Sign in to follow this  
steve b

Why Hasn't He Gone Yet

I can only hope the reason that Glen Roeder hasn''t gone yet is because the board are in a meeting with him now putting pressure on him to resign (with a few quid in his back pocket). I believe thats what happened with Grant, if i remember correctly he went the night after we lost to QPR,

"Glen your results are very poor and we suggest that you consider your position"

"you''ve been watching too much tv Delia you think your a pundit"

"get out Glenn you bloody fool"

lesser of two evils i think ... if he stays we would financially suffer if we go down.

if he goes if would cost us to get rid of him!!!

agreed with what you said the guys a tool.

I could be wrong, but I somehow don''t think he is going anywhere soon.

Ohhhhhhh slight OT, Ian Butterworth has just been on TV, that''s a blast from the past lol

[quote user="singing canary"]

lesser of two evils i think ... if he stays we would financially suffer if we go down.

if he goes if would cost us to get rid of him!!!

agreed with what you said the guys a tool.

[/quote]i think they know if they want maximum season ticket sales that they have to get rid and quick as the forms come out early feb don''t they?

[quote user="singing canary"]with big andy linighan at the back  ..when we were good.[/quote]

Ahhhhhhhh good memories there of good players, oh how I wish we could turn back time [:(]

Its times like these that we need the press and media to put pressure on the board and let the board of directors know how the majority of fans, have had enough of Roeder. Again they are leaving things too late, just like they did with Grant and they actually admitted this too! They have to act NOW!

[quote user="colneycanary"]Its times like these that we need the press and media to put pressure on the board and let the board of directors know how the majority of fans, have had enough of Roeder. Again they are leaving things too late, just like they did with Grant and they actually admitted this too! They have to act NOW![/quote]

So the majority of fans want him out do they ?? not me - not unless we have a new board and investment to go with it.

Appreciate I may be in the minority on this web forum - but i know for sure that most of the supporters I know realise the main problem is the Board. Yes getting rid of Roeder may appease those out for his head - but i suppose you''ll be the ones shouting for the next manager to lose his job in 9 months time, when results haven''t changed due to lack of player budget, and the next one after that (maybe you''ll be more generous with him and give him 10 months..)..

By all means change the manager when we have a new board in place - but nothing will fundamentally change unless we have new owners..

I highly doubt the board want Roeder out:

He comes up with answers to any questions.

He has his own plans laid out.

And the board cannot afford to sack him.

[quote user="The Judge"]

[quote user="colneycanary"]Its times like these that we need the press and media to put pressure on the board and let the board of directors know how the majority of fans, have had enough of Roeder. Again they are leaving things too late, just like they did with Grant and they actually admitted this too! They have to act NOW![/quote]

So the majority of fans want him out do they ?? not me - not unless we have a new board and investment to go with it.

Appreciate I may be in the minority on this web forum - but i know for sure that most of the supporters I know realise the main problem is the Board. Yes getting rid of Roeder may appease those out for his head - but i suppose you''ll be the ones shouting for the next manager to lose his job in 9 months time, when results haven''t changed due to lack of player budget, and the next one after that (maybe you''ll be more generous with him and give him 10 months..)..

By all means change the manager when we have a new board in place - but nothing will fundamentally change unless we have new owners..

[/quote]

There are loads of managers who have done more with less money - he''s just not made the most out of the money he''s had and not got the most out of the players either. There is a reason that the majority of fans of each team he''s managed feel the same about him. It''s not so much the results that get to me (although obviously that is incredibly important!) - but his attitude and the way in which he has behaved. I would give him more time if he wasn''t so rude to everyone and about everyone and as he has clearly lost the dressing room and the fans, I can''t see any future for him here so why drag it out more than necessary?!

[quote user="The Judge"]

[/quote]I dont think most people do think the board is the main problem.How is the board, or the player budget which is certainly in the top half of this division, our main problem when we have struggled desperately for goals all season whilst our all-knowing manager has frozen out the most effective goal scorer at the club for over three months?I grew up watching Norwich when we really had no money. When managers had to play youngsters, or find good but cheap players in the lower leagues, or surprise, surprise, coach, organise and motivate the players that they already had rather than destroy their confidence as Roeder does.There are still mangers around who do these things and produce decent sides on far less money than Roeder has wasted but Roeder doesn''t have these qualities. In fact its pretty hard to identify any qualities that he does have, and I say that as someone who at the time thought he was a good appointment. A lot of people on here predicted he would be a one season wonder, which seemed to me to be harsh, but sadly they were spectacularily correct.He needs to go, and before he wastes any more of that budget that you are so concerned about. 

