Delia, When Do I Start??

we need a striker...

aged 26

6ft 2 in height

English

i give you

(drum roll)

Rickie Lambert,

he has got a great scoring record athis last 2 clubs (bristol city-current & rochdale)

at rochdale he netted 28 times in 64 appearences = a goal every 2.2 games!!!

at bristol city he has netted 18 times this season alone! but in total he has scored 38 goals in 99 games!!=thats equal to a goal every 2.6 games!!

we may be able to get his services for around 500k and he could turn out  to be someone very special!

I have seen him in a few games and he really looks hungry and eagar to score!!

Come on Glenn take a punt on him!!

This is actually a good shout. I remember Ricky Lambert from Bristol Rovers V Southampton in the FA Cup last season and he looked useful then. And he can''t be worse than Russell as a striker. However, with the recent signing of Cort, I doubt we''ll be making a move for him. Defenders I would''ve thought, particularly a Centre back, are much more likely to be appearing at Carrow Road this month.

I would be happy if we signed him, he''d compliment Lupoli brilliantly, plus he weighs in with a hell of alot of goals. And to people who say he might not make the step up between Champonship and league 1, we are playing league 1 standard football at the moment, so it wouldn''t make any difference.

I know him very well. He is strong, very good at set pieces, and good at creating chances for smaller faster strikers. He has an extremely hard shot. In some ways he is like Dean Asthon or Rooney. He has come on a great deal as a player over the last year or 2. He is thought to have been taking it easy the last couple of weeks because he might move during the transfer window and won''t want to get injured.

Perhaps offer Chris Martin & Jamie Cureton in P/X?

If we offer Martin and Cureton in part exchange it''s just going to push the price up!