Sign in to follow this  
jim blair

Fotheringham

here we go again..worst player on the pitch again today, yet good enough to captain Norwich city..totally bizarre..whatever does he have on Roeder.?

Can''t comment as I did not see him play or hear it on the radio, didyou see it, or is it just a random Fozzy hate thingy.

It annoys me with Fozzy, last year he was very good and made us tick, we all prayed that he would sign a new contract, so what is wrong with him this season?

Is it GR and has made him lose his confidence? 

Have we changed our playing style?

Has he been shown up by Rusty and Clingfilm?

Was our team that bad last season that he was made to look good?

Or is it the dreaded captaincy?

As I''ve said before... if he''s not good enough to be considered first choice (which he isn''t at the moment) then how can he be your captain?

Something ain''t right there.

I was there today and Fozzy was an utter joke - barely touched the ball and when he did it was crap. useless tw*t and should be shipped off asap.

Wasn''t he not supposed to be playing today anyway, going on reports in this morning''s EDP?

Did anyone read in said report when ''Fozzy'' went to see the manager saying how he couldn''t play but wanted to be there when we win?

Yeah right...sounds like a school pupil, what a sad tw*t and if this is how he gets in the team by spouting such crap to the manager then God help us.

Hoolahan played it in to Fotheringham who touched it on to Lupoli I think.

[quote user="kick it off"]I was there today and Fozzy was an utter joke - barely touched the ball and when he did it was crap. useless tw*t and should be shipped off asap.
[/quote]  100% correct assesment of his performance today KIO.

[quote user="PBTC"]Hoolahan played it in to Fotheringham who touched it on to Lupoli I think.
[/quote]

It was at the other end to the away fans, and it was difficult to see who actually got the touch to Lupoli.

Fotheringham was as good as invisible all game so it''s understanderable if he wasn''t picked up by the Charlton players.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

[quote user="PBTC"]Hoolahan played it in to Fotheringham who touched it on to Lupoli I think.[/quote]

It was at the other end to the away fans, and it was difficult to see who actually got the touch to Lupoli.

Fotheringham was as good as invisible all game so it''s understanderable if he wasn''t picked up by the Charlton players.

[/quote]Hmm, maybe has has a cloaking device like the Klingon warships.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

It annoys me with Fozzy, last year he was very good and made us tick, we all prayed that he would sign a new contract, so what is wrong with him this season?

[/quote]

We all prayed? Sorry CinB but I have NEVER prayed or even deeply desired Fotheringham to sign a new contract. I saw both him and Lappin play soon after Grant signed the pair - there seemed to be a gulf in skill between them. (Until Lappin was put at LB that is). In fairness, Fotheringham wasn''t fit and took a while to lose weight - and I still think he "tires" when playing regularly. I have no objection to Fotheringham being on our books and on our bench - he can come on and do a job when needed. Sometimes he works very hard indeed. Usually he is ineffective. A clue is in his past: he was ''released'' from previous contracts (Scotland and Europe clubs) and when he came back to the UK he had to hunt around. I read (via Google) he was turned down by Leeds and Southampton - and I think Rangers (no big surprise there). Grant couldn''t be choosy - and I am sure his wages are a lot lower than Lappin''s - who was virtually out of contract but still wanted by his then existing club St Mirren). He is behind Russell in all departments (with the possible exception of keeping a cool head) and not even in the same event as Clingan.

Actually, the poor chap really illustrates our predicament: he is not so good that Roeder has any excuse for being so fixated with him and if he is really the best captain we can put forward.....

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

Can''t comment as I did not see him play or hear it on the radio, didyou see it, or is it just a random Fozzy hate thingy.

Is it GR and has made him lose his confidence? 

Have we changed our playing style?

Was our team that bad last season that he was made to look good?

Or is it the dreaded captaincy?

[/quote]

shown up by rusty i doubt that, he has been just as bad this season!

i mean i hate our fans bad mouth  our own players, but its thats what they want to do then rusty has got a way very lightly, he has been awful this season!

The thing everyone forgets is how crap they would be, and he is not a first team regular, HE IS STILL A PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLER, not the best at are club by a long shot, but still good enough

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]The thing everyone forgets is how crap they would be, and he is not a first team regular, HE IS STILL A PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLER, not the best at are club by a long shot, but still good enough
[/quote] Good enough for what ?

[quote user="jim blair"]here we go again..worst player on the pitch again today, yet good enough to captain Norwich city..totally bizarre..whatever does he have on Roeder.?[/quote]

Mucky polaroids?

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]To be in the squad, and play when needed
[/quote]

but there''s the rub. he DOESN''T play when needed.

He wanders around watching the game pass him by.

He is absolute dross.

Had high hopes for Fozzy when he signed for another year but has been very disappointing this time around.  There were games last year when if Fozzy played well, the team played well too (the second half at Barnsley last Jan sticks in the mind).  I''d be surprised if he''s kept on in the summer unless his form improves dramatically.