Sign in to follow this  
we8wba

Why did norwich wear old style shirt?

Very reasonable and mature answers [:|]

I''m not too sure. Something relating to a cup run in the 1950''s. Obviously I wasn''t around then. I''m sure some of the older posters can give you more information. But basically we went on a cup run wearing that shirt in the 1950''s so it was in recognition of that. That is all I know.

Because of our famous 1959 cup run when we were a mere Division 3 Club reaching the FA Cup Semi-Final.

I think we''re the only club to celebrate reaching a semi-final.......

cheers shaun,

guessing the year you won the cup then. wondered if 100 years or something like that like barca the other year

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Worf"]becoz.............. ur gay[/quote]

Very mature [:|]

[/quote]

sorry dad

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

Very reasonable and mature answers [:|]

I''m not too sure. Something relating to a cup run in the 1950''s. Obviously I wasn''t around then. I''m sure some of the older posters can give you more information. But basically we went on a cup run wearing that shirt in the 1950''s so it was in recognition of that. That is all I know.

[/quote]

I think these answers are pre emptive strikes against the Wolves wierdo who is taking the mick out of NCFC''s ''59 achievement. He has over 4,000 posts and I think it is safe to say he read the Pink Un article relating to this matter.

I don''t agree with either of the immature posts.

The reason they wore the shirts is because WE8 is fat.

[quote user="we8wba"]

cheers shaun,

guessing the year you won the cup then. wondered if 100 years or something like that like barca the other year

[/quote]we didnt winwe got knocked out in the semi final replay by luton town?

[quote user="we8wba"]

cheers shaun,

[/quote]

,.....AND THERE COMES THE PI$$ TAKE

[quote user="Ween_Nasty"][quote user="we8wba"]

cheers shaun,

[/quote]

[/quote]Still think we should be on our best behaviour to we8 shaun?

there no hidden agenda here, i remember you guys mentioning it like 4 or 5 months ago but not looking at posts, then only remembered when seen highlights

[quote user="CT "][quote user="Ween_Nasty"][quote user="we8wba"]

cheers shaun,

[/quote]

[/quote]

Still think we should be on our best behaviour to we8 shaun?
[/quote]

Yes, why rise to it if you think he''s taking the wet?  It''s so simple to just scroll past his posts.

If a certain poster gets on my nerves I don''t reply, just scroll past, it''s not difficult [;)]

[quote user="CT "][quote user="Ween_Nasty"][quote user="we8wba"]

cheers shaun,

[/quote]

[/quote]

Still think we should be on our best behaviour to we8 shaun?
[/quote]

To be honest C.T. I was generally talking about the ''your gay'' post when I sarcastically said it was mature. Anyway, that''s besides the point. I don''t see how he is taking the pi$$ unless you have read it differently to me. I haven''t read the article on the front page about it so I don''t know why We8 would have.
I also don''t see how that^^ is taking the pi$$ either. To me he means Barcelona did something similar not long ago to mark 100 years of something.

WE8WBA - honest question, which i am sure you''ve probably answered beforedo you post on any other teams message boards? if not, why Norwich? just curious

[quote user="Flinty"]WE8WBA - honest question, which i am sure you''ve probably answered before

do you post on any other teams message boards? if not, why Norwich?

just curious
[/quote]

sheffutd because i like winding them up, wolves obviously, and then just general football forum

thing is people say how much time it is to post etc....not case, favourtise the forum, log on details saved, all have to do is sign in search box we8 or we8ba or wolves - comment on those who last typed my name in post. then quick search current top posts takes all of 2mins

why norwich? first come across when eastwood/sharp both heavily linked between the pair of our clubs, keep it on the quiet but this is best and easiest messageboard to be able to used. posts frequently replied to within seconds when sheffutd hard to log on and search posts then takes them 2 hours to get 2 or 3 views let alone replies

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]why do Wolves fans all wear Burberry?[/quote]

got us mixed up with coventry by any chance! if not, i certainly havnt, dont and wont wear burberry

Here''s a vid of the latter rounds of the run, sadly not including the thumping of one of Man Utd''s best teams of the past.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7NNiTJ5Vh4As for those (NCFC Shaun) who have no idea about what the club achieved, I''m frankly amazed you''ve never had sufficient interest in your club to try and find out. 5 minutes research could''ve shown you all you needed to know. It was a truly amazing feat given the mostly 1st division opposition faced

1st Rd.

Norwich City   3–1      Ilford

2nd Rd.

Swindon Town 1-1 Norwich City

Replay

Norwich City   1–0      Swindon Town

3rd Rd

Norwich City   3–0      Manchester

United

4th Rd

Norwich City   3–2      Cardiff City

5th Rd

Tottenham Hotspur 1- 1 Norwich City

Replay

Norwich City 1–0 Tottenham

Hotspur

6th Rd

Sheffield United 1–1    Norwich

City

Replay

Norwich City 3–2 Sheffield

United

Semi Final

Luton Town 1–1 Norwich City

Replay

Norwich City   0–1      Luton Town

Luton lost the final to Forest - who went 2 -0 up in the first 15 minute but played much of the game with 10 men (broken leg - no subs allowed in those days). FT 2-1.

I''ll have quick butchers off that when on net tonight at home when darts on

cant get it on current pc at work - wont allow me watch any clips which require the player technology

Grubbstein, 3 quick points

DONT MAKE ME DIG UP OLD PICTURES OF YOU.

LEAVE US ALONE 

TRY TO MAINTAIN A NEGATIVE ENERGY BALANCE AND LETS GET THAT BMI BACK DOWN UNDER 40 HEY?

broken leg victim was Elton John;s uncle

We were robbed against Luton - disallowed goal incorrectly - we would have been at wembley