenges with great big hulking champs defenders??? eh??? eh??? answer me that one???

It''s a good job Roeder didnt have more of a say at Arsenal when he was doing some work there last year. Theo Walcott would be too small, not physical enough to cope with big bruising centre halfs, they''d have stuck with Nicklas Bendtner up front for 2 more years; and we''d have been left with Darren Bent up front in Croatia; and almost certainly no matching winning hat-trick....!!

ROEDER OUT