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"][quote user="The Judge"]

[/quote]

I dont think most people do think the board is the main problem.

How is the board, or the player budget which is certainly in the top half of this division, our main problem when we have struggled desperately for goals all season whilst our all-knowing manager has frozen out the most effective goal scorer at the club for over three months?

I grew up watching Norwich when we really had no money. When managers had to play youngsters, or find good but cheap players in the lower leagues, or surprise, surprise, coach, organise and motivate the players that they already had rather than destroy their confidence as Roeder does.

There are still mangers around who do these things and produce decent sides on far less money than Roeder has wasted but Roeder doesn''t have these qualities. In fact its pretty hard to identify any qualities that he does have, and I say that as someone who at the time thought he was a good appointment. A lot of people on here predicted he would be a one season wonder, which seemed to me to be harsh, but sadly they were spectacularily correct.

He needs to go, and before he wastes any more of that budget that you are so concerned about.

[/quote]

Yes I agree there could well be a manager or coach out there that may well make the current crop of players perform better. Are you however saying you know who this manager is ?? - if you do great... write in and tell the board (i.e. the same board who asked for ideas at the AGM) who they should appoint - but lets not forget that just because a manager has been good at one club doesn''t necessarily mean he will be good at Norwich. There are only a handful of managers that can move around clubs and be successful - there are far more that have tried and failed (and with a budget to change the team aswell). 

Also let not forget getting rid of Roeder will mean a pay off - using up any money we may have - money I would rather have spend on the team...

I''m not saying he is doing well - infact in an ideal world I would love to have him replaced by some who will give us a greater chance of success - but I stand by the fact that until the board are replaced any change in manager is likely to do more damage than good

[quote] but I stand by the fact that until the board are replaced any change in manager is likely to do more damage than good[/quote]

The majority shareholders are looking for a way out - hence their contact with Harris.  It''s an almost impossible thing to expect anyone to take over a club at the moment, even Cullum who was reputedly worth 1.7 billion in October 07 has lost interest.  Roeder is far easier to replace than the board, and with a 1 in 3 win average, and current form of W3 D0 L7 F14 A19 Pts9, thats nearly 2 goals conceded per game for the last 10 matches, it''s going to be squeaky bum time at the end of the season unless things improve.  That can either happen with backing for the manager in the transfer window (and we do need a central defender, a central midfielder and a decent striker at least), or by bringing someone new in.  We don''t have the scope to bring in half a team though, and with Roeder in charge, that might be what we''d have to do to improve things, as too many key players aren''t performing week in, week out.

ok, let''s try that again without the formatting problems.

The majority shareholders are looking for a way out - hence their contact with Harris.  It''s an almost impossible thing to expect anyone to take over a club at the moment, even Cullum who was reputedly worth 1.7 billion in October 07 has lost interest.  Roeder is far easier to replace than the board, and with a 1 in 3 win average, and current form of W 3 D 0 L 7 F 14 A19 Pts 9, thats nearly 2 goals conceded per game for the last 10 matches,  it''s going to be squeaky bum time at the end of the season unless things improve.  That can either happen with backing for the manager in the transfer window (and we do need a central defender, a central midfielder and a decent striker at least), or by bringing someone new in.  We don''t have the scope to bring in half a team though, and with Roeder in charge, that might be what we''d have to do to improve things, as too many key players aren''t performing week in, week out.

the players we have are decent players, the problem is roeder can''t get the best out of them, maybe because he doesn''t play them in their proper positions and loans them out, he doesn''t include them in the SQUAD sometimes or he''s just putting them down and they play with no confidence, somebody can come in and do the complete opposite of glenn roeder and get us going in the right direction!

