Sign in to follow this  
jetstream

Hoolahan - target for Leeds?

"Leeds boss Simon Grayson is plotting a £300,000 move for Norwich midfielder Wes Hoolahan. (The Sun)"

...according to bbc gossip site.

Strange one - can only have come from his agent surely? Trying to stir the pot for another pay day?

Would you take £300k for Wes right now?

No way would i sell Hoolahan and certainly not for £300K. He is a great little player who under the right manager would be a star for us.

[quote user="jetstream"]I agree, I wouldn''t sell him. Hopefully this is just ''paper talk''.[/quote]

Agreed. Wouldn''t sell for less than £750k.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Paper talk and nothing unusual, in the same way that we were linked with half of Newcastle''s squad when Roeder took over....
[/quote]

Can''t remember Grayson ever managing City.

Ummmm....I wonder what his contract says about a sell on trigger price. Just like we ued when we brought him here! I wonder if Simon Grayson knows what that figure is? I wonder if Wes''s agent has mentioned it. I wonder if it''s £300k.....

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

[quote user="jetstream"]I agree, I wouldn''t sell him. Hopefully this is just ''paper talk''.[/quote]

Agreed. Wouldn''t sell for less than £750k.

[/quote]

Err? Hooli had a £250 grand escape clause at Blackpool, maybe he has one here too!

If it is true that he has a sell on clause I hope It''s not as stupid as the one Earnie had in his.To be honest I don''t think you can really blame Hoolahan or his agent if they are shopping around; he came here expecting to be playing regular football for a much improved side.

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Paper talk and nothing unusual, in the same way that we were linked with half of Newcastle''s squad when Roeder took over....[/quote]

Can''t remember Grayson ever managing City.

[/quote]I hope that''s a poor attempt at a joke... there''s the small matter of the club that previously employed both Grayson and Hoolahan...

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]300k, we''re rich!!! [:D][/quote]yay!! We could get two or three loan players in and still put £300k towards paying off the loan for the land deal.

But Leeds are skint! They''ve got no money? How can they possibly allegedly purchase more playing staff?.....One minute Europe, then they''re floundering and spiralling down the leagues. So, how come they can (if it''s gospel) pursue reinforcements?.....

Then again, they''ve got Ken Bates.... The ''Master Bates'' of all that is required of a bloke who doesn''t give a s*it what anyone thinks....Can''t stand the guy personally.....but, I don''t suppose for one minute he''ll be bothered....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

But Leeds are skint! They''ve got no money? How can they possibly allegedly purchase more playing staff?.....One minute Europe, then they''re floundering and spiralling down the leagues. So, how come they can (if it''s gospel) pursue reinforcements?.....

Then again, they''ve got Ken Bates.... The ''Master Bates'' of all that is required of a bloke who doesn''t give a s*it what anyone thinks....Can''t stand the guy personally.....but, I don''t suppose for one minute he''ll be bothered....

[/quote]

err... they made 4.7m last finance year so they hardly skint! also chance to sign for a bigger sized club maybe to much, especially if roeder being knob towards him

But Hoolahan has things going against him at the moment if he to stay at Norwich. He is not big, strong and quick like the players Roeder wants and he is here on a full time basis. The fact that Roeder signed him is not relevant, he does not always sign players he actually wants, does he!?

1. stay norwich and be small fish in big pond in norwich team, manager who dislikes him, and no offence but your not right end of the league, and your more defensive outfit than you are attacking

2. go to leeds, be the big major impact player on the team, manager who likes you, although lower league be near the top of the league and most likely promotion, attacking outfit

i know id choose option 2

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

err... they made 4.7m last finance year so they hardly skint! also chance to sign for a bigger sized club maybe to much, especially if roeder being knob towards him

[/quote]

we8 f**k off mate

[quote user="we8wba"]

1. stay norwich and be small fish in big pond in norwich team, manager who dislikes him, and no offence but your not right end of the league, and your more defensive outfit than you are attacking

2. go to leeds, be the big major impact player on the team, manager who likes you, although lower league be near the top of the league and most likely promotion, attacking outfit

i know id choose option 2

[/quote]

god your such a knob

its true,

norwich are in better league position but quite clearly he is not playing half the time and currently has knob of a manager who seems reluctant to play the lad

leeds he knows the manager, knows he will play under him, knows he be the dogs bollox there in poorer league

doubt you would accept 300k though, would want more money to be fair

be a no deal in my opinion

norwich will want more than 300k - thats even if they looking to sell which doubt they are