Sign in to follow this  
LORD FOXY LOWE

Simon Lappin

"Simon knows that long-term he hasn''t got a future here"

"And he accepts that. But I would have to say that I have to give him a lot of credit because he is a model professional."

"He''s a really, really honest lad; he''s

working hard and he deservedly came back into the squad. I wouldn''t be

worried about playing him if I had to."

So what is Roeder''s problem with Lappin? The quotes above contradict

each other. It either means he doesn''t rate him or

he''s being stubborn because he slated the guy after the Plymouth game

and is his little reminder to everyone about how bad the club was under

Grant. If it''s because he doesn''t rate him,  he''s not a good judge of

players. I always thought Lappin was one of our more technically gifted

players and there''s really not much between him and Patterson, except

that Roeder signed Patterson. If it''s his stubborness (which is my

suspicion) then this man is not fit to be manger of anything let alone

our football club, yes our football club not his. There''s been alot

said about his treatment of players (Huckerby, Cureton, Hoolahan, Lupoli etc) but the whole Lappin thing stinks

of a stubborn idiot who has zero man management skills and is dragging the morale of players and fans to new depths. The only reason we won against Ipswitch is because it was a local derby the players knew they could not afford to loose. They (the players) got themsleves up for that game, not Roeder. The exact same team played against Forrest and look what happened, apathy. I think Roeder is loosing the dressing room and the more he puts his foot in it with these kind of personal comments in the press the sooner he''ll be gone. I''ve been on the keep the faith side for a long time and I''d hate to see us change our manger yet again but this man is too much for me to bear.

I would question whether he''s consistently had the majority of the dressing room with him from the outset.  As I''ve said (and others too), the real problem for Roeder was losing Clark - I got the distinct impression that the players liked, respected ad would play for him.  With his deserved promotion (a strange word to use on this forum), Roeder''s weaknesses are fully exposed to his squad, the fans and quite probably the players he will be ''trying'' to attract to paper over the craters in his current squad.  Desperate times indeed.

From a personal point of veiw i belive yes Clarke was a big part of the changing room but a bigger part was Dion(big role not just on the pitch keeping us up last year) thats why GR wanted him to sign another year contract because he made GR''s job so much easyer,you can fully understand why any player would would respect and feel in envy of being in the same changing room as this man.As for GR''s comments what was the one on BBC RN after the game all about? "Didn''t want a replay until we went a goal behind". 

[quote user="LORD FOXY LOWE"]"....... If it''s because he doesn''t rate him,  he''s not a good judge of

players. .........[/quote]Nor do many on here rate him. Perhaps team selection should be done with a voting system just prior to the match?

I really feel for the lad, we''ve all seen he''s a capable player at this level, and he''s got a wicked left foot. Clearly not wanted by Glenn, shame he can''t be a real man in this and put his pride aside for the sake of the Club.

Lappins not a world beater but hes done the business for us in the past and with us being so rubbish this season to just freeze him out when hes still about is ludicrous!

Hes better we''re than numourous loanees we''ve had including Bertrand who plays down the same left hand side. If we were as skint as what we''re lead to believe then Bertrand wouldn''t be here cause we''d have Lappin in squad as back up to the left sided players!

Another example of Roeders poor decision making and general lack of man management!

RoederOUT!

Reading what Roeder has said smacks of an arrogance and stubborness I thought I''d left in the school playground when I left primary school.

You''d think Roeder had been on a 20 match unbeaten run and keeping pace with Wolves, Birmingham and Reading by the way he''s talking.

[quote user="Binky"]

There''s already a (much viewed) thread running further down this first page. Someone has even set up a facebook group for him:

http://en-gb.facebook.com/group.php?gid=35493783674

(he''s rapidly assuming cult status - maybe we should adopt him as our matchday mascot?. Glenn might enjoy that...)

[/quote]Speaking of facebook theres a group dedicated to delia.... anyone else thinking what I''m thinking?

"Simon Lappin''s name appeared on the Norwich City teamsheet for the first time in 12 months in Saturday''s FA Cup tie at Charlton - but a first team return is not just around the corner". (Full Story by David Cuffley)

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED05%20Jan%202009%2010%3A45%3A23%3A680

Good old Glenn! Does this mean Lupoli can still go too?

Funny how Rodent says he has no future at the club. If you ask me Lappin has more of a future than Roeder!

Been trawling the old Pink Un reports to see when Lappin was first asked to play left back. Under Duffy he dropped back there to accommodate Huckerby on the left for the mid-week Burnley away match but was reinstated in the midfield on the Saturday for the away defeat to WBA. The following week was the 2-2 fightback against Town under Roeder and Lappin was again asked to play full back (no Adam Drury).

In all these reports Lappin gets decent write ups for his midfield role –especially for his corner kicks and dead ball deliveries and also for defending. These 3 are from that Ipswich (Roeder’s first) game:

"City should have cut the gap a minute before the break when Lappin''s cross caused a mad scramble, in which Chadwick worked the ball to Cureton, only for the striker to poke a second golden chance past the post when it seemed easier to score."

"It was Hartson’s determination that won the corner from which City reduced the arrears after 54 minutes. Lappin’s inswinging kick was met by the head of another loan player, debutant Martin Taylor, and his header took another deflection off Garvan on its way past Alexander."

"But with Chadwick and Cureton substituted, City lost a little momentum in the final 15 minutes and a game they should have won could still have been lost. Lappin headed off the line from Walters after 77 minutes."

Chadwick was MoM. The next match was the infamous Plymouth away match when Lappin was once again asked to play LB...…