Lookin'' at our next fixtures, Sheffield Utd away - get it right this time and again in the cup !Barnsley and Southampton at home - must win gamesThen Doncaster away - another must win gameI feel if we don''t pick up at least 9 points from a possible 12 in these matches. It will be time for a change.

[quote user="The Judge"][quote user="Creative Midfielder"][quote user="The Judge"]

[/quote]I dont think most people do think the board is the main problem.How is the board, or the player budget which is certainly in the top half of this division, our main problem when we have struggled desperately for goals all season whilst our all-knowing manager has frozen out the most effective goal scorer at the club for over three months?I grew up watching Norwich when we really had no money. When managers had to play youngsters, or find good but cheap players in the lower leagues, or surprise, surprise, coach, organise and motivate the players that they already had rather than destroy their confidence as Roeder does.There are still mangers around who do these things and produce decent sides on far less money than Roeder has wasted but Roeder doesn''t have these qualities. In fact its pretty hard to identify any qualities that he does have, and I say that as someone who at the time thought he was a good appointment. A lot of people on here predicted he would be a one season wonder, which seemed to me to be harsh, but sadly they were spectacularily correct.He needs to go, and before he wastes any more of that budget that you are so concerned about. [/quote]

Yes I agree there could well be a manager or coach out there that may well make the current crop of players perform better. Are you however saying you know who this manager is ?? - if you do great... write in and tell the board (i.e. the same board who asked for ideas at the AGM) who they should appoint - but lets not forget that just because a manager has been good at one club doesn''t necessarily mean he will be good at Norwich. There are only a handful of managers that can move around clubs and be successful - there are far more that have tried and failed (and with a budget to change the team aswell). 

Also let not forget getting rid of Roeder will mean a pay off - using up any money we may have - money I would rather have spend on the team...

I''m not saying he is doing well - infact in an ideal world I would love to have him replaced by some who will give us a greater chance of success - but I stand by the fact that until the board are replaced any change in manager is likely to do more damage than good

[/quote]I''m not saying that I could necessarily make the right appointment. As you point out even a manager who has been successful at one club wont automatically be successful at the next but there are managers out there who are doing precisely what I described. Simon Grayson, obviously no longer available, is a prime example of the sort of person I had in mind but are others out there.IMO replacing the manager, risky though it may be, is still our best chance of avoiding relegation this season. If we keep Roeder to the end of the season then we are looking at a high probability of relegation (plus dramatic fall in season ticket sales). Even if there were an alternative to the board waiting in the wings, which frankly seems unlikely then by the time they had taken over and brought a manager in (6 - 8 weeks at least) it would be too late to save the season.So I would still go with the current board changing the manager as our best option. My main worry would be that although, unlike many it would seem, I think the board has got a lot more right over the years than its got wrong, the one area that I would accept that they have a very poor record in is appointing managers.

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"][quote user="The Judge"][quote user="Creative Midfielder"][quote user="The Judge"]

[/quote]

I dont think most people do think the board is the main problem.

How is the board, or the player budget which is certainly in the top half of this division, our main problem when we have struggled desperately for goals all season whilst our all-knowing manager has frozen out the most effective goal scorer at the club for over three months?

I grew up watching Norwich when we really had no money. When managers had to play youngsters, or find good but cheap players in the lower leagues, or surprise, surprise, coach, organise and motivate the players that they already had rather than destroy their confidence as Roeder does.

There are still mangers around who do these things and produce decent sides on far less money than Roeder has wasted but Roeder doesn''t have these qualities. In fact its pretty hard to identify any qualities that he does have, and I say that as someone who at the time thought he was a good appointment. A lot of people on here predicted he would be a one season wonder, which seemed to me to be harsh, but sadly they were spectacularily correct.

He needs to go, and before he wastes any more of that budget that you are so concerned about.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not saying that I could necessarily make the right appointment. As you point out even a manager who has been successful at one club wont automatically be successful at the next but there are managers out there who are doing precisely what I described. Simon Grayson, obviously no longer available, is a prime example of the sort of person I had in mind but are others out there.

IMO replacing the manager, risky though it may be, is still our best chance of avoiding relegation this season. If we keep Roeder to the end of the season then we are looking at a high probability of relegation (plus dramatic fall in season ticket sales). Even if there were an alternative to the board waiting in the wings, which frankly seems unlikely then by the time they had taken over and brought a manager in (6 - 8 weeks at least) it would be too late to save the season.

So I would still go with the current board changing the manager as our best option. My main worry would be that although, unlike many it would seem, I think the board has got a lot more right over the years than its got wrong, the one area that I would accept that they have a very poor record in is appointing managers.
[/quote]they themselves will admit that to you if you ask, email doncaster with your questions and he''ll answer them!

I ask myself that everyday!

Hopefully the end will come soon, though I just hope a Charlton replay victory which is not a nailed on cert how we are at present doesn''t cloud the boards judgement and give the prat more time!

Roeder out!

Roeder is an experienced manger who no what he is doing who do you propose we bring in who will do a better job (realistically) because who is going to want to manage a team struggling at the bottom of the championship with hardly any money

besides roeder needs time to grow a good team and you can start to see that by how he is bringing in young players

[quote user="Danny NCFC 4 life"]

Roeder is an experienced manger who no what he is doing who do you propose we bring in who will do a better job (realistically) because who is going to want to manage a team struggling at the bottom of the championship with hardly any money

besides roeder needs time to grow a good team and you can start to see that by how he is bringing in young players

[/quote]

Roeder is experienced alright, experienced in his 2nd year at a few of his clubs of almost and or taking clubs down.  He''s had over a year in charge and the signs of improvement are where?  He''s now got his team after getting rid of most of Grants, they are his players (albeit loans mostly). 

And how much time do you think we should give GR? 

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Danny NCFC 4 life"]

[/quote]

Roeder is experienced alright, experienced in his 2nd year at a few of his clubs of almost and or taking clubs down.  He''s had over a year in charge and the signs of improvement are where?  He''s now got his team after getting rid of most of Grants, they are his players (albeit loans mostly). 

[/quote]Precisley!

Roeders managerial record from Gillingham, Watford, West Ham, Newcastle right through to us doesn''t make for good reading.  I wouldn''t want him in charge of my village sunday team!

The team  now is the Roeder has built for 15 months now and the improvement might be there in terms of looking good knocking the ball sideways in midfield all day but results are not getting better!

Poor signings, releasing players who shouldn''t of been, poor loan signing no better than what we''ve already got, atrocious people skills which has rubbed everyone up the wrong way, rubbish tactics, not playing his best 11 are the reasons why Roeder should be removed as our manager ASAP!

His arrogance and general horrible persona I could cope with if the teams results were good but they aren''t. For example Ron Saunders wasn''t a particularly nice person but he was a good successfull manager Roeder will never be!

There would of cue of managers more capable than Roeder wanting to take over!

[quote user="singing canary"]

i got canaries classics on dvd for xmas , ..... memories in the corners of my mind...

now we have a classic clown.

[/quote]

Likewise, well got NCFC''s 150 Greatest Goals for the Old Man for Xmas. If I heard him say "That was when we used to have outstanding players/household names" once on Xmas morning as we watched it, I heard it 150 times!!!! Was great to see some of the old greats banging ''em in. Goss'' wonder volley vs Leeds still stuns me now & the applaud from the Leeds fans afterwards.

Ah well, new heroes & all that malarkey!

Personally, I think that the board are too busy worrying about their own plans rather than those of the club.
From what I''ve heard, Doncaster is pretty focused on getting a permanent place within the FA. If that''s the case, why would he care about the disaster that''s developing around him.
By the way, Andy Cullen (the former Head of Sales and Marketing) has been touted as his replacement; hasn''t gone to plan at MK.
Don''t take that as gospel though. The person who told me would be really well informed, but these things have ways of being blown out of proportion.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Danny NCFC 4 life"]

[/quote]

[/quote]he shouldn''t still be here. not a case of how long.he''s had some of the best club facilities! and i reckon he''s had more money than a lot of other clubs in the championship (only speculation), but done naft all with it!he''s gotta go. Obviously Delia & Co aren''t rich enough to take us forward (i believe she would give the money, if she had it) so they need to go as well.however, in the current economic climate i doubt we are going to find a buyer anytime soon, therefore the boost the players would get from a new manager is maybe just what we need.i know it is maybe short-termist, but to avoid relegation is the main priority this season